DSY4, some clarity at last.

DeletedUser

Foreword
Before I begin or perhaps, more accurately, continue; you should know that this is a very selfish post on my behalf. It'll be long, and I have no interest in shortening it for the tl;dr trolls.
The truth is, I quit tribal wars some time ago, this being my last world, I stuck around the forums and continued to troll mostly DSY4s enemies. I couldn't explain why I was still here, picking fights I can't see through in game. Circumstances are, I'll never be able to return; which on the one hand is a good thing seeing as the play itself can be so poisonous, while on the other hand I'll miss the unique sense of community that could possibly only be found through such a poisonous game.

Anyway, none of that is important. I'm writing now because I'm angry. I've been taking it out on Smoke, and anyone who would argue with me really, but I'm angry at myself and I'm angry at DSY4.
This is the part where if you don't like history, or the point of view of a lone player opening up, this is the point of the post where I tell you to leave, because I'm going to explain why I'm angry so that I can finally drop it. Guess I'm a ghost of tws.

My recruitment
I entered the fold, as part of the premade, but not truly part of the premade. The tribe itself was already formed from a group of friends brought together by the indisputable trio now leading once more. I was one of three, I believe, to correctly decipher a cryptic premade thread and passing the interview that followed before being informed of the tribe, and who I was even talking to. In short, I entered a tried and true tribe through luck of knowing a good song and my total honesty with someone I didn't know.

I was thrilled as I entered the fold. So many great players I had wanted to play with, all conveniently wrapped into what would probably be my last world anyway. A great energy in the chat leading up to landing, and an authoritative and deliberated tribal plan executed by leadership to ensure a subtle but effective beginning to the world.

Before full admittance, every player must sign their name to an agreement, a list of rules and promises you make to the tribe in how you should act and exist as a member of DSY4, what is left out of the agreement is the leadership's promise to you.

The beginning
I think the key to DSY4 start up success was not on the merit of each individual player. It was the ability of Leadership to foresee problems before anyone else did, and Leaderships ability to move defense easily and without argument to where it was needed with impressive efficiency.
As we grew, leadership always had a clear view of the world and which way they wished to progress. They picked out a target, readied the front and declared war, and DSY4 tore through each war as it came. Though no war was ever at my front. Their was no offensive focus on my location. No clear path for myself and those around me to take. We were becoming clustered, and direction was becoming an issue. We were banned from nobling to the west.

My respect goes out to Repinski here, who had the foresight to attempt to preempt a problem before anyone else considered it. He suggested a nobling route for a cluster of us fast becoming a danger to each other, with DSY4 to our backs and a ban to our west, only north an option. Unfortunately, he could only suggest. Leadership's official stand on the growing situations was that they did not wish to tell their players where they could noble. Only, they had already told me I could not noble west.

Claustrophobic
I tried to talk to my neighbours, pointing out the problems that Repinski had foreseen, and attempted to use his suggestion as a guide to ensure we all had a chance to grow side by side for the common good. Agreements were made and consecutively broken, while leadership focused their attention on their...I guess successful... players, on the front line, fighting wars declared and fought 2 continents away. I was trapped. DSY4 east and South, a ban on the west for the foreseeable future (it became bAd territory on the run up to my quitting) and not much ground for the 5 of us who would have to noble directly north.

I always felt free to communicate questions and issues to leadership, but as the world progressed, I consistently had a feeling that whenever I did raise an issue with leaderhip, they would only shut me down, rather than adress my worries. Hell, it was in the agreement we signed not to take on bashers, and yet players were recruiting them with little response from leadership. Repinski became my source on advice for proceeding, on direction and action.
Though I still had to check plans with leadership.

I found a barb, academy ready, on the axis point to 4 Ks; my home k, north, west and north west. Academy ready, it would have been a convenient jumping point to begin work into the western K. I submitted my request to noble a barb to leadership, who refused on the basis of another player wishing to jump to the North western k, an area I had no interest in. Ignoring the fact that my tribemate never followed through on that plan, my leadership who had repeatedly refused to attempt some damage control on a very tight area fast becoming clustered with players who weren't allowed to expand naturally, were once again telling me were I could, and more specifically couldn't noble.

A solution?
Finally, some weeks after Repinski's advice is ignore, Leaderhip open the opportunity for tribe to noble a barb on the rim, a location chosen by leadership for each player, and a week noble travel for me while still struggling out of start up. Lacking the defense to hold such a location while I consistently responded to defensive operations to players being provided with targets, being provided with war.

I understand that blame falls to me, also. I should have taken a more aggressive nobling attitude with regards to my tribemates. I shouldn't have given up trying to communicate where I was struggling to leadership.
You can tell me I should have been a better player.
At the end of the day, I wasn't good enough for DSY4, and following a recent talk with Googly, it became clear to me that I was never a good fit for that tribe I was so excited to be recruited to.

Quitting
Leadership was planning for a big war. I had finally found a decent target in the west, that myself and some tribemates were gearing up to fight. Though it would only be a skirmish, I couldn't risk leaving those who would receive the brunt of retaliation without tribal defense, and so I submitted a list of villages to be considered for tribal stacking. That I must wait for defensive preparation on the war front to be completed before my request is addressed with left over defense.

I was hopeful, finally a chance to begin coordinating with tribemates, to move forward into an area and to break away from the condensed trap my comrades and I were suffering.

This is where the story turns sour. I've said before I'm one of the players Jimmy hates. My arguments, concerns, struggles were used against me. Leadership posted a poll asking for players opinions on how they felt the world was progressing. I answered truthfully, that I was happy and thrilled to be led by such great players, but had been struggling quite a bit through start up with the repeated rejection on where I could noble because leadership didn't want to tell other players not to noble. In other words leadership didn't want to issue orders that the tribe couldn't noble freely, just myself. Or so it felt.

I was the only one who spoke up, and so I got slaughtered by my tribemates who began to post that such suggestions that players might be unhappy were preposterous, that they were fueled with targets on the war front and received plenty of support from leadership.

The truth of it was, Hybrid, Googly and Foc had decided to quit before the discussion took it's course, before they even posted it, and so an hour later, they announced their retirement.

I was gutted.

The wake
The tribe was reeling. Fingers pointed, players blamed. Threats of a mass quitting.
The war preparation was put on hold for a week while new leadership tried to get the tribe together. My plans postponed also.

There isn't too much more to this sob story...not long after, while I tried to stick in and continue to hobble along for the tribe, real life called and I had to quit. The problem solved in the most simplest of ways. I removed myself from the equation.

Angry
I understand this is a very long post, I doubt many or even any of you have read it. That is not important. It was for me to air my thoughts and work through my anger as words can so wonderfully do.

I have realised I am directing my anger towards Smoke, probably unfairly and so I apologise for that, though I won't say it hasn't been fun.
I was angry at myself, for not being able to survive DSY4. For not being good enough for them.
I was angry at Foc, Hybrid and Googly for shutting me down repeatedly, for not being able to help me and just when I needed stability the most, just when they were in a position to help me expand; they quit.

I was angry and upset that my chances to play with these great players had been stolen, and that it was probably my fault, but most of all I'm angry that they returned to play.
They're leading DSY4 again, and I can't be a part of that. Even if I was able to play, I couldn't be a part of that because I'm not a good fit for the best tribe I've ever been a member of.

Maybe like all spirits I can be put to rest, leave the forum, and this post to be trolled by you all. Strangers who don't know me. Who don't care. I have more important things to worry about, that I should worry about.

To Googly, Hybrid and Foc. Ultimately, you are great, and I am sorry. You will win this world.
To my former tribemates, it was an amazing experience, you all work so hard, and so persistently. With the trust placed in leadership and your unwavering support of each other you will triumph all adversity and deserve the win you have coming to you.

I wish you the best of luck in this world and all that come later.

I'm sorry for a long post that probably won't be read, that is taking up space on your tumbleweed-filled forum, but every player posts a goodbye thread and this is mine. So you will have to live with it, or just ignore it. Not everything needs to be about you.

I'm out.
~Q :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser112521

Hi Ger,

Your perspective on your personal history of World 70 is your own, and as such there is no need for DSy4 leadership or members to come here and discuss history that is now months past.

As you said, this is a leaving thread - perhaps a little overdue as you haven't been playing in World 70 for a long while now, but a leaving thread nonetheless. There is no need for any argument to take place on such a thread.

Best of luck to you should you choose to play more worlds in the future. You were a delight to have in DSy4 throughout our opening stages as a tribe, and were always a considerate and civil person when you spoke with the leading dukes.

All the best,

Cryptic Turnip

Michael Wittman

screw smoke. greed loses every time. the people will fight on

Snoopzy

screw smoke. greed loses every time. the people will fight on

What an odd notion. Perhaps I misread the stats but TFC (or CDC, whatever) are not (to date) winning against Smoke...Wait, look at that! I am beating TFC in war stats by myself!! :icon_eek:
I would prefer not to point out the stats but if you want to victimize Smoke and Pin false statements then I'm afraid I must get involved.

Last edited:

Repinski

I was angry and upset that my chances to play with these great players had been stolen, and that it was probably my fault, but most of all I'm angry that they returned to play.
They're leading DSY4 again, and I can't be a part of that.

While the circumstances are different, the feeling is exactly the same and I fully understand this sentiment Ger. Really. I'm sorry I was unable to do more for you in your area as a baron before being pushed out of leadership the first time. I'm sorry I wasn't returned to leadership after the trio leaving before you ultimately had to quit to help you in your area.

With you having spoken to Googly I won't go into details on why I went from duke to gone and unwilling to return under them as I suspect you already know. I just want to make sure you know I regret not being able to do more for you and the others in that bottle necked cluster from hell.

As always, you know how to get a hold of me. I still use skype despite not playing TW due to using it for more than just TW. Don't be a stranger mate and I wish you the best. Hell tell your wife I said hello. :icon_wink:

Michael Wittman

What an odd notion. Perhaps I misread the stats but TFC (or CDC, whatever) are not (to date) winning against Smoke...Wait, look at that! I am beating TFC in war stats by myself!! :icon_eek:
I would prefer not to point out the stats but if you want to victimize Smoke and Pin false statements then I'm afraid I must get involved.

rofl, this is going to be fun. you guys are funny

Snoopzy

You hint that something is imminent.

I look forward to the CDC - Snoopzy merger ;)

Michael Wittman

You hint that something is imminent.

I look forward to the CDC - Snoopzy merger ;)

rofl there is difference. you always hint somthing is imminent but only so people surrender without fighting. i am hinting imminent because we will steamroll over you non fighting cowards

DeletedUser59417

This topic started as educational and was interesting to read. Then it got hacked by a troll and turned into smoke vs tfc flame war. #facepalm

DeletedUser113861

Yeah. For god sake, I'm in LT and at war with smoke... But to me it's just a game. There needs to be better sportsmanship from some of you