DOTT, The Death March Begins.

trident64

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
They are dumping one player every day. Three today!
Three more corpses shuffled over the side of the sinking ship.
It's like the Raft of the Medusa. You'll be eating each other next.

View attachment 1503 CH]

As i said, we are in no way "dumping corpses". Blah blah blah im drunk, but Tiger, if you are going to try to lie about stuff an make assumptions about something you are clearly missing, at least try not to make the same wrong assumption twice after i've already corrected you once. I am not one for trash talk so like i said, man up and PM me in game, i'd be happy to have a friendly chat :D

DeletedUser117934

They are dumping one player every day. Three today!
Three more corpses shuffled over the side of the sinking ship.
It's like the Raft of the Medusa. You'll be eating each other next.

View attachment 1503 CH]

As Trident mentioned, we are not dumping corpses, these players are leaving of their own volition, only thing we could've done to prevent that is maybe have a stricter recruitment system.
If you are here just to trash talk us, I got my hands on a nice circular mail you sent out to your tribe concerning barb nobling should be banned within the tribe. And the very same day you turn around and noble a barb after you lose your villa's to me and peenuts ;)

DeletedUser61779

As i said, we are in no way "dumping corpses". Blah blah blah im drunk, but Tiger, if you are going to try to lie about stuff an make assumptions about something you are clearly missing, at least try not to make the same wrong assumption twice after i've already corrected you once. I am not one for trash talk so like i said, man up and PM me in game, i'd be happy to have a friendly chat :D

Here's the thing; the Raft of the Medusa is an image which clearly goes whoooosh.

So, let's try another. DIM now resembles a badly-run hospital. Fit and healthy players go in at the entrance, while round the back dead bodies are dumped in the skips, sometimes three at a time.

This doesn't reflect the work of the DIM doctors. Oh no! The doctors are in fact all recruited from Dott, and they are performing emergency lung, heart and upper bowel removal (without anaesthetic).

And that's why you are now in the business of dumping corpses rather than recruiting fresh faces.

Still, look on the bright side; if the Dott doctors are rummaging around inside your cavity they may whip out your spleen and put it in a jar. And I know we'd all benefit from that.

DeletedUser107359

I got my hands on a nice circular mail you sent out to your tribe concerning barb nobling should be banned within the tribe. And the very same day you turn around and noble a barb after you lose your villa's to me and peenuts.
Got to love a hypocrite.
No barb nobling. Now that's the way to run a game.

What they said
Wow that's colorful. And who/what is DIM? Diffuse Iris Melanoma?

DeletedUser61779

Trinity69 not here to answer for himself? Must be one of the penalties of being intenalled by your own tribe

DeletedUser107359

Trinity69 not here to answer for himself? Must be one of the penalties of being intenalled by your own tribe
Derogatory for Trident, lol. My comments and views are third party, separate from D.M. as I am not affiliated with the tribe.

Internalled? Seems again that is an opinion with a spin.

DeletedUser61779

Derogatory for Trident, lol. My comments and views are third party, separate from D.M. as I am not affiliated with the tribe.

Internalled? Seems again that is an opinion with a spin.

I don't know who you are; I don't know what you want. But what I do know is that the DIM ship has just this minute sunk.

Glug glug glug.

RIP Trinity69, and may God forgive him

DeletedUser61779

Not so much a war, more a kind of takeaway buffet.

A little bird tells me that DIM is going to reinvent itself, complete with a new acronym -- KFC.

Tribe in a bucket.

DeletedUser105906

Easy to be in the lead when you recruit the majority of a tribe. Go up 30 in caps --> recruit 300 in villages. I guess it's nothing if not efficient.

DeletedUser121584

tenor.gif

Where is trident now?

DrunkSquirrels

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Easy to be in the lead when you recruit the majority of a tribe. Go up 30 in caps --> recruit 300 in villages. I guess it's nothing if not efficient.
And the players recruited will now attack their former friends.
The game really has changed. Loyalty used to be a thing. Now, it doesn't matter who you once got support from, they are now just villages to win.
Because winning is all that matters to those people, I guess.
I will never understand how DOTT gets people to leave their tribe, join them then attack their former tribe.
People really have changed, I guess.
Winning at a silly internet game is more important than knowing you have integrity?

mdesjarl

I'm not sure if that is really applicable in this case. DM was such a mish-mash of different people that never really jelled into a cohesive squad. Sure loyalty is important, but that loyalty is usually based on trust. Trust has to be built and developed. DM was never able to do that.

DeAdMaX

xcyber:..Easy to be in the lead when you recruit the majority of a tribe. Go up 30 in caps --> recruit 300 in villages. I guess it's nothing if not efficient.

Fact: We recruited 9 players from a tribe of nearly 40.

We are just as happy fighting for the villages, but lets not forget Trident64 took his tribe to war with us over one single village from a player who clearly had no idea that nobling into both ours and VIK current core areas would cause them problems. He under estimated our capacity for war. Obviously the battle ended earlier than expected, but people should not belittle the vanquished enemy; These layers Lothlorienrogue, peenuts, JPBrutal all aquitted themselves with distinction and have had to be overlwhelmed by multiple waves of real attacks. Others players did well and several of those we recruited were the effective snipers, supporters and nukers for their tribe. Their own ops against us were well enough organised, but we have a decent system in place and blunted it. One of our players cut and run on the front and a couple of theirs did the same, resulting in easy takes at times. They quit after we attacked though not before with the exception of Sterban. The end often comes quickly and unexpectedly like this one. It should not surprise anyone as it happens a lot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do keep hearing the same arguments in the forums regarding tribes recruiting former players of other tribes. I have been in the game over 10 years and it has been standard practice to war a tribe; defeat them, and then take their best players to help you take the next tribe, and so on until only two tribes remain to duke it out. Along the way, former tribe-mates have always become casualties. This is not a new thing to the game, it is part and parcel of the game. This is also what the best armies have done throughout history (e.g the Romans). Yes, the game has changed and people may not apear quite so loyal; personally I feel that has more to do with the cost to play now than the integrity of the players. The worlds were a lot bigger before many were forced out due to this pay to play epidemic. Smaller worlds have forced teams of players and tribes to band together (so called hugging) more readily than would of happened in the early worlds; the Players who now spend to build, to survive against the pp monsters are not so inclined to die early for some fool of a Duke, who leads them to ruin for their own personal gain or, out of stupidity. Tribe changes are also more common, but all of these things are the game as it has evolved. This is part of the reason many people I know believe the game is dead after W100.

Todays startup favours the pre mades and family tribes early game, but a small cohesive and well led tribe can soon dominate a K and then the world. DOTT is not a pre made or a family tribe, it has been made from players already on the world and is being molded constantly into a tribe that will be competing for the world win alongside tribes that are using equally effective tactics. We have destroyed several family tribes and pre mades. Success breeds success and players want to be on the winning side, so I doubt the JUST. family or any of the top tribes have any problem with people wanting to join them. The trick is to recruit the players who are hungry for success and willing to be active, unselfish for the tribe and can stay the distance when the going gets tough. DOTT is achieving that as the game progresses. We may not win, but we will give other tribes a decent run.

As to the tactics, these have been in the game since the start of the TW worlds, we just appear to use them more effectively than most tribes. The players we merge enhance our team; some of the merges and other tribe creations have not been so useful or well bound, so they have failed. No tribe is perfect, we have issues and we deal with them. We have recruited players that have shown a lot of integrity in respect of their former tribes, but ultimately once you make the decision to join a tribe, you are expected to put it above all other interests. Why would a player whose Duke has quit, not want to ensure their own progression?

DrunkSquirls, I am a little sad by your comments about DOTT. You have had dealings with us in DOTT since the start; did we ever mislead you or not show integrity in our dealing with you, or your tribe. We helped save your tribe in the early stages of this world, we fought alongside your players to beat tribes that we were not even then at war with to help you. The hard truth is your own tribe was not active, strong enough or well enough led to fend for itself when faced with the likes of OBP. Even when it was clear your tribe was dying, we offered them places in our tribe, but you declined on their behalf. I respect that, but we were straight with you always, we told you that we considered the area our core area and anyone not with us was effectively going to be removed. Winning is important to us, it is a war game why would we want to lose, but don't say we have no integrity because you personally know its not true.

DeletedUser61779

Apparently, this defeat has been masterminded by Trinity69, as part of a grand strategic plan. At least according to him, and it was all for the benefit of his tribe members. Oh, and he's now going to be making policy in Dott.

trident64 Mar 09, 13:36
Yep, we merged into DOTT lol, and we'll be seeing you soon. My players are what are important to me, not a tribe name.