Discussion: Version 8.5

DeletedUser656

Dear Community,

We're proud to present to you the changelog for the latest update, and are looking forward to hearing what you think about it. Enjoy!

We'll be updating our worlds on Tuesday the 10th, between 10:00-14:00. There will be a small period of downtime while worlds are updated.

Flags
We've added a new feature called Flags! A single Flag can be assigned per village to provide a specific bonus, or unassigned after 24 hours and applied somewhere else instead. Upgrade Flags to increase their efficiency by combining 3 of the same level, to a max of level 9!

Flag bonus types:
-Resource production
-Unit production
-Attack strength
-Defense strength
-Luck balancer
-Population
-Reduced coin/package costs
-Resource carrying capacity

If you're looking for a Flag with a specific bonus type, you can trade Flags of the same level with your tribe mates.

Earn Flags by:
-Defeating your enemy's armies (like earning Paladin items)
-Creating noblemen
-Achieving awards
-Completing certain quests
-Inviting friends

Best of all, your flag inventory is not bound to a single world, but instead to your account. If, for example, you earn a Flag on world 1, you can use it on world 3!

Flags will not be activated on existing worlds. Our next world will have Flags enabled.

Flags sneak preview

Other
- improved the Mass Decommission page with more tools
- added names of other Wars to navigational arrows on War screen
- layout changes to logout page

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102484

Lol why complicate this game so much? :L

Simplicity is what made it so good.

DeletedUser

Is the new Mass Decommission page similar to the mass recruit page?
I dislike the idea of flags though, but good job otherwise :)

~Will~

DeletedUser

I like the flags being transferable to other worlds should make it advantageous to stick with the same account but does seem to penalise those playing just 1 world

ToPaT

Earn Flags by:
-Defeating your enemy's armies (like earning Paladin items)
-Creating noblemen
-Achieving awards
-Completing certain quests
-Purchasing expansion packs
-Inviting friends

>:|

DeletedUser93439

Is the new Mass Decommission page similar to the mass recruit page?
I dislike the idea of flags though, but good job otherwise :)

~Will~

It is similar, but I predict a bunch of people going the wrong way if they don't pay attention to the difference between the 'insert troops' option and the 'decomission until' one.

DeletedUser42044

-Purchasing expansion packs

is this mean that flags could be bought for real money ? if that so i would be very disappointing as i see this game going unfair for players that would not use money for flags.

DeletedUser

Really not a fan of this, particularly the part that says tey can be used on any account. I have images of someone having a 3 mil acc, then starting up on a new world, and instantly having many flags to use to get them a ridiculous advantage.

Without that rule though, it could be alright, but whilst that rule is being considered i won't like this.

DeletedUser

There are so many useless updates in my mind to hid that there are no work involved at all. Go and improve FA as farming is very important in this game. Who cares about these flags or any other update that do not improve our gaming time a lot.

Ok ok all this is only my opinion and maybe I am wrong but I don't feel there are important updates done lately and this flag thing is very sad excuse to hide that there is too less work involved to improve this game. :S

DeletedUser

I dont like the flags being transferable to other worlds either. There have to be better ways of keeping people on the same account. For example lowering the cost to change the name. The flags thing is going to be highly controversial, and should be applied to "flag worlds". Some worlds should have the flag feature, others shouldnt.

I for one, would never join a flags world, much like I wont join a church world. Others will, and those people will join the worlds with the settings they prefer.

Another idea may be to have the flags being transferable to other "flag" worlds.

A humble player

I dont like the flags being transferable to other worlds either. There have to be better ways of keeping people on the same account. For example lowering the cost to change the name. The flags thing is going to be highly controversial, and should be applied to "flag worlds". Some worlds should have the flag feature, others shouldnt.

I for one, would never join a flags world, much like I wont join a church world. Others will, and those people will join the worlds with the settings they prefer.

Another idea may be to have the flags being transferable to other "flag" worlds.

Then quit now?
All future worlds will have flags. Live with it, or get so caught up in you oldschool, pro ways, that you forget to adapt to changes.

DeletedUser

Then quit now?
All future worlds will have flags. Live with it, or get so caught up in you oldschool, pro ways, that you forget to adapt to changes.

This is a discussion! Since when can someone not give their opinion in a discussion? Get off your high horse man! You been around long enough to know better!

And we are a customer here, so what we think should matter. If enough people didnt want the flags thing then I doubt Innogames would go through with it, or at the very least would make adjustments to it so it works for people on both sides of the "discussion". Remember the army camps?

Try keeping your attitude in check, its not appreciated!

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
i hope tw team comes up with template approach for researching in smithy too for AM users...i would like to see a packet world again...its been long..last one was w56:|

DeletedUser

Sounds crap.

I guess to say the least it's interesting :D.

DeletedUser93439

This is a discussion! Since when can someone not give their opinion in a discussion? Get off your high horse man! You been around long enough to know better!

And we are a customer here, so what we think should matter. If enough people didnt want the flags thing then I doubt Innogames would go through with it, or at the very least would make adjustments to it so it works for people on both sides of the "discussion". Remember the army camps?

Try keeping your attitude in check, its not appreciated!

For a 2012 user, you seem to know a 'lot' about why army camps were removed :icon_rolleyes::lol:

Frostin Aust; said:

All 'pre 64' worlds will be 'non flag' worlds and as far as I'm aware of how it is going to be all worlds from 64 on will be 'flag' worlds. Flags will be transferable between worlds.

DeletedUser98628

I hope this idea fails just like army camps. I don't want to have the people who pay money have an advantage.

DeletedUser

For a 2012 user, you seem to know a 'lot' about why army camps were removed :icon_rolleyes::lol:

All 'pre 64' worlds will be 'non flag' worlds and as far as I'm aware of how it is going to be all worlds from 64 on will be 'flag' worlds. Flags will be transferable between worlds.

1) Could well be an alias, so your snide remark is pretty inutile.. 2) pretty inappropriate tone from a mod in a discussion thread imo 3) They were removed none the less and were a failure, which flags DO have the potential to be (given feedback/incorporated premium features).

~Will~

DeletedUser93439

1) Could well be an alias, so your snide remark is pretty inutile.. 2) pretty inappropriate tone from a mod in a discussion thread imo 3) They were removed none the less and were a failure, which flags DO have the potential to be (given feedback/incorporated premium features).

~Will~

1) Sad if you need an alias
2) I'm just a player as well on the forums
3) feedback is always bad.