Discussion: Winter event 2012

DeletedUser93182

In my opinion, the attack break exists to stop players from doing as much as possible in order to cut down on the amount of support tickets sent. Is that about right?

I would say you are best placed to decide whether your opinion is your opinion or not.

DeletedUser

I wasn't asking whether or not my opinion was my own, I was asking whether the observation was correct.

DeletedUser93182

Read your sentence again matey.

For the record I believe the real reason Innogames introduced the attack break is the same as your opinion and hence why Innogames don't really care about why the players like the attack breaks.

DeletedUser

I am not your mate, and my statement made sense to me. I couldn't really give a shit if you don't have the intelligence to understand what I was saying.

DeletedUser93182

Lol, if you don't give a shit why comment?

You are a grumpy so and so, were you a bad boy this year and now you're worried you'll only get a bag of coal for Christmas?

DeletedUser

You are the one that chose to be an arse and attempt to troll me for no apparent reason.

DeletedUser

I have more than triple that number of posts, but thank you nonetheless.

HorseSoldier

I disagree with this, players who will farm the viking camps all day can farm nearly as much as they would during a day of just farming barbs, therefore players will be at a disadvantage if they don't play over Christmas.

The point of contention is how much of a disadvantage but it cannot be argued there is no disadvantage
No I don't agree. The math is just wrong. Farming the vikings doesn't even come close to what could come from barbs and and it takes very little time to farm vikings because there aren't very many. It will take less time than it does to balance resources and recruit troops.

DeletedUser94483

Any advantage is STILL advantage so morthy i do agree in concept...in the fact that no matter what people want to argue about the negligence OF the advantage making it not advantagous...it STILL is..atypically the viking villages are never really all that far and when they respawn they are either closer or not much further...

So lets say 1 player in a 20x20 stays active during the break JUST to farm the vikings in his area...he can only take 300 of each resource per run but does so anyway....well due to distance and needing to clear this village each time they can only launch 1 time on each viking village so once every 4 hours for 3 days...24/4=6x3=18x300=2400....now on most worlds that is not much but on w66....on the rim...during bp....that is 2400 resources that his neighbors all enjoying the break did NOT get because they were keeping to the spirit of the .NET break....yes that may not seem alot but an efficient early start player will tell you that this farming during the break in that situation which with w66 being so new IS more common then not that it IS an advantage.

now obviously bigger accounts on older worlds farming the same amount from 100 viking villages would only be enough for 1 coin and that really is not worth it...i do agree...that edge will not shift your balance at all...matter of fact if it were not for 64 and 66 I would not even care...but the advantage IS there...now because I am currently poor I WILL be one of the players farming these villages I really should not be one to talk....

Oh I almost forget because the vikings regenerate the FLAGS you gain from clearing these villages so repeatedly would be a much bigger edge then just the resources...especially if you get lucky and all the flags you get from the oda are resource flags...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is this feature coming to other worlds such as W58? ^.^ I don't celebrate Christmas.. So I wanna something to do :)

DeletedUser

Attack....break. You wouldn't be able to farm them anyway, right?
Actually, the attack break is not in effect for viking camps. Player villages and barbs are not attackable, but viking camps are.

The attack break affects both attacks on barbarian villages and player owned villages. Should any other locations appear on the map, please note that they can be attacked during the break.

DeletedUser

how am i susposed to farm these vikings if the w66 server is down...

DeletedUser

Calm down it's not as if you're at a disadvantage to anyone on your world.

DeletedUser

Morthy,
Are we gonna be able to do something with the Furs that are left over after the event is finishes? In a lot of cases some of the cleared Viking villages were emptyed, but still had quite a lot of vikings in them, so clearing them only brings furs. I think if you guys turned them into resourses after the break is over it would be a nice present to the players for the new year.

DeletedUser

I know all this must have been said, but these viking camps must be grossly bias in favour of attacking players! now i've noticed 500 vikings to a camp the casaultys must make it not worth attacking for alot of defensive players no doubt most! definately all the smaller ones, therefore its going to amount to TW giving offensive players extra resources, extra OD = extra awards= extra flags.. I don't get it??? is the purpose of this to see all def players banished? Or does TW admin think defensive players already have an advantage?? i know that theres going to be alot of defensive players badly disadvantaged because of this

DeletedUser

I know all this must have been said, but these viking camps must be grossly bias in favour of attacking players! now i've noticed 500 vikings to a camp the casaultys must make it not worth attacking for alot of defensive players no doubt most! definately all the smaller ones, therefore its going to amount to TW giving offensive players extra resources, extra OD = extra awards= extra flags.. I don't get it??? is the purpose of this to see all def players banished? Or does TW admin think defensive players already have an advantage?? i know that theres going to be alot of defensive players badly disadvantaged because of this

It's hardly TW's fault that YOU can't participate in the event because of YOUR village build, is it?

Should probably just bookmark that quote for all the times I've been using it.

Also, the entire attacking system grossly favours the defender.

DeletedUser

Should probably just bookmark that quote for all the times I've been using it.

Also, the entire attacking system grossly favours the defender.

you clearly have'nt given that remark any intelligent thought Ewok!! if TW brings out an event that clearly favours off players and disadvantages def players, Umm well yes it is their fault that they bought an event that favours off players and not def players........... give me strength!