Discussion: Version 7.3

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What does this do:

- Group selections: will now all be ordered alphabetically for the sake of consistency.

It would also be nice to have the addons (account / farm ) hidden if not used also the link in combined view after all you do not get blank premium features if playing without.

Troops in transit feature even if you cannot cancel the cancel link is present. Is this a bug ?

It also does not give any clue if they are returning or attacking troops unsure what it really does tell you that you can use. Must be missing the point.

The request links seem to have done away with a click as well is this a premium feature or do all gain from this?

Last edited:

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
What does this do:

- Group selections: will now all be ordered alphabetically for the sake of consistency.
I think it refers to several drop-down menus. They've been mild annoyances for a while, and I'm glad they're being fixed. :)

Question... There was an in-game chat feature mentioned with v7.2. Is this going to be added with the 7.3 update, is it coming later on, or is it completely forgotten about now?
cool but what with the chat is it happening?
Hasn't been addressed yet. Typhi?

DeletedUser

26bfdd1b0ce19dcebcb2886253890f53.png

Any chance you could take those 2 AM graphics out? They take up a lot of space for 2 tiny images and are just a nuisance. :(

DeletedUser

I second that please only show them if am / fa are activated

DeletedUser5883

The groups list in the 'Add own group' map feature isn't alphabetical - and that's the place it was really needed. It's still showing the most recently created group at the end of the list even if it's out of order.

DeletedUser

26bfdd1b0ce19dcebcb2886253890f53.png

Any chance you could take those 2 AM graphics out? They take up a lot of space for 2 tiny images and are just a nuisance. :(

+3... if your going to add them and keep them maybe improve the look of them? they just look half done and rushed (or thats what it looks like to me.).

Shadryk 01

I'm not much of a forum guy, but typhlosionrulez posts and on-the-spot adjustments to the game is very encouraging. Here we have an IG employee reading and immediately applying obvious fixes & small improvements to the game. As a consumer, I am more likely to spend my time and money on a game if the staff offers a high level of responsiveness and common-sense fixes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the update:

Rally Point > Request

* should show incomings on the same page and their landing time.

* incoming troops should be line-item. Not all lumped together with only one landing time showing.

* after we click "select" have hot-links to allow us to select all or none with one click, as is done with the base Rally Point page and the Mass Recruit page. Manually entering in "0" for all unwanted fields slows gameplay.

Market > Request

* changes similar to the Rally Point > Request page.

AM, Farm Assist Links

I agree with the other posters. This is annoying. On my screen, it sometimes stacks vertically, removing 1-2 lines of village data downscreen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll post more feedback if time permits. I still believe the Reports section needs much work, and that TW should work to reduce the number of 3rd party scripts and tools needed to play the game at a high level. If you're going to keep your new gamers, this game must be easy to excel in.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

What does this do:

It would also be nice to have the addons (account / farm ) hidden if not used also the link in combined view after all you do not get blank premium features if playing without.

Troops in transit feature even if you cannot cancel the cancel link is present. Is this a bug ?

It also does not give any clue if they are returning or attacking troops unsure what it really does tell you that you can use. Must be missing the point.

The request links seem to have done away with a click as well is this a premium feature or do all gain from this?

just discovered the cancel button bug too :). should be an easy fix.

returning or attacking u can still see on the command screen. its just a bit more info.

the request button is a premium gimmic.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm not much of a forum guy, but typhlosionrulez posts and on-the-spot adjustments to the game is very encouraging. Here we have an IG employee reading and immediately applying obvious fixes & small improvements to the game. As a consumer, I am more likely to spend my time and money on a game if the staff offers a high level of responsiveness and common-sense fixes.

I agree with this thanks.

However no plans on ever playing this game again when my world ends.

Shadryk 01

AM, Farm Assist Links

I agree with the other posters. This is annoying. On my screen, it sometimes stacks vertically, removing 1-2 lines of village data downscreen.

Just to add to my earlier comment: We can add hyperlinks to our quickbar. Few people will use the 2 you added, as most will not subscribe to the AM features. If you want to add some links, set them in the default Quickbar so we can modify or delete them.

DeletedUser

is it possible to have the export button on the report overview screen to export multiple reports at once?

Typhi

I second that please only show them if am / fa are activated

Just to add to my earlier comment: We can add hyperlinks to our quickbar. Few people will use the 2 you added, as most will not subscribe to the AM features. If you want to add some links, set them in the default Quickbar so we can modify or delete them.

Well, besides them easing the access to the features for those that have purchased them, they also increase awareness of the features for everyone else. Something that we have observed about new players is that simply don't know (I use "know" loosely here, I think you grasp my meaning) about premium and what it can do for them - we would like to avoid a similar situation arising with the Farm Assistant and Account Manager.

The groups list in the 'Add own group' map feature isn't alphabetical - and that's the place it was really needed. It's still showing the most recently created group at the end of the list even if it's out of order.

Whoopsie, missed that one. We'd really rather not update everything again on all worlds so soon for something this minor (we're already getting dirty looks from the sysadmins in the hallways :D), so we've snuck the fix for this into 7.4 instead.

EDIT: Actually scratch that, we need to update to fix the "cancel" bug anyway, will include this.

+3... if your going to add them and keep them maybe improve the look of them? they just look half done and rushed (or thats what it looks like to me.).

current_layout_icons.png

Mmm, they indeed aren't ideal in the old style, but my personal opinion is that they are significantly better-looking in the current layout (the one used by the grand majority of players, and the one we work with). Thoughts on the screenshot above?

wher do i find the hall of fame thing?

http://en57.tribalwars.net/hall_of_fame.php

It's linked on the player profile of people who earn certain awards. :) Where else do you think a link would be good? It might be good as a new tab on the rankings screen...

Glad to see it is appreciated - we'll be doing this more often. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding the update:

Rally Point > Request

* should show incomings on the same page and their landing time.

* incoming troops should be line-item. Not all lumped together with only one landing time showing.

* after we click "select" have hot-links to allow us to select all or none with one click, as is done with the base Rally Point page and the Mass Recruit page. Manually entering in "0" for all unwanted fields slows gameplay.

RobinGoodfellow already answered most of the above, really. We thought about it, but decided that we'd like to keep the Request screen as clean and as simple as possible - you can see detailed info on the incoming troops in the other rally point pages. We also played around with the idea of adding the (0) and (max) links to the request page, but it started taking up too much room. You can see the max value if you fill in a value that is too-high - it will correct itself. :) (The dev who coded that particular item was quite proud when he got to show that off.)

I'll post more feedback if time permits. I still believe the Reports section needs much work, and that TW should work to reduce the number of 3rd party scripts and tools needed to play the game at a high level. If you're going to keep your new gamers, this game must be easy to excel in.

We whole-heartedly agree, and hope to be able to integrate the functionality of the most useful scripts in 8.0.

just discovered the cancel button bug too :). should be an easy fix.

returning or attacking u can still see on the command screen. its just a bit more info.

Fixing the "cancel" display bug and adding returning or outgoing info to that table took about 5 minutes together, so it looks like you were right about the ease. :D We'll run another hotfix later today to add it to the live version of the game.

is it possible to have the export button on the report overview screen to export multiple reports at once?

That's actually looking a bit harder than we would think, since currently only certain kinds of reports can be exported. We'll keep this in mind for the future.

=*=*=*=*=*=*=

EDIT: newest update applied

=*=*=*=*=*=*=

CHAT: we will activate chat on the first one or two worlds in about two weeks (not necessarily on here on .net)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well, besides them easing the access to the features for those that have purchased them, they also increase awareness of the features for everyone else. Something that we have observed about new players is that simply don't know (I use "know" loosely here, I think you grasp my meaning) about premium and what it can do for them - we would like to avoid a similar situation arising with the Farm Assistant and Account Manager.

perhaps it could have a check box in settings then with the default being to show the am/fm link

that way new players will see them and possibly subscribe enabling those of us who are aware of them but choose not to subscribe to remove them

Tyrell Wellick

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The farm assistant isn't usable for me as it is right now... Here are a couple of ways that problems with it could be solved to make it a usable tool, worth the investment (as I feel I have just wasted some PP).

1. Filter the barbs list by the village they were last attacked from.
  2. Simply write the village name+coords that last attacked the barb.
  3. Automatically send farming run from the village that last attacked the barb, instead of the currently selected village.

As it is now, I have to click the link to the barb, see what village I farmed it from last time, select that village and then find the barb again in the farm assistant to click 'C'. :icon_eek: No thanks, "I'm out."

Oh, and then how do I know what barb has an attack headed to it? There should be an icon or something which shows when you have a farming attack on the way to the barb. Not great when you're doing it for thousands of villages.

Overall, I think the update is good... except for these problems with the farm assistant and being able to see all incoming support (even from enemies)! :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I like the new rally point request support option, its very handy.

But please can someone tweak the in game mass recruit and store all packets? They used to be quite fast but now they are both really frustratingly slow.

Stotty2009

Player profile should be changed back to how it was before. (expect for mobile versions)

wugster

On the mass recruitment page, when I click the insert the difference button, it no longer takes into account my queues. Have I changed a setting by accident or is this a bug?

DeletedUser5883

I like the new rally point request support option, its very handy.

But please can someone tweak the in game mass recruit and store all packets? They used to be quite fast but now they are both really frustratingly slow.

Agreed - it was much faster when it was loading over 2000 villages in a single screen; now it's very slow loading 750 villages...

Also when using the page feature it flips back to page 1 when you recruit on other pages. This is frustrating once you try and recruit over several pages which means you have to remember which page you last recruited on.

DeletedUser

wrong dot on the report. it should be blue or mixes yellow and red.

[spoil]
wrongdot.jpg
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator: