Dragu Times!

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
omg he asked @a.K.a elmoo about UI

im wet

He asked for a sober council member, which reduced selection a lot :p

Anyway, to make some more fun interviews, you can ask best OD players, importance of troops, best farmers, and their strategies, top ranked players, PP spending during this phase, some threats from the rim, some stuff that can help new players adapt faster, by reading what experienced players do

In addition, we probably have some interesring tribes here. I can talk about UI, how its made and funny history, Im 100% sure readers would love it

DeletedUser92119

Anyway, to make some more fun interviews, you can ask best OD players, importance of troops, best farmers, and their strategies, top ranked players, PP spending during this phase, some threats from the rim, some stuff that can help new players adapt faster, by reading what experienced players do

In addition, we probably have some interesring tribes here. I can talk about UI, how its made and funny history, Im 100% sure readers would love it

That's a great idea!!! I'm adding it to my list of things to write about next time :)

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Elmo for president

DeletedUser92119

Hello! And thank you for once again tuning into Dragu Times! We have a lot of updates to cover for you today!

It was suggested to me by many of our viewers that interviewing leadership can get repetitive, so we are changing things up in this episode!

First up, I have interviewed the top players in different categories to get their input on the importance of their particular field.

Get your overalls on because farmers are up first!

Interviewee-Slaying Out

Q: You are currently our top farmer in the world with an impressive 1.202.211 res farmed in a single day! Would you share your farming techniques with our viewers? What kind of runs do you have? Im assuming 1 lc? Are you constantly sending ramming runs to knock down farm's walls? Has militias been an issue for you? Or do you also send cat runs to knock down farms? What other tips can you give players on how to farm more effectively?
A: Sure, we got that our ''highscore'' right after the break. Most barbs were full of resources. So we timed all the farm attacks to land a few seconds after the break to secure the resources. After that it was your basic farming day. We microfarm obviously. We try to get the most out of our runs. It's important to shape the barbs. That's a given. For new players we would recommend to farm with small amounts of LC (1 unit for each barb in a wide range). If you notice that you don't get that much resources from your farm runs it might be better to switch to scavanging. Farming barbs requires a lot of activity. So if you're playing casual we recommend scavanging aswell. This is to prevent growth loss.

Now how about those attackers?

Interviewee: Revolutio

Q: You are currently our #1 ODA player with an impressive 132.901 units defeated while attacking. Looking at your tw stats, you targeted mostly isolated players with no tribe, presumably to limit the amount of support they could receive. My question to you is, how have you managed to defeat so many troops all on your own? Does this require a maxd out barracks and stable to accomplish? What would you say to the people who argue large amounts of ODA at this stage of the game works only to limit growth? Clearly that hasnt been a problem for you...
A: Achieving #1 ODA isn’t to difficult. I am an aggressive player and trigger happy. At the start of the world I maxed out barracks and stables . How? Just like many of the top players I did it with the help of pp and scavenging . I had a full nuke early in the game and started cleaning out my whole area fairly quick. I understand there are mixed feelings using pp, but we have to understand TW has changed and sadly it’s part of the game now. I use it to even out the playing field against the other pp users. The war against CN contributed to my ODA rising fairly quick. Fighting against Lord Berserk was a lot of fun which is where all that ODA came from. And is the reason I play TW, to play against the very best. The only way my growth has been “limited” is from using my troops for defending and attacking restricting my scavenging and farming. Granted, I don’t have time to farm as much like other players. I’m a really busy guy , my time is limited.

Didn't get the defender but thought id post this anyways

Interviewee: gameszsz

Q: You are currently our #1 ODD player in the world with an impressive 161.412 units defeated while defending. This is due to your war against -L-. Would you care to share with our viewers the importance of tribal coordination and support? Do you PP your walls up? Any tips for players wondering how to tag and handle multiple incomings at once? You have my word your answers will be for the forum only and will not be used against you in our war.
A: *Declined to answer*

Now where would we be without points and PP spending?

Interviewee:BobOnFire

Q: Q: You are our largest player in the world. You have an impressive 124.341 points between 22 villages, averaging out at 5652 points per village. It is no secret you have taken a bunch of low points barbs and pumped PP into them to grow them overnight. Some mock this strategy, but it is clearly working for you. Please share with the viewers your strategy, its perks and its drawbacks, and what you think it will do for you longterm. Do you think you will be ahead or behind the players who take their villages from other players? What is the importance of PP usage in this game? Can a player survive without it?
A: Good day Dragu nice hearing from you,
Well, there are a lot of hard/long answers for pretty easy questions. But I will try to answer most of them with a wall of text and then you can add how much of it as you want on your blog.
Your timing is once again bad, from this account’s perspective. We are currently minting and will within days have a double amount of villages, but yes for now we have 22 and have been standing still on this amount for some days.
First off, this is kind of a troll strategy that we call “bobing”, from bob the builder. It started up some years ago when you could buy mints for pp on .se, 100pp would give you one more noble limit. This was, of course, insane since it destroys so many parts of the game. There is no need for resources at all when you can just buy noble limit. To demonstrate how bad this was to the server I started to mass noble barbs and build them up. When I had 1,5 mil points the runner up had about 500k. And I had 0 oda. Soon after that the .se server took away this setting and it was all fine.
Since then innogames kept going down the rabbit whole though, adding more settings that changed how you play the game. Scavenging, all production bonuses etc.
Fast forwarding to w105 though. When I decide how I should start I check my neighborhood and the world settings. 1.0 unit speed and no paladin often opens up for a lc rush start but we had a bad luck with location. We started up between several tribe members and with no real targets to noble nearby. I also checked/wrote down barbs point growth and quickly realized that the growth rate on this server is kinda low. Knowing .net tactics, where heavy lc rush is usual we decided: not to farm but to scavenge.
Scavenge creates resources out of nothing while all nearby players have to share the production of barbs. If an active player, like myself, wont farm the little production that the barbarian villages give me then my tribe will get more. So, for the first village we went heavy scav and resource field rush, that tactic is a lot stronger when the paladin is active (giving you that extra 15% production) but I decided to go for that anyway.
Knowing that the holidays is coming up, we did not put a lot of resources at all on “non-income giving troops” like axes and swords, no danger was close to us anyway. I always kept calculating where I should keep pushing more spears and where I should go for next resource field using excel and “cost/production calculation”. Knowing that players can’t farm during the holidays we wanted to have villages with production bonus. Even if players went farm heavy there will be 5 days with no farm at all, 5 days where bonus villages production is giving you more ress than everything else. So, we rushed and got some of them before the holiday protection, giving us the best income on the server. After a while, when the account could afford it, we started building more non income troops. We still keep using scavenge as our main source of income instead of farming for the same reason stated above: the tribe benefit more from it. 100 barbs can only give you a certain amount of ress, and if many players share that amount then few will benefit. When I do proper premades I usually give players roles, player A go for scavenge, player B for pits, C for Lc rush giving the tribe as a whole more ress.
I kept nobling barbs mostly for the lolz but I also have a real calculation for this that would be too long to share. But mostly its about using the existing troops to bring you more income instead of killing them off on other targets.
I will most likely be top 10 for a while, but if I manage to survive until endgame I will (as always) quit when the last war is won. I have no real desire to be rank 1, I just go as fast as I can and fight for the tribe as long as I have to, when the world seems to be over I always gladly give away the top spot to another fighter within the tribe.
About the PP.
First off, I had a bunch of pp before this world started. I farmed several worlds for w100 and when that world was not a pp world I hade a shitload of pp just laying around for no good use. Also, when .se merged into .net we got all .se pp to .net as well. When w100 is more or less over and we are just nobling up the rest of the map I had a chance to start w105 and use that pp to invest in a good start here. I got most of the starting ress from the premium exchange and from there I just snowballed. I had an unlucky position with nobling but for pp my position was great. I was close to another continent and quickly took a village in k55 as well. Lucky for me k55 had high ress prices and k45 had low prices so I bought ress in k55, moved them over to k45 and sold in k45, giving me a lot of free pp. Later on we were lucky enough to get an event. Here we gained a lot of pp, we pped so we got several 5-15% ress packages used them and sold ress in the market. Later we used the pp to buy more packages in the event, which we sold on the pp market. Market at this time was about 120:1-170:1 and we had 6 villages with 400k storage. Just a single 10% package was about 720k resources in total, or about 4800pp.
We maxed out our pp at the end of the event, giving us a lot of good items. We had 0pp there for a while and sold ress until we had about 20k again. Now we spend pp and sell resources depending on prices in the Premium Exhange. Just today we are 5k+ on pp, because the premium exchange is still not maxed out.
So, to the question. To be with the top players in the start you gotta use pp, but I dislike the word “spend pp” because you are investing it, you will most likely get it back if you want it and use the right strategy. If you sit back and think for a while you can use the pp market to really benefit your growth. However, during midgame pp will loose most of its power. Most pp heavy players will stop growing here and the really good ones will start gaining momentum. For the endgame pp for growth is almost useless. You only use pp for walls, events and maybe fast pp a barbarian village within enemy cluster to give you a death star there.
But there is no need to spend money on pp if you are strategic and patient there are other ways, as listed above.

Now that we have heard from the top players in a few different categories, it's now storytime with UI!

Interviewee:a.K.a elmoo

"Now, I will make a break from tribalwars", I was thinking during the end of November. "I know that winter is coming, but sleeping 3h per day is not a good idea". But then, I got a message from a friend who was playing with me on the local croatian server. He said some guys were gathering, to play new w105. At first, didnt expect much, but after mentioning some names and players, I was like
fXCUz27.jpg

Before I said yes or no, I was already in a group chat. On the croatian server, we always had several group of players, that were making teams for the upcoming worlds. And those players, were always on the opposite sides, never playing together. But here, all of them were together. I was not sure if this would work, but for now, Im satisfied with the team.

We had so many funny moments there. Players were from Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Serbia, small countries, with the same languages. We often had RL meetings, drinking parties, even played football as a tribalwars community. One time, during our w31, we had a drinking party at my co's place. Someone from the enemy tribe found out that we will be drinking, and warned council about that. And guess what, in the middle of the night, we all got incomings, a lot of them. The results were terrible for us, but at the end, we had a great tribalwars party :)

Sometimes, both sides went too far, and broke rules, so administration was busy a lot (even Innogames central had to solve some problems, thats how bad it was). There is a story about one guy (Im not sure about this one, but on the Balkans, everything is possible), who knew where his enemy is living, and all the places where he goes. So, one day when the OP was about to happen, he went to those places to connect on wifi. He thought he might block enemy, with shared networks...

Also, there is another one, which happened to my friend. His professor was playing tribalwars, and they were teammates, but they didnt know that. He even failed that course first time, but later, when they found out their RL connection, guess what grade he got :) The funniest moment was their meeting in a bar. Imagine the face of my friend when he found out who was the guy from the tribe.

But the best part is that, the game brought all nations together (during early 90s, we had a war in the Balkans, and many people still live like the war happened last year, hate other nations, blame them for the war crimes and similar). For our tribalwars community, its not the case. While playing, we just forget all the differences that media is serving to us. Thank you, tribalwars!

There are many more things that happened, but I just mentioned several of them. Im really glad I met all those people, current and former tw players, and I hope its not the end. UI tribe was made from the blood, from the angry enemies, but that might be our advantage here, knowing each other very well. Looking forward to play some great wars here.

Good stuff! Now...this next piece is something you guys have been wanting for a while now. An interview with Echo.

Interviewee: Shortfuse

Q: The elusive Echo is finally allowing me to interview them! This is exciting times indeed. It is fair to say you are the externals favorite underdog. What do you think it is that people love so much? Is it the famous account names from previous worlds? Or are you just the mysterious bad boy people love to root for? What has caused you guys to stay silent until now?
A: Well to start off, hey there! I personally believe it's a mix of everything, why people love us. As you know, we have a lot of previous world winners and big names among us. That is however not really the crucial element of Echo, we all like the game we're playing, we do it good and have fun together while doing it! The main reason we have remained silent on externals is because we are confident in ourselves and don't require affirmation from others. Also by not drawing a lot attention, it is a lot easier to come out from the shadows and sweep everybody off their feet, element of the suprise. Which is precisely why we have this reputation. ;)

Q: You are rank 2 in k44. What do you think of your competition in your area? Do you have any allies and/or enemies yet?
A: Well there are quite a few smaller fairly well organized and skilled tribes that I have caught an eye for. Can't disclose said allies or enemies for obvious reasons. And then we also have the giant known as -L-. I'm going to be straightforward, I witnessed the war declaration against Hi all on externals and got excited to see a war. I have to say the results were disappointing considerig -L- + IDS is approx 460% bigger. -L- is and will be a strong contender for sure, will be interesting to see the outcome. However I have zero doubts that me and my tribe will win this continent.

Q: You recently merged -Slav- into your tribe. Some say this took away from the small tribe charm you had going for you. What was your reasoning for this change?
A: The merge with -Slav- was something that happened over time, we carried out an operation to test the teamwork to the test and it couldnt have gone better. Now we're all like a big family. Our reasoning for merging with these -Slav- members, is because they are good and solid players who I strongly believe they can help us facilitate a bright future.

Q: What do you think about your tribe's chances for winning this world?
A: It is too early in the world to tell where it's going, who knows if we're staying for the long run, as long as the world stays interesting you'll definitely see us around. More kind of living in the moment and it is very difficult to predict a world winner now but i'm sure the leaderboards will be completely different within 30-60 days

Q: What do you think about the competition we have on a global scale?
A: I as a swede am really glad to see a lot of scandinavians coming in from the merge and being high up on the leaderboards. Wonderful to see great skill and meet fantastic people from all over the world. To come together to play this game. I hope to see a lot of battles and there seems to already have been some emerging, thats when the real fun begins. Barb nobling might be an excellent strategy but extremely boring. I hope to see some other top players grow a pair and show us what they got. Or Shortfuse will ransack and sneak up your shack and steal yo stack as we attack.

Q: Anything you would like your adoring fans to know?
A: Everybody loves a good underdog story, so it's only fitting Echo is one and hopefully a successful one at that. If ya'll slack, you can't lead the pack as our great poet Ryan once said

Well there you have it! That's Echo's thoughts on the world thus far.

Now this next and final interview is with some crazy person. Not sure how he got on the list but here it is.

Interviewee:

Q: Hello! Welcome to Dragu Times. How are you?
A: Good! Thank you for having me! I'm a big fan of your show!

Q: Okay that's enough pleasantries. You are the leading tribe of k44. What do you think of your competition?
A: Well Echo is the clear competitor as they are both in the #2 spot and have a lot of famous account names from previous world winning tribes.

Q: Since you brought up Echo, what is your relationship to them?
A: Allow me to answer that in the form of a short story. Levi was playing on the playground when he saw Edward playing by himself with some cool glasses. Levi went up to Edward to see what he was up to.
Levi: "I like your glasses."
Edward: "Thanks.."
Levi: "Want to be friends?"
Edward: "Sure...just give me your lunch money and I'll be your friend."
Levi: "But...how will I eat?"
*silence*
Levi: "Yeeeah...i'm ganna go play with the other kids now."

The End

Q: So your war with Hi all. Many people expected it to be over by now given your point advantage. Why is it still going on?
A: The war with hi all was meant to eliminate one of the main threats in k44. There were two factors in dragging this fight out for as long as it has been going on. One of them we foresaw, the other we did not. If you look at the map L and IDS cover a large area over the southeast corner of k44, a bit of k45, and northern k54. Hi all, by contrast, is a small cluster of players very close together. They are able to support each other at a moments notice, while we are stuck sending 20+ hour clearing trains. We had to weigh the cost/benefit analysis of getting their high point villages against the lost farming time that Echo and other competitors were getting. That was the obvious drawback. What we didn't count on was every one of their members being a turtle. We stacked our frontline with them expecting a heavy counter attack to our initial first wave of attacks, and we did not see a single one. We literally could have had no defense at all and it wouldn't have changed the war dynamic one bit. We would attack them, they would defend, rinse and repeat. Don't get me wrong, we are still taking their members out one by one, and they have already started reforming their tribe on the rim, so we will win the war, it just took longer than everyone expected.

Q: Your tribe has been #1 in ODA since the very beginning of this world. Some argue this is foolish, as it wastes valuable farming troops that is essential in the early game. What was your strategy here?
A: It is because farming is so essential that we decided to attack a lot of players. You need to clear your 30x30 of any threats before you can enjoy nice and quiet farms. We had to do the heavy lifting while the other tribes in the area reaped the benefit of our labor. But I still stand by the decision, as it left us with a lot of good farms, strong players, and you can always build more troops.

Well there you have it folks, the leader of -L-

Now on to our k-by-k analysis

Since we were just talking about it first up is

k44
xaywox.jpg

K44 has been the k of merges, as of late.

-Slav- merged into Echo
Misery and Who? merged to form GOOD! and G00D!
GOOD Family then fell apart internally, and -L- was left to pick up the pieces of what remained of their former allies

What remained was L in the middle of their war with Hi all and down an ally, and Echo who had just been farming this whole time and who had just recruited a bunch of slav members to bolster their ranks. They also allied with TRIBE to make sure all their directions were covered. Given this, Echo decided it was time to challenge L for dominance of k44 and launched an impressive first wave of attacks. We will see shortly if Echo is worth all the hype, or if they are overrated.

-L- and IDS have a clear size advantage in this K, but they have been fighting nonstop since BP ended. However, they have yet to be attacked by virtually anyone, and thus still have all of their defense at full strength. It's their offense that has been used time and time again, so a war with them now will be a slow and boring one.

k45
nn0cwp.jpg

Kick is a very impressive tribe. They have an elite group of players who work well under their current leadership. They are clearly going to go far in this world. Their biggest competitors, Death, are leaving them alone for now so they have plenty of time to grow.

B@D@$$ waged war with CN, and won thoroughly. I feel bad as CN was one of the two tribes I said to watch out for. But more power to BA for winning so quickly. They could choose to move west into k44, or try to take on the giants of k45, or move north and carve out their own little corner up there. I will be very interested to see what they will do.

K54
33cp2ef.jpg

K54 has been by far the most peaceful k in the world. UI and 404 agreed to a nap early on and have stayed to themselves this whole time. But their nap was always scheduled to end late January, so that is when things will really pick up in this K.

K55
mhg8es.jpg

According to Blood/Gang, PTV broke their nap without warning and attacked them by surprise. I did not get confirmation on this from PTV leadership, as I was trying to stay away from leader interviews on this ep. Either way, PTV is the clear leader of this k. They have 100k points over L, who is the #2 spot in the world, and 300k points over Blood, their closest competitor in their area. All that....with only 31 members. This tribe grew overnight into one of the most powerful tribes in the world, and has become the #1 tribe by far. This tribe is clearly going to do some damage. Time will tell how far they will go. I will guess other tribes in neighboring Ks will have to band together if they want to take on this giant.

Our world
x5cwer.jpg

We have grown a bit, but the world is still very new. That wraps up this episode of Dragu Times. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bippe

Reaction score
According to Blood/Gang, PTV broke their nap without warning and attacked them by surprise.
This is not true. We had a nap that ended with the holiday break. No attacks were sent before the nap was over.

Anyways, good job Dragu. As per usual this was a very interesting read.

Lord BERSERK

Echo Vs -L- Family ... interesting war, fun to watch
hope to see the war updates and stats daily

good luck for the both of you

DeletedUser92119

Hey everyone, this will be my last post. Getting betrayed by your closest advisor and friend makes the game not as enjoyable, and games are meant to be fun not make you sad. Anyways, thank you for such an unbelievably amazing response to Dragu Times! I honestly did not know what to expect but I certainly did not think it would be so well received by the TW community. It brought me great joy to be your blogger :) Maybe I will start blogging about something else? Time will tell! I wish you all the best.
-Dragu

Slient.Assassin

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hey everyone, this will be my last post. Getting betrayed by your closest advisor and friend makes the game not as enjoyable, and games are meant to be fun not make you sad. Anyways, thank you for such an unbelievably amazing response to Dragu Times! I honestly did not know what to expect but I certainly did not think it would be so well received by the TW community. It brought me great joy to be your blogger :) Maybe I will start blogging about something else? Time will tell! I wish you all the best.
-Dragu

Much love and enjoyed reading your posts Spence! Be good.