Does anyone care anymore?

DeletedUser8124

To me this world died about 2 years ago. Does anyone really care anymore? It's just a waiting game now. Full of inactives. War is more of people nuking one another. Reminds me of the western front during world war 1. This game used to be full of OPs on huge players. I don't have the same pride I had long ago. My favorite time of the world was actually the beginning when the origional saints ruled the world. Good times.

DeletedUser

As long as I still have friends playing, and players to work with and talk to it's always fun when I can be asked to play, sometimes it gets repetative and thats when I take breaks. Although it's a waiting game, it means players aren't glued to the game for hours and hours on ends (ignoring Pizz) which I like. In terms of caring, as long as I'm having fun and enjoying myself that's the main reason for me still caring about w2. When it becomes a nuisance and players feel they're forced to play, then they really shouldn't be playing :icon_neutral:.

Although there's inactivity, there are still ops. Heck players are so large nowadays that one player simply cannot take out another player without help.

But otherwise my favorite part of w2 probably when I'm planning an op/ working with my team.

DeletedUser

tjd if you was more active you would realise there are OP's and stuff, about a month ago me, Resputi the great, jellytots and a load of EleAud attacked Exodus and made him drop over 1million points.

I was nobling Exodus around you, surely you noticed that?

DeletedUser5974

I dont care because I dont play. Generally I guess if you dont care about the game while playing in the books you are inactive :p

I am sure people have fun ingame because its about the friends u make and stuff like that :p. Its a game if you cant have fun its pointless at the end of the day :p. But the biggest thing is that this is a game in which we are responsible for our actions

DeletedUser

i wouldnt say it died 2 years ago, as much as maybe 7 months ago

But yes....dont care about the world anymore, ive made my mark. Do care about the friends though....but even that couldnt stop me from hitting delete now

Mysticjelly2

Besides the friendships forged in the past I'd say I too feel this world died a death. Can't put my finger on what went wrong but even sending an attack has lost it's thrill, seeing an incoming ends up a fake and thus bores me silly. I actually miss being at war with everyone and their dog, close combat, team work, something to keep you logging in and watching the map around you and in the K's around you.

This world needs a shakedown. Or more people will simply loose interest and go.

DeletedUser

Thing is...I asked the mods on numerous occassions to give out a definition of what constitutes a win. To this day i still don't know. Maybe you guys do? If not then what is the point of this? Is it last tribe or last person or even last family?
I left W2 ages ago because of ill health but always loved W2 the most. For a long time i thought you guys were simply crazy hanging on to a game which nobody plays. Now though i am not sure if you are simply crazy or to be admired for the depth of patience you people exibit.
I can't help but wonder though.If you knew when you started playing W2 that it would gum up like this...would you have got so committed or would you have just said "to heck with this i am off "?

I hope someone can tell me what constitutes a win.

Mysticjelly2

Wish I knew. Sometimes I think it comes down to a moral victory in most cases. All I do know is, had I known what this world was turning into I probably wouldn't have applied any effort that I had previously and most likely left before I even got started.

Scholesy2005

To me this world died about 2 years ago. Does anyone really care anymore? It's just a waiting game now. Full of inactives. War is more of people nuking one another. Reminds me of the western front during world war 1. This game used to be full of OPs on huge players. I don't have the same pride I had long ago. My favorite time of the world was actually the beginning when the origional saints ruled the world. Good times.

If this world died you wouldn't be playing, simple. for players who left the world died so they left, if not that other RL obligations took them away, but most who stop playing is because the world died for them, so if its dead for you why are you still playing? XiG ruled the world at there peak as well don't forget that

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Thing is...I asked the mods on numerous occassions to give out a definition of what constitutes a win. To this day i still don't know. Maybe you guys do? If not then what is the point of this? Is it last tribe or last person or even last family?
I left W2 ages ago because of ill health but always loved W2 the most. For a long time i thought you guys were simply crazy hanging on to a game which nobody plays. Now though i am not sure if you are simply crazy or to be admired for the depth of patience you people exibit.
I can't help but wonder though.If you knew when you started playing W2 that it would gum up like this...would you have got so committed or would you have just said "to heck with this i am off "?

I hope someone can tell me what constitutes a win.

The only definite winning condition, as far as I know, is to conquer it all. If you look at the old finished die-staemme worlds, the winners were one player which controlled a majority of the world?

DeletedUser

This place was nearing its death bed a while back, and then the combined efforts of Congo in the forums (and ingame) and MPX rising into a much more powerful position. Now with the merger of MPX and HOT, it simply seems a lot more dead, because now that the excitement of MPX's rise is gone and Congo has left, everyone's realizing how many people have actually gone over the past year.

I think we're yet to realize the next chapter in the world. We have TW-HOT-ATEN in the reverse this time, pretty much, except I'm not convinced history's going to repeat itself, since this time ATEN is split in three, but something's going to happen, definitely. All that needs to happen is someone starts shouting, and others start shouting back, and before you know it there's motivation, and there's war. Another 100 people leave, and we're back here.

In order to properly enjoy W2, you need at least Congo, Asterios, Lippa, Dreid, Hamartia, Jack Krauser, Mr. Sinister, Gibbomd and Arthas. (note I didn't list you if I don't know that you're not here)

DeletedUser

This world is not dead...its just the time scales of whats happening that have changed

It was exciting when an op's used to last a week and you get a result - win or lose

Now Ops last for ever it appears
Congo's stratergy of "rolling thunder" to grind down individual players in areas was/is effective ....

MPX were doing realy well and since thier name tag change it feels as if they have tarnished thier integrity some how

The old TW family tribes are still adjusting and trying to hit back

The most frustrating thing is logging on and seeing a sea of gey - either once allied or enemy the day before, this is causing the problems as you either spend time/troops mopping up the geys to stop others getting them or just leave them

Also as players accounts grow they appear to dominate one area with a few clusters scattered about in other areas- with a sea of grey in between - so launching joint attacks may involve easily 100hrs+ times for them to land

So its those that are left who need to adjust to new stratergies - Aten where the 1st to adapt and have gained success through it - the challange to the other tribes/players is either copy it effectivly or come up with another way to counter it

Its stale and stagnant but the way forward is to think out of the box to try and find a style of play that is different but effective not just on an individual level but a tribal level - can your tribe work or orgonise its self differently - or is it time for individuals to stand alone and play essp some of the realy big accounts

just food for thought in the "dead pond" of world 2

DeletedUser

The only definite winning condition, as far as I know, is to conquer it all. If you look at the old finished die-staemme worlds, the winners were one player which controlled a majority of the world?

OK...thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2730

If this world died you wouldn't be playing, simple. for players who left the world died so they left, if not that other RL obligations took them away, but most who stop playing is because the world died for them, so if its dead for you why are you still playing? XiG ruled the world at there peak as well don't forget that

Here Here :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

ugh, w32 is much more fun :p 2 speed, and plenty of noobs. one thing i'll always miss about w2 is the world wars though. you can never recreate that - i have to say the most epic fights occurred here.

DeletedUser

no other world has matched w2... the best wars were fought and won here.. well for me anyway ;D

DeletedUser910

i wouldnt say it died 2 years ago, as much as maybe 7 months ago

But yes....dont care about the world anymore, ive made my mark. Do care about the friends though....but even that couldnt stop me from hitting delete now

Ditto. I've already accomplished just about everything I wanted to. The friends that invited me to this game left over 2yrs ago. lol!! Then I made a some new friends like DudeofDeath, Cringe, Sir Lance, Mr Wildcat0, Jumperforgoalpost, etc... All of them are gone too. Only a few people to run ops with any more. I'm pretty much just going through the motions now, practicing some of my defensive skills that I can use on World 1 when the time come.