Donkey declares on Britan

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Donkey declares war on Britan (and family)

What can we say....

Brittas4.jpg

Britan are an anachronism. A tribe founded on a philosophy of a time long past. A philosophy proven to be wrong in the modern era. While the former, real, British Empire moved on to a Commonwealth, the leaders of Britan, living in some mistaken belief of past glories, continue to peddle 18th century notions and incomplete information.

From their tribal profile: "The British Empire comprised the dominions, colonies, protectorates, mandates, and other territories ruled or administered by Great Britain, that had originated with the overseas colonies and trading posts established by England in the late 16th and early 17th centuries."

"The British Empire welcomes all nationalities. From Canada to Singapore, India to Australia"

They forget to add the information about tea parties in Boston, of wars of independence, of the formation of republics, of the rise of the mighty Maple Leaf in place of the Union Jack, of the abandonment of the Indian sub-continent, of the abomination of diplomacy in Palestine, of their former penal colony besting them in almost every field of endeavour, of their intractable handling of Northern Ireland and of the members of the British Isles clamoring for home rule.

These are leaders who make a virtue out of either selective memory about those whom they try to emulate or worse, leaders who wish also to emulate the worst failings of the unenlightened days of the British Empire.

Many in the game have been horrified, but too polite to say anything. Perhaps, they thought, it was some sort of joke, some part of the British sense of humour that has brought us such farcical parodies as "The Brittas Empire" or "Little Britian". But no, the leaders of the tribe seriously believe that a tribe modeled on an empire that faded is how they should play tribal wars.

littlebritain.gif

So sad.

The task has fallen on Donkey, as one of the near neighbours for Britan, on behalf of World 43, to remove Britan from this world before they try to dictate to you all that you are their mere mandates or protectorates or dominions or colonies.

Those members of Britan, seduced by the lure of ties to the monarchy and the calling on Commonwealth affiliation should open your eyes. In the real world you have all broken free, do so now in tribal wars and let your misguided leaders face their misguided fate.

Irish, be independent. Scots, seek home rule. Welsh, your druids and language await you. Canadians look to the maple leaf. Indian's, recall that they can't play cricket. Australian's remember that they can't play rugby. Singaporian's remember their distainful treatment. West Indian's think of their weather. For all, there is no reason for you to be suckered into a failed model of empire.

Those who wish to stay in Britan shall be expelled to play the .UK servers.

There, at least, they may find fellow travelers, but even there the enlightened modern English may need to teach these British Empire luddites a lesson or two.

We shall fight them on their beaches, we shall fight them in their fields, we shall fight them in their hills and streets and villages and, until they are banished to the .UK server, we shall never accept their surrender.

hubbert_peak_british_empire.jpg

(Posted at the request of the aristocracy of Donkey)

DeletedUser

Irish, be independent. Scots, seek home rule. Welsh, your druids and language await you. Canadians look to the maple leaf. Indian's, recall that they can't play cricket. Australian's remember that they can't play rugby. Singaporian's remember their distainful treatment. West Indian's think of their weather. For all, there is no reason for you to be suckered into a failed model of empire.
I hate how African countries are ignored :icon_cry:

On topic:
I could tell this was gonna happen sooner or later just by looking at the maps. Donkey should win this one with ease imo. So good luck, BritanF, in trying to stop them :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

As my mixed my feelings are about donkey, I hope you pwn.

And I know you will, I think this is more of a K clean up than anything.

DeletedUser

nice PnP..but a bit too dense on the attack on briton's profile IMO.
btw, what are the pictures of those two cool guys doing in briton? :D

i think there can be only one victor here..all it matters is for how ling briton family can hold off the inevitable. I would give them a week max.

DeletedUser

btw, what are the pictures of those two cool guys doing in briton? :D

Correct me if I am wrong, for I believe those two guys are from Little Britain? Ah I used to watch that show.
However, I am going to cheer for Britain because I live there. If they let me down, I will have to move countries. Again.

DeletedUser

Correct me if I am wrong, for I believe those two guys are from Little Britain? Ah I used to watch that show.
However, I am going to cheer for Britain because I live there. If they let me down, I will have to move countries. Again.

better start packing your bags than :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

now just behave yourself capacitor.... just because your enemy has decided to call themselves after britain (which they spelt wrong incidentally) doesn't mean you can go slag off the country its history and culture... if you can call Little Britain culture...

a better example of british humour might be found watching Monty Python, Not the Nine O' Clock news or even harry enfield's self righteous brothers

sy154o.jpg

Oi Capacitor... No!!!

ANd Conor... Ireland has never been > than britain :icon_wink:

btw... good luck to both sides

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Who won the war? Oh yes, we did.

Granted, took us 400 years. But still.

DeletedUser

what war are you talking about?

there's been loads of little wars between england an ireland.

DeletedUser

now just behave yourself capacitor.... just because your enemy has decided to call themselves after britain (which they spelt wrong incidentally) doesn't mean you can go slag off the country its history and culture... if you can call Little Britain culture...

But it would have been wrong to correct their spelling....

And we did acknowledge that there are enlightened people from the British Isles and Commonwealth.....

DeletedUser

to be fair, Ireland has been subjugated for long periods over the last 2000 years - english, scottish, norman. some of the things done to the irish over that time were pretty shameful.

i know you're a keen student of history and politics so you'll know that britain never really deployed the might of its army at the time of the war of irish independence - relying more on the RIC and a few mercs... like the tans. so was it a war? probably in the eyes of the irish... not so much to the english in that its not really covered that much in the history curriculum over here.

it certainly doesn't make ireland>england :icon_wink:

i want to make it clear that my standing up for my homeland should in no way be seen as an endorsement of britan... or whatever they're called

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

to be fair, Ireland has been subjugated for long periods over the last 2000 years - english, scottish, norman. some of the things done to the irish over that time were pretty shameful.

i know you're a keen student of history and politics so you'll know that britain never really deployed the might of its army at the time of the war of irish independence - relying more on the RIC and a few mercs... like the tans. so was it a war? probably in the eyes of the irish... not so much to the english in that its not really covered that much in the history curriculum over here.

it certainly doesn't make ireland>england :icon_wink:

i want to make it clear that my standing up for my homeland should in no way be seen as an endorsement of britan... or whatever they're called

I don't ever recall Ireland being invaded by the Scottish. Vikings..sure. Normans...sure. British..sure. (I guess you could also call the French / Spanish landings here an attempt at an invasion..but that was to free Ireland from Britain).

Ireland as a nation has been denied it's right to freedom over the past few millennia. We obtained our sovereignty from Britain in 1949 after using the Statue of Westminster (which was passed by the British government) against the British to dismantle the Treaty which bounded Ireland to the British Commonwealth. The British objected to this, even bringing it to the Privy Council, yet the Privy Council said that Ireland had in fact acted perfectly legally. So, that's #1 of Ireland outdoing Britain.

The Economic War is another example...when the Irish refused to pay Land Annuities to the British Government and the British hiked up taxes on Irish cattle. The Irish then responded in kind by jacking up taxes on coal. In the end, the Anglo Irish Agreement of 1938 (I think it was that year) again showed how brilliantly the Irish played their hand - not only did the Economic War end, but we got all the Treaty Ports back - which in turn allowed us to stay out of WW2 (and although Churchill attacked our refusal to enter after the war, I will always defend it). Another example of how the Irish outdid the British.

If we look back even at the 1916 Rising (Or as the British falsely claimed it to be..the Sinn Féin Rising), we see yet again how poorly the British handled the situation. They decided they'd execute the leaders, and a total of 15 were executed. The worst part - there were only 7 leaders. You (the British) executed some people just for being related to those who were in the Rising. You also executed someone who was already dying from gangrene, and was in a wheelchair - which is exactly what Padraig Pearse and the other leaders wanted. A "blood sacrifice", to get the world against the British, to inspire other Irishmen and Irishwomen to rise up against the tyranny that ruled them (and it worked). So yet again, the British fall for the Irish trick.

In the Irish War of Independence then..we again see how the British failed horribly in dealing with the situation and in fact just fall for every trap the Irish laid. The Squad assassinate 14 British spies, and the British drive into Croke Park and open fire on an innocent crowd. The IRA ambush Auxiliaries down in Cork and the British burn Cork city to the ground. All this eventually led to Canada and Australia (Dominions of the British Commonwealth) putting pressure of the British Government to solve the "Irish issue" peacefully, and De Valera managed to get support from the American government also - all of which led to the signing of the Anglo Irish Treaty of 1921 which made Ireland a dominion...so again, Ireland get's it's way and Britain does not. Again, another example of Ireland > Britain.

If we then look past the Civil War era (in Ireland, not Britain) we note the achievement of Cumann na nGaedheal (who played a major part) to obtain the Balfour agreement which stated that all Commonwealth countries were equal, despite the British not wanting this. Another example.

If we look through history...the only example I can actually see of Britain > Ireland is the actual invasion of Ireland. The Plantations of Munster and of Leinster were complete and utter failures. The Plantation of Ulster was (obviously) a success, but only after all the Irish leaders left the country (Flight of the Earls). The Cromwellian invasion was a success, I guess you could call it - but that invasian was the one that would lead to the majority of hatred and animosity that still exists between the two countries. Other than that, I really cannot think of anything to show that Britain > Ireland. So, you have a big army and can beat us into the ground, that's what bullies are like. Well done.

Now...what I said was actually in jest...but if you look through recent history..it is quite plain to see that the British were outmanoevered by the Irish on many an occassion.

If you look at the War of Independence again..you say the British relied on the RIC and a few "Mercs". Generally incorrect. The War of Independence started when a "Flying Column" (group in the IRA) attacked RIC barracks to get weapons...this action was repeated around the country and eventually the RIC were basically confined to large towns and cities. The British government then decided that they needed to be boosted, and as such brought in Black and Tans and Auxiliaries - about 10,000 of them....far more than a "few mercs".

I understand that it isn't really covered in your curriculum, but that could mainly be attributed to two things, in my eyes;

(i) Your education system isn't exactly known for being very thorough / superb
(ii) That period in British/Irish relations is a dark period in British history and a period many British people would rather forget

...The fact that your government was willing to negotiate with the Irish Government (Sinn Féin at the time) is proof enough that they recognised Sinn Féin as a legitimate party who had the mandate to rule the nation of Ireland. The fact that they were openly aggressive and engaged in armed combat with them, therefore, makes it a war, regardless of whether or not the British see it as such.

(I do agree though that the British did not deploy their full army. If they did, the IRA wouldn't have lasted, in the words of Michael Collins, "through the weekend" - hence why he willingly signed the Anglo Irish Treaty after the British threat (generally accepted to be a bluff) that if he did not sign, the army would become involved.)

DeletedUser

i'm not competing with that! i can't believe you sat there and typed it all (did you copy and paste it from wiki? you can tell me :icon_wink:)

just a couple of points... i said subjugated not invaded. in fact it was a kind of invasion when Robert the Bruce came over in 1315 and his brother edward was crowned king in 1316. As a country it has been invaded many times... not least by me a couple of years ago :icon_biggrin:

Secondly, the english educational system is extremely good - particularly our tertiary educational establishments... oxbridge, warwick, LSE etc. I think the reason we don't cover anglo-irish history more could well be the fact that its not a particularly honourable period in britains past.

now whats going on with this war???

Status
Not open for further replies.