Discussion: Version 8.25

DeletedUser

I think the game is now overloaded with gimmicky features whilst all the useful stuff has been, or is being, removed. Chrome is lagging just as badly; I'm deliberately logged into it now & it presents jerkier between pages than Opera currently is. Also, Google is a company which uses tax avoidance schemes in my country, it's not a company i would want to support with regular use anyways.

DeletedUser

I'd rather have support for the older Opera versions than have all these newly implemented 'features' we keep getting. Besides FA (or loot assistant as it's called now), I haven't really seen much that I have utilized more than a handful of times...

And I agree, Chrome is just awful at running TW. However, once I started seeing the P2W features come peaking it's head into the servers, it was a tell-tale sign that the original business model needed some help, so the cash-cow (PP spending) had to be upgraded, which would literally be made into "you can pay your way to a larger account". I think this helped drive away a lot of the dinosaurs who played and gave them an influx of people who wanted to pay their way to massive accounts, something I didn't agree with when it came out, and still don't agree with now.

It is a business, I understand that, but what are you willing to give up in order to make that all mighty dollar? With the forced issue of using an obsolete Opera browser (face it, the newest versions are about as helpful as IE or FireFox), Inno is going to have to integrate even more shortcuts into their game just to keep older veterans around who are so used to things like bookmark faking/t-trains/keyboard shortcuts/etc. I just don't see why they are so unwilling to support versions of a browser that so many people use to best maximize personal time because at the end of the day, that's why I'm not happy. I could do just about anything I want to do in-game on another browser, it's just my older Opera browser allowed me to do it MUCH more quickly, saving me a lot of time and hassle, but also keeping me a paying customer. Now, I won't bother with it because my time is limited and I have no desire to spend it doing things that used to take a much shorter time with my old Opera browser. And in the end, it's another lost customer as well.

DeletedUser

However, once I started seeing the P2W features come peaking it's head into the servers, it was a tell-tale sign that the original business model needed some help, so the cash-cow (PP spending) had to be upgraded, which would literally be made into "you can pay your way to a larger account".

100% agreed upon.

Ive made around 2k pp since the start of w76 with a village, that is below 300 points. Just goes to show, how many people spend their money on resources. And how much you have to do to earn pp. Its stupid. I can run my account for half a year by simpling trading pp. Thats just wrong. But oh well, its not like we will get our way, guess in the future we will see even more ways, in which Inno can relieve us of our money :S

DeletedUser656

I dont think, Inno realises, just how many people still use the old Opera systems. It has been the best, it still is the best and it always will be. All Inno does with not supporting it anymore is pushing the old good guys out of playing. Its a shame, but im glad to walk away after w70 is done.

Old Opera is an old browser. Compared to modern browsers, it is slow, doesn't support latest standards, misses HTML5 features, cannot render pages properly, fails compliance tests and more. Using it is akin to using an older version of Internet Explorer. You're completely within your right to do so, but you should never expect any page on the internet to work properly. It's not that we don't want to support it, it's not that we press a magic button saying "run the game slowly on Opera", it's simply that we can't support it. Because it's old, it sucks, and there's no way we were going to suddenly decide to stop updating the game 3 years ago, because then you wouldn't have a Tribal Wars to play today.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone who is tech savvy to still be running such an old, god awful version of a web browser nowadays. Anything the old version of Opera could do can be replicated with Chrome and a couple of addons.

BlackGrimReaper

Tribe Mate of the Year 2017
Reaction score
I say please try to play as it is now. Try to play a 10M account or so, and see the difference. Try to bring down a player of your own equal size with the rest of the tribe and see if you can do so or perhaps try it to me if you can bring me down along with bunch of people. Im pretty much sure you wont be able to do that with all the assist and updates that has been made. You might be able to take off some of my villages when im offline but other than that you wont be able to. I would expect around 1K incs as the minimum and well thats too easy to deal with even if all we're timed properly and most likely all will be nukes cause there would be no time for faking.

DeletedUser113220

Old Opera is an old browser. Compared to modern browsers, it is slow, doesn't support latest standards, misses HTML5 features, cannot render pages properly, fails compliance tests and more. Using it is akin to using an older version of Internet Explorer. You're completely within your right to do so, but you should never expect any page on the internet to work properly. It's not that we don't want to support it, it's not that we press a magic button saying "run the game slowly on Opera", it's simply that we can't support it. Because it's old, it sucks, and there's no way we were going to suddenly decide to stop updating the game 3 years ago, because then you wouldn't have a Tribal Wars to play today.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone who is tech savvy to still be running such an old, god awful version of a web browser nowadays. Anything the old version of Opera could do can be replicated with Chrome and a couple of addons.

If Knew a Broswer that worked like Opera Did I would switch, But I need a Broswer like Opera in order to play on a Top 5 account Solo.

DeletedUser94483

Everyone that WANTS the features of opera should not be getting mad at Inno...opera has a development team and a forum. If the voice of opera users for tw is as loud as being portrayed it should not be to much to get them to implement the features we want. I know between links split browser and my short cuts I am slowly but surely tinkering with 20 but not making enough progress to run a quick fun ship with all the worlds and villas i Play with..Again though tw HAS to move forward...maybe we should get opera to have 12.15 do the same?

MR.MR

Fun Fact: You can install all Chrome extensions in Opera 20+, and they gave us back the 1 and 2 keys for switching tabs in 20+. Snap-links is available too. Right there is most of what you need, instead of having a single-key hotkey to run a script you may have to 2-click through your tabs clicking the qbar, but it still functions the same.

DeletedUser

Could not we, the TW-playing community, join together with Immo to make some kind of formal & direct appeal to Opera about updating features to their 12:15* browser so it is TW-play-compatible? I don't mind doing any associated correspondence but I don't know about finding a point of contact to address these concerns to, first off.

* & 12:16

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackGrimReaper

Tribe Mate of the Year 2017
Reaction score
I dont mind, as long as we get back the features we needed the most.

EDIT: I tried using the latest opera with chrome functionalities, its still lagging with just 20 tabs it takes too long to load them all.

Last edited:

darkaniken2

On the Stockpile Distributor, one change I would like to see is the option to select percentage or fixed value moved above inputting the value. Some people might be confused with the order they are in now.

pokemonEX.co.UK

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
ok who's bright idea was it to change the Daily awards....

16x Plunderer of the day
Flag reward: -14% Coin costs
View your achievements

i want to know what i got, why the hell would you change it, i put the daily awards on my profile page, every one i get, cause they can only stay a max of 24 months in archives.

1x Plunderer of the day
You plundered the most villages in this world on
20.10.2013 (4.822 villages)!

2x Plunderer of the day
21.10.2013 (7.472 villages)!

3x Plunderer of the day
22.10.2013 (2.635 villages)!

4x Plunderer of the day
23.10.2013 (1.265 villages)!

5x Plunderer of the day
24.10.2013 (1.854 villages)!

6x Plunderer of the day
25.10.2013 (1.864 villages)!

7x Plunderer of the day
26.10.2013 (1.073 villages)!

8x Plunderer of the day
01.03.2014 (1.819 villages)!

9x Plunderer of the day
06.07.2014 (536 villages)!

10x Plunderer of the day
07.07.2014 (1.033 villages)!

11x Plunderer of the day
23.08.2014 (632 villages)!

12x Plunderer of the day
24.08.2014 (215 villages)!

13x Plunderer of the day
25.08.2014 (7.825 villages)!

14x Plunderer of the day
26.08.2014 (276 villages)!

15x Plunderer of the day
28.08.2014 (455 villages)!

1x Looter of the day
Plunder the most resources in this world on
28.02.2014 (24.864.155 resources)!

1x Defender of the day
Defeat the most units in this world as the defender on
02.06.2014 (166.872 units)!

2x Defender of the day
06.07.2014 (355.520 units)!

3x Defender of the day
07.07.2014 (282.561 units)!

DeletedUser94483

About stockpile I would have to say adding the options from dynamic grouping into it would make it phenomenal..Sometimes I ONLY want to send to a particular village size.

kyrtgr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Opera usability first broke for me when the in game keyboard shortcuts were introduced. With them enabled it was impossible to perform multi tab actions as I used to. Thankfully disabling shortcuts from the game settings fixed that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the 8.25 update, even with the keyboard shortcuts disabled, the game still hooks on the keydown event resulting in sluggish response to all keyboard input directed to the browser. The question is why the game needs to listen to that event in all pages even with shortcuts disabled by the player.

DeletedUser113220

How often does the Stockpile feature, Balance things? Per Say...

It has worked twice so far, Once at 21 st when I set it up and once at 00:06 st

Is it set to every couple Hours? Or something.

Because some of the warehouses are above the set amount I picked and isn't shipping the res away.

DeletedUser114879

How often does the Stockpile feature, Balance things? Per Say...

It has worked twice so far, Once at 21 st when I set it up and once at 00:06 st

Is it set to every couple Hours? Or something.

Because some of the warehouses are above the set amount I picked and isn't shipping the res away.

I set mine before 1h or something but didn't sent anything. Still waiting :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

It can take quite a number of hours for shipping to commence. Around 8-12 hours, maybe. It doesn't seem to be something that is particularly clear at the moment. Just so you know, you might be waiting more than an hour.

DeletedUser115516

Yeah I noticed some resources were capped and not being shipped despite merchants being available.

It would also be nice if we could specify which villages to include, so that it's not shipping resources from villages that we don't want it to. Either a per village checkbox or the ability to set it for groups would be great.

DeletedUser67579

The stockpile feature does not seem to run on a set time or even to abide by the settings I have it on is there some secert to working it I do not know about.

MR.MR

cbfbbdcf4d41a4dace12439870cfae1a.png

It appears to run every 8 hours, give or take a few minutes, but it is not sending as many resources as it should be for me either. Plenty of full warehouses not sending to villages with no iron, or sending 9 merchants worth when theres a level 20 market, 400k iron, and no merchant reserve limit