Discussion: Update to version 8.48

DeletedUser656

Dear community,

our new update to version 8.48 will be released on Monday the 13th of June between 10:00 and 11:00.

The update includes tribe chat, a new ranking statistic and a minor improvement. As always the worlds will be unavailable during the update.

Tribe chat

We've extended the current one to one chat system to add a new group chat for your tribe. You'll be able to easily chat with all your tribe mates in real time!

It's worth noting that to help you differentiate between players in the tribe chat we recently introduced a stock set of avatars that players without premium accounts can use from the settings menu.

Opponents defeated as supporter

We introduced a new category in the rankings. Supporting a village will now yield kill points to the supporting players. The amount is shared between the supporters based on the amount of their troops participating in the battle. The calculation includes the units of the village owner, who doesn't get any points in this ranking though. These points can be gained by either supporting another player's village or barbarian villages. They cannot be gained by supporting your own villages. This new ranking has no influence on the existing defense ranking.

Improvements to the haul limit notification

We slightly improved the readability of the haul limit notifications in-game. Now it should be easier for players to understand why they did not plunder any resources (because they reached the haul limit).

DeletedUser106815

That's cool. Great changes, my favorite is how I can't change my flags or claim villages right now. Cool feature!

Edit: Found you can claim through the noble planner at the moment, but not from the map. Flags still won't load through browser or mobile app, but a tribemate discovered you can change those from the research tab still.

Bigger issue I've found now is that I can't access individual villages from the map. Goes to maintenance screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser90465

The Opponents defeated as supporter feature will actually be very interesting on new worlds. It will shine light on those who spike barbarian villages early and can hopefully spark some interesting early battles at the beginning of the world :).

DeletedUser119303

The tribe chat is a good idea but a way to disable notifications would be useful. It can easily get spammy and I don't see a way for me to disable notifications for it it without turning off notifications for other mails.

DeletedUser42044

There should be a way to leader can control tribe chat as inbox get spammed very much witch annoy people that does not like to be spamed.

DeletedUser

How does opponents defeated as supporter work with web support?

DeletedUser

Good:
I really like the Ranking for Supporter. That is a good idea and I cant wait to see who the real active players are ;-)

Less Good:
While i like the idea of a group chat, this needs to be worked on a bit. I had to disable the Chat feature, the browser notifications and the push notifications for my mobile device, The chat is too active and the pop-ups and sounds distracts in all things I do during and to enjoy the game. Sadly it also means that I got back to using the Mail as a simple Mail, Old School Style. :p

Cheers,
-Jish

DeletedUser112079

The tribe chat is a good idea but a way to disable notifications would be useful. It can easily get spammy and I don't see a way for me to disable notifications for it it without turning off notifications for other mails.

I second this.

The feature is a nice idea however even in the first day I've noticed it can get incredibly spammy and the pointless notifications are becoming irritating.

DeletedUser656

What kind of notifications exactly are we talking about here? The push notifications for the apps?

DeletedUser94483

Opponents defeated as supporter

We introduced a new category in the rankings. Supporting a village will now yield kill points to the supporting players. The amount is shared between the supporters based on the amount of their troops participating in the battle. The calculation includes the units of the village owner, who doesn't get any points in this ranking though. These points can be gained by either supporting another player's village or barbarian villages. They cannot be gained by supporting your own villages. This new ranking has no influence on the existing defense ranking.
This if FANTASTIC.

Wile E. Coyote

What kind of notifications exactly are we talking about here? The push notifications for the apps?

I believe they are talking about the "Ding" noise you get when someone messages you in the chat function. It can get outright annoying if you have sound on for other reasons...and a bunch of people just happen to be chatting on tribe chat room.

I personally like the function as I do not have sound on usually, just answering the question.

On another note. ODS is quite awesome. Bring on the Nobleman killed war stat next!

-Kev
:)

DeletedUser119303

Basically push notifications from the app, and for those in a tribe leadership position, it can get annoying as there's no way to filter popups between genuine mails needing attention and tribe spam.

Last edited: