Discussion: Update to version 8.35

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Perfect. All we need now is an auto-snipe tool and any Idiot will be able to play the game like a pro :D

Only lousy players overrate timing skills in such a manner. Timing can be taught in 10 minutes, at which point it has more to do with internet connection than ability.

What separates you from me is not my ability to time well.

Good update. T-train was never a skill related stuff!! While it works for a few in opera, it doesn't for others! so I guess it is fair to implement this. But again this means everyone can send a train, and now we will have to rely on the unreliable opera again to snipe it :icon_evil:

You're sniping wrong if opera is something you think you need to rely upon now.

Cancel sniping has always been superior to sending support when discussing reliability.

DeletedUser

Perfect. All we need now is an auto-snipe tool and any Idiot will be able to play the game like a pro :D

Indeed! I for one don't believe there's anything at all that separates pro players and noobs, besides the ability to Google how to t-train. #sarcasm

DeletedUser

Excellent. Really pleased to read this, so thanks to those Who made this happen. And to those Who say now every idiot can play the game, well... I dont think you are more skilled cause you have a faster internet connection or used chroome. I can send a t-train , i can snipe etc. But then I would be a worse player when I am some Places than others. I have always sent t-train with opera, and now i will love not having to open that and change browser every time i have to send a train. Ill also love that it doesnt sometimes send perfect trains while other times lags 2 seconds. Have nothing to do with how skilled you are if you can send a perfect train or not, just the circumstances. Looking forward for this to start, and now it will make it more competitive i am sure, when everyone sends trains with short gaps.

Well done

gn0me

I guess we'll still be able to depend on our internet connection (or not) to send the first attack after the second every now and then - or is that programmed out of it with the automated 50ms gaps? :)

Also I've had another rally point suggestion for a while but haven't found a suggestions box so I'm going to drop it here and hope somebody picks it up

If the headings along the top of the rally point Commands window
Infantry Cavalry Siege weapons

could become links that select/deselect all the infantry units or cavalry units or siege weapons available it would be a nice addition to be able to send ax speed, cavalry speed attacks, or when sending support out separately and save us all a lot of clicks

mattcurr

I understand some are upset that this new feature allows everyone to use t-trains without the use of Opera. But I feel t-trains are already so commonplace and sniping so prevalent, that this will not have as big of an effect that people fear. If anything, this will end all the complaining about current methods to send noble trains that have been lagging since the last update.

What I would like to remind everyone is that it is not the technical skills of this game that elevate a player. It is the meta game. How diplomacy is conducted, how tribes are organized and built. Efficient troop and village builds.

These are what continue to separate players. And I for one hope that this new feature allows newer players to quickly rise and create a more competitive atmosphere on the server.
Perfectly put

DeletedUser103537

Sweet this is a awesome update not sure it might be mentioned but maybe also make it possible to send other attacks that are not nobles in the same gap. Could be good for cat trains and fakes.

MR.MR

This works from the app and mobile browser version. Finally th ability to send a good train from your phone. That will be the biggest game changer, allowing those of us who play extensively from mobile to be able to send trains. Timed trains, may i add, i got my train within a second of my test nuke on my first try.

Thank you inno

DeletedUser117501

This game is becoming too easy. Everything is becoming automated. Sending trains. Balancing resources. Account manager building troops and villages.

Soon we won't have to play the game at all anymore.

MR.MR

All of those things you mentioned, burritoes, have nothing to do with the actual strategy side of this strategy game:

Deciding what order/build to use for your buildings to be the most efficient given your situation and needs, is a strategy. Being around multiple times a day to click a button is not.
Deciding what troop ratios to use for your nukes for maximum efficiency as well as what your situation calls for (opponent using archers, increase MA, and how much MA/opponent stacks alot, how many rams to increase, etc) is a strategy aspect. Clicking the recruit button on 100s of villages each day is not a strategy.
Choosing which method of delivery of nobles - (noble nukes, 2-trains, full trains, etc) is a strategy. Planning your op to figure out which key villages you take first to avoid opponent defending (ie recap villages) is a strategy aspect. Physically clicking the attack button is not a strategy.

I think you get the point.

Innogames is simply working to put the onus of the game back onto the strategy aspect. Would you want to have to go and actually chop down wood, scoop clay, and mine iron as part of your daily gameplay activities? How about working the fields of your Farm in every village to ensure that your troops dont starve before you are back the next day? I personally don't.

I spent 5 years on the ingame moderation team here, ending my run at the end of November, 2014. Even then, I would be handling multiple reports a week of people 'botting' because they had a noble train landing 100ms apart. It seems like second nature to all of us that play professionally/competitively that you should/can balance, send trains, etc, but for the average TW player who is not allowed into the 'pro' tribes, they dont know about all of these things.

The professional TW community always complains that the talent pool has evaporated here, the good players have all quit, they wish worlds were bigger, more competition, etc. But each time TW implements a change designed at reducing the steep learning curve in this game, which would directly help a new class of 'pros' develop, these same players are the ones that are upset that the game is becoming 'too easy' for the newbs to play. Can't have it both ways.

DeletedUser117857

People used to line up 4 browser windows close together and try and click as fast as possible, then people discovered tabs and the next tab shortcut and made their trains faster, then people discovered Opera and Opera shortcuts and sent even faster trains. That was fine.

Recently people have been noticing Chrome extensions that can help you with this, which are not allowed on all but two language versions of Tribal Wars, but naturally people install them anyway. We could start imposing penalties for using such an extension but I would guess the majority of people install it without intending to break the rules, so it's more fair just to implement it into the game.

I believe that players who had been using the chrome extension to send noble trains will continue to use the extension for sending fake trains and sniping. A couple people have mentioned adding an option for a train without nobles. That has my support :)

DeletedUser

I don't understand the complaints... Sending a train has never been a closely guarded secret. I've got about 7 years experience in this game, and met hundreds of good players in that time. Every player worth his digital footprint can render these 400ms trains useless with a snipe. Give new guys a fighting chance? maybe. This is more like taking away some clicks or Enter->2 Enter-> 2

I'm not thrilled about this mainly because it doesn't help with sniping and gives yet another advantage to the pay to play crowd at startup, but I understand the way the wind blows in Inno board meetings. Just do us a favor and dont dawdle giving defensive players the same tool to protect themselves as the attackers get. In the interest of your concern "that this function should be available to all players without having to rely on external support." That claim is pretty hollow otherwise.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Like the noble train update.
Never was big on sending fast trains really never found the need to be honest after start up. Mind you have done a lot of late game play so does not matter that much when facing a stacked villages.

I have read in previous updates how features are brought in first for the defense of a village as mentioned above I would like to see this option for all attacks / support.
It could be a counter attack feature that is enable if you have a train inbound maybe?