Does this world Fail? Or just TW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Lolz, exactly.
When I started playing tw it was very different. Now many people play so many worlds at once, they get bored easily and quit worlds faster.
Hence the number of barbs and inactive players.

I like playing in the core, good, active players. Outside the core there's just no challenge...

Rulerofmiddleearth

One of the things that has annoyed me the most through-out my MMO-career, is the publics wish for easymode and moreso, the developers will to accommodate them.

Doesnt happen every time, but this time I really agree with Jamm as far as growing barbs goes. 1k is allready more then enough. Raising it even more would continue to encourage the hugging between tribes, since they are given an option that is more trooppreserving and easier then actually fighting eachother. I'm sure its appealing to the PvM-crowd, but a game like this shouldnt really have a PvM-crowd in the first place.

I'm sure my discontent with nobling non-player villages are hindering my growth severely, compared to those who spam their nobles on defenseless barbs, but I still feel better about only having nobled two non-player villages. You just cant argue with those 10+ pop villages..

DeletedUser

w30
Number of players: 35.295
Total villages: 210.245 (5.96 per player)

w31
Number of players: 26.862
Total villages: 175.103 (6.52 per player)

w32
Number of players: 27.075
Total villages: 126.850 (4.69 per player)

w33
Number of players: 24.839
Total villages: 113.957 (4.59 per player)

w34
Number of players: 42.064
Total villages: 109.584 (2.61 per player)

w35
Number of players: 61.563
Total villages: 129.877 (2.11 per player)

it's the same on every world actually, w30 being the worst. Around one third leave very fast, another third within the next 6 weeks. So basically you end up with worlds of around 20-30k players, but around 120k villages.

Still, could anyone explain to me where 70.000 !!! people come from that login within the first 3 days of a world (not later) and then disappear as fast as they came? I have the suspicion it has something to do with multiplayers. People creating douzens of accounts to see which one has the best position. Such stuff. And thats really ruining the game.

Rulerofmiddleearth

Narrowing it down to the people joining within the first three days, excludes explainations like people's habit to sign up for things they only end up using once and pretty much any other related explaination.

Unless of course there are, by some strike of chance, a bunch of people that choose the days shortly after a new world opens, to drop by the tribal-wars page and sign up due to their belief about it being a game they could enjoy for that particular lunchbreak and never again.

Or... applying some of that MMO-experience to the guesstimates.. It could be asian farmers that think they could sell those free premiumpoints you get when your account hit xxx points? But after a few worlds, they should be realising the next one wont the world that actually is doable..

Rulerofmiddleearth

Oooor.. TW add barbs? I got a feeling alot of those barbs around me never was players in the first place. And then you got all the Bonus-villages of course. Those were never players, right?

DeletedUser

if you look, the different quarters of the worlds have different amounts of players/barbs. look at the W33 map given. The SW quarter is lighter in color then the other quarters. competition might be a small factor in it.

DeletedUser

On the topic of how the stuff differentiates by orientation: w9 look at the NE

DeletedUser

Having a huge field of grey near me has actually motivated me to go after active players more :icon_surprised:
With the theory that the more academy ready villas I take the more bonus barbs I can take faster than my neibours :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

You just cant argue with those 10+ pop villages..

To be honest, the 33% stable and barracks bonuses look the most tantalizing for this world. That is what I targeted once I had initially removed everyone in the K that was higher than 40 morale.

Rulerofmiddleearth

I chew those up when I noble players that allready grabbed em ;)

I still like the 10+ though, especially when they are placed a bit behind the front, so they got the time to build up a perfect nuke. But yeah, they make the .5 even more apparent ^^.

DeletedUser

I like the +50% merchant villages best. With the huge amount of small villages that need feeding a village with 353 merchants 600k warehouses and 5k lcav in it sounds like the perfect hub for resource distribution.

mike62

3k barbs would work it would get round the slow settings and once the barbs start to disappear then the red dots will follow.
This will allow the more experienced players to stay in this world and not get bored.as they are now with the slower settings.
Its happening daily when you come into the game and see a player who started like a steam train leaving and moving onto a quicker world.
Come on guys at TW, stop opening new worlds until it all settles down.

DeletedUser51390

To be honest, the 33% stable and barracks bonuses look the most tantalizing for this world. That is what I targeted once I had initially removed everyone in the K that was higher than 40 morale.

yup yup i currently have 4 stable and tw o rax bonus's and have my eyes on about 3 more of each to be taken soon

the moral is a huge issue aswell

DeletedUser

I have the suspicion it has something to do with multiplayers. People creating douzens of accounts to see which one has the best position. Such stuff. And thats really ruining the game.

I'm guessing it's the second one.
I know people who just creates account and restarts many times just to see if they get any barbs. It helps others in the beginning, but later on, it just suck.

And moral is becoming a big issue for me. Cleared someone and then support killed one of my smaller nuke :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Originally Posted by Rulerofmiddleearth
You just cant argue with those 10+ pop villages..

Not only that but they appear to be a good villa to put a church in if their in the right spot there by negating the population effect a church has.....

DeletedUser

Not only that but they appear to be a good villa to put a church in if their in the right spot there by negating the population effect a church has.....

Am, in a word - no. Church takes up far too much pop - make a church villa a scout village if you feel like it. Make a full above average size nuke in a pop10+ village

Rulerofmiddleearth

To your defense, those barbs was 3x better then those we got now, and people still massnoble these ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.