Dominance Settings

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
We've had dominance as endgame setting for a long time now, not sure when it started and how much it change over time... but it feel like its very outdated compared to how the worlds end up in lategame.

Lets take 116 for an example, the world started 10th of September, in the middle of January, members of Rank 2 tribe was set on delete and the world was pretty much won. This was 4 months into the world... The fact is the worlds are much smaller now and are the winner is pretty much decided before the world is even 6 months. (one of the requirements for winning). And BITE only had maybe 25% dominance if not less at this time... and the long hunt for 70% starts with mindless nobling.

At middle of March, when Bite had about ~40% dominance a vote was done for -50% coin reduction, 1 month later we were near 60% dominance. coin reduction helped alot to actually make it possible to close the world within a reasonable time...

365c1774a60e1853d8444459303e8903.png

This is what you get when you reach 50% dominance, nothing... Morale isnt gone, restart is still possible, registration would be possible (if the world hadnt reached 180 days by this point, i think?).

Runes give you a -10% coin reduction for every 10% global runes owned by a tribe, why isnt this a thing for dominance?

Give dominance some updates:
  • For every 10% Dominance for Rank 1 tribe; -10% Coin Reduction. (for whole world)
  • At 50% Dominance: Remove morale and restarts for accounts that are rimmed. Maybe a 7 days cooldown before they are removed.
  • Close world for new registrations at 50% Dominance if 180 days is not reached yet.
  • Winner need to hold 70% of the villages for 14 days. 120 is gonna have it for 20 days for some reason...)

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Approved for voting, but I do want to say you'll really need a lot of votes/discussion posts before it will be considered. This is quite a drastic change, so we really need to see a big majority of players supporting this suggestion before it will be considered.

Thanks and good luck!

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Give dominance some updates:
  • For every 10% Dominance for Rank 1 tribe; -10% Coin Reduction. (for whole world)
  • At 50% Dominance: Remove morale and restarts for accounts that are rimmed. Maybe a 7 days cooldown before they are removed.
  • Close world for new registrations at 50% Dominance if 180 days is not reached yet.
  • Winner need to hold 70% of the villages for 14 days. 120 is gonna have it for 20 days for some reason...)

I guess this is what would be needed to discuss to improve dominance settings. Some might be a bit unbalanced, esp the first one about coin reduction.
Could also be useful for people to share their own opinion about the current settings that exist for dominance, if something is good about them and what isn't.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Dominance settings are just really old, Game has changed over the last decade, has gotten faster, there is no special touch for having dominance as a setting.
Recently more and more people dislike this settings because of that. Rune Wars is a great example of how endgame should look like.

Problem is there is no reward or coin reduction by progressing the dominance over the time. Grinding 70% dominance as rank 1 tribe especially if you have a decent sized academy tribe which is quite the norm these days, is extremely unnecessary. It basically means having to conquer the entire world before the world is closed, which is kinda ok if the ideology behind this setting is exactly that but it is super slow, especially when at a certain point the enemy can't even recover anymore. Giving players coin reductions based on dominance progress helps speeding that tedious process up.

Morale, Beginner protection and being able to restart at a certain progress towards domination should also be disabled at 50% + dominance. This only creates annoying situations on current worlds where rimmed players abuse these features.

And I think this post is super accurate Feedback too. You don't have to look far here on .net of what I explained is exactly true. I think all recent dominance worlds (w116, w112?, w110) had a coin reduction of 50% after the rank 1 tribe reached the required dominance threshold. And I don't remember once the poll not making it, so basically most players want it.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Biggest problem for dominance is price of nobles and morale. Because you have to noble 70% you will have to attack smaller players on the rim. I have gotten several pms from smaller newer players about not attacking them and to let them play the world out. On WT worlds i got the choice to do this while also helping them out. On domination i can let them have 1 or 2 vills but its just not fun for anyone. Dominance is both worse for "better" players and for the newer.

Right now on 116 the biggest player i can hit that isnt in mine or my sister tribe is at 83% while most are hovering around 53-56% and we are at 67.7%. Every world lately has had to be asked for cheaper nobles and the CMs making polls for it. Havent seen one NOT being resulted in cheaper coin price.

Rune vills is clearly better because the 10% reduction of coins for every 10% Rune domination. It also results in not having to clear all these newer players or those that for some reason enjoys going full def and just sits around be anoying and prolonging the world

Deleted User - 11134637

I Agree on that domination feels really old and tedius, a tribe that has 50 or 60% pretty much already won, has there ever been a world where a tribe with over 50% lost the world? withoit major tribe swapping i don't see that ever happening.

BalerionTheDread

Reaction score
That's great , I have been discussing with my friend about this

it's great idea but might be a little complicate

What about:
The percentage would be the difference between the first and second tribes by dominance

The Victory conditions should be updated , we want to see a new Victory conditions or some updates

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
What about:
The percentage would be the difference between the first and second tribes by dominance

So when Rank 1 leads with 10% (in dominance) over Rank 2 you get the coin reduction?
I guess that could be a solution for make the noble limit not go too crazy early on!