Discussion: Version 8.5

DeletedUser104296

why the hell would anyone wanna purchase flages.just leave it the way it is!!

DeletedUser

Dude the server survive on the money they make.. Playing free should not even be allowed, or if so, in a time limit.

That is a stupid statement and you should feel bad for saying it.

DeletedUser

I have a question about flags here.. if you have the following flags for example:
level 1 recruitment speed +6%
level 3 recruitment speed +10%
level 5 recruitment speed +14%
How can I combine them together & would the level 1 + level 3 be useless and I better trade them or what.. the flags system is really confusing tho :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

For the record, the oldest flag world is W 64

As far as I'm aware, not all 50.000 starting players will reach 100 villages and definitely not all 3000 that actually do will play a new world anytime soon, and just about 500 of those (rough estimates) that will be playing a new world will probably not use the global exchange that much because of the advantage loss in their older world.

The flags make sense now that you lose flags you transfer Ialso think serious new players will be unaffected by the flags as new playersalways are targeted at first no matter what. I also think the tribe has more ofan impact than flags will. I also see that using flags to get a huge advantagewill only work with smaller players as I read that you have to use a many flagsto get a huge bonus in one village.

DeletedUser

Haven't personally tried the flag worlds yet as i'm not tech world salvy and it doesn't appeal to me.

But the flags idea sounds nice actually, minus the transferable to new worlds and if they do make them buyable.. they should limit the amount they can purchase.. so it doesn't create a huge disadvantage.

I mean the worlds are already diluted enough.. this would only drive a good portion of the competetion away, I mean yeah it's fun beating up on noobs but even that gets boring after awhile :lol:

DeletedUser

I still don't understand why you're all talking about purchasing flags.

DeletedUser

"Hilarious. Declining playerbase --> solution: draw more money from fewer leftover players, as opposed to increasing the playerbase.
This turns away new players (complicated, pay-to-win, advantages oldtimers), old players (pay to win, unnecessarily convoluted) and everybody in between."

^_^ hello all... note's: i have read the whole thread and this is not my first or only user name ;) i have played for many years(around 6) off and on like most who play this game as long and in depth as i have in the past

^.^ now that i have introduced myself and stated that i understand that morty has gone back on his original statement/post stating that flags will be up for sale on .net and world transferable i was relived to hear this sadly it still is a shame that things like this happen to wonderfully classic game's such as TW

>.< now for my point lol.

i came here today to look into upcoming world's and brows the forum's as i do from time to time but this time i planed on joining a world as i have just come into a nice chunk of free time and have met a computer programmer in the right timezone with the needed skillz and dedication with my experience and his time :) i bet we would have a good shot at a top co-played account on any new world to my great satisfaction i noticed that w64 was scheduled to start in a few weeks =) great i thought ...more then enough time to train my new computer savy friend and start a warm up account on a similar world to get her up to speed on TW gameplay :/ thats when i noticed the 8.5 flag update/feature :( i was suspicious to say the least and even before opening the "
8.5 announcement thread." i knew that i had very possible bin getting myself worked up over nothing and that TW was not in my nor my tech savy friends near future ah well guess i savedd myself some time and many calculations/comments :p

ill end it by saying this TW is doomed all true players have seen it coming if you didn't you have not stopped to look at our past history will show you that TW was a game

among games and thats why even today we/I am still here but sad to say fact is that TW has bin in decline for quite a while and proposals like this new 8.5 flag feature will surely kill .net in the end just as the pay to win philosophy has destroyed most severs and well a ton of games in general

another lovely game destroyed by capitalism ^_^ and so is life what a cruel and unforgiving world we have made :p lol. darn ignorance is bliss i feel sorry for all you enlightened people out there hehe...

ok and now for my reason for writing this long peace of sh*t... i mean work lol.

thank you all for running/supporting this wonderful place to join and work with others to strive towards success and to the creators for conceptualizing such a interesting system based on the enjoyment of tactic and strategy i do love strategy and tactic(chess,Go,stratego) though i play my games face to face and on a board for the most part ;)

you guys are what kept me in this world for so long... (off and on of course) i hope to see a new game of this caliber pop up soon but until then ill be taking a break(5 or 10 years) from my interest in online game's TW being the only one i have ever really bin interested in (hmm... maybe because of its simplicity not to say it was ever very simple lol. but it just got alot more shall we say tweaked since my first glimpse and also the fact that even though it was against my religion(im not religious) to pay for anything game related... what can i say i didn't get rich by being moronic :)

i liked the fact that i could come online join with a few people who where willing to pay my way and help with the work/farming load and beat the living hell out of people paying out there ears for the perks and try to solo it out for there own personal glory/idiocy :p not tyo say i have not played the solo slave TW experience before myself lol. but i was never one to pay to play and quickly learned that this game is about constant activity and cooperation/teamwork that made co-playing ideal for a cheapskate with a understanding of the importance of real world and why it should be lived face to face not always through a screen ^.^ hard to do both and maintain a top rank account by one's self though i know some talented monsters who have tried

ok this is where i say fare thee well cruel Tworld! our love for one another was such a bittersweet affaire

i hope you stay true to your nature as a game meant for all in semi equality lol. meaning that one can come with nothing and still have fun felling that they have a chance like anyone else to one day be looking down from the top of the hill(world) at all the nubs and burnt out pro's and laugh knowing that you have made it to the top and have nothing but your brain and fellow comrade's/enemy's to thank/curse for your position as top dog

TW stay true to your fan's and Innogames ^_^ pleas leave .net alone ;) that's the only reason i was still playing once you pull out the stops as you have done in many other game's/sever's TW will lose its unique tantalizing quality that sets it apart as the best making it more desirable then all the rest lol. excuse my rhyme

you made a wonderful thing here guy's

i was wondering how long it would be before you decided to through it all away

keep it alive guys you the people are the only thing slowing the death of this game

unless you keep it up it will slip away before you know it... i leave it in your capable hands

Reagrds
INDO ​(and no im not from India :) i get that alot)

if you must know i smoke INDO(Indica) and if you dont know what that is well then look it up :) no need to ask lol.

laters all and to anyone who finished my blog congratulation's! lol.

DeletedUser

oh and not like it matters but for those who are wondering im in my late 20's(i know still just a young buck) :) cheers mate's may the tides of battle turn in your favor!

DeletedUser107151

Honestly, I think the flags is yet another pointless add-on to the game.

Also, for the "old style" players and the players that consider themselves "pros".. I think, if you really are complaining and saying its stupid and you aren't going to play the worlds with said features.. Then you aren't as "pro" as you think. Because being a "pro" involves adapting to the situations and scenarios that are put before you

DeletedUser

@Indo, if that account truly is not your first account you should know how to quote and edit.

DeletedUser

@Indo, if that account truly is not your first account you should know how to quote and edit.

^_^ who the hell say's i don't mr.wok

^.^ if you must know i started this account to help my young brother learn the game(i think he did quite well for his first go) i was not around much to help but it was fun to teach my bro what i could explain nun the less :p

>.< as far as my spelling, grammar or editing ability's are concerned... well i got's them but having and using our two different things i came here to play not to write but when i saw what was being proposed i got angry decided to save my game for another world assuming they make another one worth my time and instead typed this long ass "blog" about the current situation in my humble opinion.

also i was not planing on really checking up on the site after finishing my long boring "wall of text" but old habits die hard and here i am yet again looking at the once great TW franchise withering in front of my very eye's... damn shame i say! but oh well so is life i guess its time for a new game?.. or maybe no game's at all

well that's all you get mr.Ewok lol. funny part is that this is far from the first time we have met and i wonder how you would act if you knew the identity's i had played in the past :p i just have a tendency to enjoy being anonymous even more so when i am chatting with friend's/enemy's :) so i guess your sh*t out o luck there buddy but im sure nether of us will be losing any sleep over the mater ether way have a good one and it was nice playing with you all i wish we could hit reset and start back on good old w1/beta ah yes the good old days when most where on a similar footing and all had the earge to rise above the rest and decover the ways to stay on top of the pile lol.

well nice reminiscing with you all but life call's once more and i must return to the daily grind good luck to all and i hope flags are ether cut out entirely or gutted and restructured ether way .net was the last place i could come and fell like a true TW(Tribal Warlord) but i fear even .net is slipping away faster then i had anticipated the sad sad truth is that money speaks loud and will eventually be the end of this game(world) and many others like it and with that last note... im off

Regard's
INDO

DeletedUser

@d.is
Honestly, I think the flags is yet another pointless add-on to the game.

Also, for the "old style" players and the players that consider themselves "pros".. I think, if you really are complaining and saying its stupid and you aren't going to play the worlds with said features.. Then you aren't as "pro" as you think. Because being a "pro" involves adapting to the situations and scenarios that are put before you

^_^ you forgot that being pro take's a hell of a lot of time and effort nowadays's and every "said feature" is adding to the headache

^.^ you follow?

>.< ether why im not playing because of the fact the innogames is trying to destroying/make more money off of a beautiful thing(.net) and in doing so are deterring all of the hardcore players such as i once was

i came here a few days ago with the intention of playing and also bringing a new player with me to teach the skillz needed for long term play

now i just fell sorry for the people like me who still poor there hart into being the best TW is doomed i already know that years ago but now i am seeing it gone within a few years when i had hoped i would be teaching my children such art's as backtiming and the like

DeletedUser94483

@d.is

^_^ you forgot that being pro take's a hell of a lot of time and effort nowadays's and every "said feature" is adding to the headache

^.^ you follow?

>.< ether why im not playing because of the fact the innogames is trying to destroying/make more money off of a beautiful thing(.net) and in doing so are deterring all of the hardcore players such as i once was

i came here a few days ago with the intention of playing and also bringing a new player with me to teach the skillz needed for long term play

now i just fell sorry for the people like me who still poor there hart into being the best TW is doomed i already know that years ago but now i am seeing it gone within a few years when i had hoped i would be teaching my children such art's as backtiming and the like

First off to be "Pro" as stated ALWAYS took time matter of fact it used to take MORE time...most said features are something people have to learn around but add to the "I want to have a real life outside the game" craze people are having...Personally I remember when players used to joke around about the "what is outside?"

Most of the updates I personally have seen that were not fixing errors or updating things have been additions that were posted in the suggestions forums most people forgot/thought were never going to get implemented...am i happy with all of them no...Am I going to give them a chance and see their impact on the game for me...well depends on how many worlds with new features open while I wait to win my current Primary world.

Are things going to be the same for everyone NO..Are some people going to quit unwillilng to learn the new features YES...Will you be one of them...well obviously...The only reason I myself am quiting the game is to give it a rest for awhile before I come back...Try some old habits again see if I can find ways to make them as cheap and time consuming as tw has been...Either way Indo...your wall of words makes me sad at heart that players like you have taken the time to even MAKE a forum account. Merely because your ability to form cohesive thoughts does not seem to be all there.

DeletedUser96310

The only problem I see with future flag worlds is a portion of players joining and not having the resource flag to push the account with early. Therefore I see innogames having to allow flags to be purchased to even the playing field. Still, some will say this opens a door for "buying a win" and inno games pimping the game.

My suggestion would be this:

Open flag purchase but limit the purchased flag(s) by not allowing a purchased flag to be counted in earned flag upgrades. (for those that don't understand this, if you earn 3 lvl 1 resource flags you can trade the three for 1 lvl 2 flag). Doing this allows new players the chance to buy the one flag everyone wants at startup (the resource flag) but eliminates any additional advantage to owning it. It will also generate income for inno games in two ways... First the player with a resource flag from a previous world may decide he/she wants the highest possible "purchasable" flag and therefore spends the $$$ and the new player who has never played a flag world who will also purchase the same flag.

I would also suggest that no more then 1 of each level of flag up to say the mid-level flags are purchasable. (again, purchasable but not trade-able and/or used to upgrade earned flags.)

DeletedUser105452

I am wondering, what level flag do you get for a daily achievement? does it count as a wood, bronze, silver, or gold achievement? do you get a lv 1,3,4, or 5 flag?