Discussion: Winter event 2012

DeletedUser656

village_info.png

Tribal Wars Winter Event 2012

Tribal Wars is in the midst of winter and, for the first time, a strange new invader is present in the lands. Viking camps are appearing across the map and fearless, brave and bloodthirsty warriors defend their lodgings with fearsome Viking weaponry.

As the camps move across the world, intelligence of plunderable treasures reaches your ears. Viking furs are ripe for plucking if you’re brave enough to breach their defences… but you have to be quick if you want to catch them before the camp moves on!

6lgNU.png

The Tribal Wars Winter event 2012 has now begun on our newer worlds, and Viking camps are appearing across the world map.

Plunder the camps and collect warm Viking furs which can then be distributed to your population in exchange for bonuses to hauling capacity, building times, recruitment speed and resources.

1YpvN.png

Viking camps

Click on a camp from the map screen, and select the info option to bring up a camp info screen. It's very similar to the village info screen, but will contain an additional option and decampment information:

cRCyK.png

Decampment in: This will show a time in hours, minutes and second until the camp moves on and can no longer be attacked. If an attack on the camp would arrive after this countdown, it is not able to be sent.

Prolong existence: Using this link you can spend a small amount of premium points to extend the stay of the camp by an additional hour, if you need extra time to plunder it.

res.png

Plundering furs

To start plundering furs, you need to attack the Viking camps in the same way as you would attack other villages, but be warned: the camps are defended, so be sure to send enough units to ensure a victory!

After the battle has taken place, you can see the outcome in your battle reports, as usual. But instead of fighting against normal army units, your opponents are Vikings
unit_viking.png

If you won the battle, your troops will bring home a resource haul. But they will also collect valuable Viking furs which are added immediately to your available furs (viewable in the winter event screen).

Note: Vikings Camps are not affected by the holiday peace.

Spending furs
Access the winter event screen by clicking the “open” link in the event widget in your village overview:

nMClr.png

The winter event screen looks like this:

16fSS.png

In the events screen you can see how many furs you have collected, and the buffs that are available to you. Once you have collected enough furs to use a buff, the activation link will become active.

e4yzd.png

If you're having trouble plundering enough furs, you can reduce cost of buffs for a small amount of premium points.

Hint: You can only have one buff active at a time!

Event countdowns
At the bottom of the winter event screen are two countdowns: the first shows the deadline after which no new Viking camps will appear. The second countdown marks the end of the event – after this time it will no longer be possible to spend furs, or activate buffs, and all existing buffs will disappear.

logo.png

Have a very merry Christmas,
The Tribal Wars team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108645

Can we send support to the viking caps? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

"This village cannot be supported."

So no, you can't spike them.

Do the furs collect the same as regular villages? For example, if someone clears it out, it empties the warehouse and regenerates at the build rate set? If so, what is that reproduction rate?

DeletedUser95757

Do we get ODA for clearing the villages?

Also for Non-Haul worlds would it be possible to change the +30% Haul capacity to something a little bit more useful?

DeletedUser

Did you lose a lot of troops, I have a viking village right next to me with 50 vikings in it... would 700 axes and 350 LC and 100 rams be enough?

DeletedUser

is there any "viking" stats? how strong are those northern europeans? are they Swedish as well? what about Denmark?;)

Therin

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Vikings ain't that tough

I do have a couple of questions though. It says that these bonuses apply to new orders only. So say I bought the troop build speed bonus; once it runs out do all the orders made while still under the influence of the bonus remain at their reduced length, or do they return to normal?

Furthermore, what is the respawn rate of furs in the villages?

DeletedUser

Did you lose a lot of troops, I have a viking village right next to me with 50 vikings in it... would 700 axes and 350 LC and 100 rams be enough?

With a level 2 wall, about 1700 axes killed 250 vikings with 32 losses in axes (rams knocked the wall down)

Of note, looks like a new viking spawns every minute...I had 10 minutes in between attacks and 10 new vikings appeared after I cleared.

DeletedUser95757

Of note, looks like a new viking spawns every minute...I had 10 minutes in between attacks and 10 new vikings appeared after I cleared.

I had 20 minutes between my attacks and 125 vikings appeared. It would be nice to get more information about the way in which this works...

Typhi

We won't be releasing any formulas or similar - it's up to you to figure out how they behave. (Much like another player.)

DeletedUser

We won't be releasing any formulas or similar - it's up to you to figure out how they behave. (Much like another player.)

Ruining my fun as always Typhi...just like old times...

DeletedUser

Also, furs appear immediately after a raid - don't have to wait for troops to return like you do for res...

DeletedUser95757

The number of vikings present in the villages is relative to your points, as is the amount of furs it takes to buy the bonus'.

Or at least thats what I've gathered from observations so far.

Thats said it could easily be something to do with playtime on the world...

DeletedUser

The number of vikings present in the villages is relative to your points, as is the amount of furs it takes to buy the bonus'.

Or at least thats what I've gathered from observations so far.

Thats said it could easily be something to do with playtime on the world...

Just did another attack and the amount of Vikings = 1 per minute. Might be different in other worlds - this is a speed 1 world.