Does this world Fail? Or just TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

fadarofthedarkblade

well it is becoming a rtather popular trend in the newer worlds this one is worse then normal simpply as everyhting kind of moves slower here.

and dont worry i see great potential for this world you have a lot of good tribes forming and if they can keep it together then it will become very interesting

Sayak

It should be alright. I think TW staff might have to eventually to make barbs grow to 3K. Like they did in a previous world ( cant remember which world ). Sometimes its necesary. But its too early to tell now.

Sayak

They totally removed barbs from that world apparently lol. But anyways what do you guys think of the idea of eventually barbs growing to 3K?

Im on the fence here. Theres loads of cons and pros for it. Main Con being the world has the possibility of becomign who can be the quickest to noble the most barbs, and it just becomes boring and no skill is involved in that. But pros it gives a needed boost to farming, and it may fill up the world more rather than having so many grey dots.

DeletedUser

Tribes will take longer to defeat because the losing tribe can always suck barbs to keep themselves alive. I've seen this scenario play out in w24. Down the south-east corner (but forgot the tribe names). Its going to be quite frustrating, for the dominant tribe to finish the war. But that's just a scenario.0

Could the mods even change the settings just like that?

DeletedUser

Tribes will take longer to defeat because the losing tribe can always suck barbs to keep themselves alive. I've seen this scenario play out in w24. Down the south-east corner (but forgot the tribe names). Its going to be quite frustrating, for the dominant tribe to finish the war. But that's just a scenario.0

Could the mods even change the settings just like that?

They did so on W31 after a vote by the world players. I don't much like it.

DeletedUser

They did so on W31 after a vote by the world players. I don't much like it.

They did? Oh yeah, i remember voting now. I dunno if its just bad memory, or nothing much in w31 worth remembering.

DeletedUser

I dunno about other worlds, this is my first world. But please dun change the settings here. Especially the the rule about Barbs growing to 1k. At most 2k, but not more than that. This is tribal wars, not noble wars.

DeletedUser

Wow. :D

Look at W27 though. ;D

Yeah, something needs to be done. Maybe they should disappear after 3 weeks?

DeletedUser

W16's barbs are all 100 pointers though.. Which is very annoying.. And theres huge gaps between players, most owning entire ks with only 100 vills.
But i think it will be a bit different here cause at leave they grow a bit.

openeye

W16's barbs are all 100 pointers though.. Which is very annoying.. And theres huge gaps between players, most owning entire ks with only 100 vills.
But i think it will be a bit different here cause at leave they grow a bit.

And having fixed noble rates is going to eliminate how much nobling barbs slows your growth rate since you wont have the raising costs that make nobing barbs ineffecient. While we are going to have alot of barbs in the world, the nessary evil from TW launching so many worlds in rapid succession, we are going to see them eaten much sooner.

Sayak

Yeh things to add.

I think now it might be a good idea to really consider 1.K-2K barbs. MY reasons:

The way the academy works as openeye mentioned above, is that you need an academy to produce a noble. Not many players want to wait 2 weeks(approx.) just to get another noble (seriously it takes nearly that long from a 1K barb to get an academy). So most of the players dont noble barbs, I my self have only nobled 1 barb. So with a village growing to around 1.5K- 2K, itll be a lot easier to produce a noble sooner from nobling that village.

Also because of how slow this world is, the rate of appearing barbs is alot faster than a player growing, thus why so many greys.

Also you cannot remove barbs after 3 weeks, how will you make resources? You need the Barbs as a mean of resource incomes. Cant live without farming.

Stating those pros. Above alot of cons were mentioned and I agree alot with those.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have to agree that this world does, indeed, fail.

If not for the players of whom I love, I would not be playing it.

Tic Toc

The forums also fail, if not more.

And you are just a beacon of hope amongst this failure of a forum. :icon_wink:

Anyway, player inactivity and barbarian villages is all TW's fault. If they stopped trying to appease all these world hoppers and plotted down a sign saying this world is the last one for another year, get used to it, we might see a bit less barbarian villages.

DeletedUser

I really cannot think of any reason why every third player starting a world never does more than a single login. Newer worlds start with around 100k players and at least a third only does that one login, another third quitting incredibly early.

I understand the latter third, cause it's a inherent problem when pushing worlds out every 3-5 weeks. But whats up with that humongous amount of players that only create their account, but never play it? Are those multiplayers who know they are going to be banned, but create douzens of accounts on a public pc somewhere to have something to farm in their area? Is it really that many players that take a look at the game and decide it sucks?

As for the greys. 1000 points is more than enough. To be honest: It's allready too much. This is tribalwars, not some sim city game. On my continent around 200 villages were nobled since the start. 170 greys, 7 really small active ones (<1500) and the rest doesn't look like tribes clashing. It is allready a sim city game, even for those players usually playing pretty agressive.

Well, I guess TW is trying to help me get over my addiction by becoming a very dull game. thanks inno.

Status
Not open for further replies.