Donald Trump is a nut

DeletedUser

I've never felt sad for the GOP before... Cruz or Trump....what a shitshow.
[spoil][video=youtube;CdEsH5mrxwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEsH5mrxwE[/video][/spoil]

Michael Corleone.

GOP needs to destruct and reform from the ashes. However that being said, Democratic Corruption this election protecting hillary is just as pitiful.

Michael Corleone.

Time to start electing third party officials into Congress.

Asylum Escapee

It's time's like this when I find Canada's horribly dull politics to be not so bad after all

DeletedUser

dull Canadian politics! brah!
[video=youtube;JDuqZbjxB_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDuqZbjxB_E[/video]

Asylum Escapee

see, even our crackpots still manage to be boring.

Last election, the conservative candidate issued attack ads attacking the liberal guy's youthful good looks and nice hair. The liberal guy did a boxing match for charity. Nobody really cared about these things, and just voted like normal. The liberal guy, who ended up winning, said he was going to legalize weed, and that wasn't really talked about much.

In the US, you had Trump, who has unknown motives, Cruz, who wants to usher in the end times, Carson, who didn't notice the end of the cold war, Rand, the crazy version of his dad, Bush, who's momma made him run, and a lot of other people who were in the race for some reason. Then the sane ones proceeded to be slowly weeded out, until only the most batshit crazy were left.

Meanwhile, Hillary seems determined to prove that elections are indeed for sale. Makes me glad I don't have to vote for one of them.

I still think that Bill Clinton got trump to run as a joke, and it spiraled horribly out of control.

DeletedUser

GOP needs to destruct and reform from the ashes. However that being said, Democratic Corruption this election protecting hillary is just as pitiful.

The GOP is divided as what to do with Trump now, basically reforming as you said in the cliques that use to be in Washington. The republics are at a toss as how to handle him for the wellbeing of the party.

On another note though, while its a good point you made about Hilary-- now you could say the same about the GOP. I think about the corruption Trump brought to the party, and how much he is holding.

To me?

In the US, you had Trump, who has unknown motives

Make a wall via Trump enterprises and associates to profit from it. Basically what Dick Cheney did with Haliburton.

He's anti-establishment, but only because its a catchy slogan. His company runs more or less as a sole-propertiership in a limited liability capacity. So murging his name, his company, and the white house is his establishment.

I could go on from there, but I'm just like can't we build a wall where we could use it? Like fortifications in the middle east? Nah... he's all like "I want my legacy to have a "Trump Wall" and it to be in America so it can eventually be my tourst attraction & monument." And America's gonna pay for it! Pffft, please. That's the real punchline.

Michael Corleone.

I think its more fair to say that out of Trump and Cruz, Trump is actually less corrupt. Cruz has painted himself as this "outsider" "anti-establishment" guy, but look at which banks and companies have donated to him. Quite a few are the same as Hillary and Jeb Bush before him.

I want money out of politics and out of media. I don't think much, if anything, will be solved until then.

DeletedUser

Separation of Corporation & State.

America? Capitalist Democracy as I know it.

Trump? Capitalist.

Democracy? Voting.

America? America.

[video=youtube_share;b-eYbUVZedY]https://youtu.be/b-eYbUVZedY[/video]

In all seriousness, banks and companies donate to everyone. To people like the Koch Brothers, the presidential race can become a horse race.

DeletedUser

Our election process is a joke from start to finish, and it's certainly no wonder that candidates are pandering to the "anti-establishment" line, even though it's meaningless.

First off, the insane amount of time that a candidate has to campaign... around 2 years.

Secondly, the primary/caucus process... by the time my state got to vote, more than half the candidates had dropped out. And there are still states that have not voted. The candidates are chosen by states like Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio, etc. And then once a candidate starts to get a decent lead, the media presents them as a runaway candidate. If you were even considering voting for someone other than the frontrunner, you get an earful of "why bother? They can't win anyway". Oh, and there's the fact that I couldn't vote in either the Republican primary or the Democrat caucus because I'm a registered independent.

Thirdly, the superdelegates. WTFF. 20% of the democratic delegates are basically assigned on a whim. I can't even with this one.

Fourth, the money. Billions upon billions of dollars thrown at the election. Free healthcare for all and a free education! There's the money to pay for it right there! Given that K-12 is supposed to be free (unless you decide to go to a private school) and compulsory, and we struggle with a higher dropout rate than most would like to see, would free university really improve anything? If you are invested in your education, you are more motivated to go. Have it handed to you on a platter, and it's worthless.

Trump? I like to think it's a joke that's gotten completely out of hand.

xinryr

Coug thought I was joking when I explained superdelegates to him early in the primaries.