DSy4 VS Ronin

DeletedUser

Gosh the English language is so complicated isn't it? So let's see if I understand this correctly:

If one tribe recruits members from another tribe it's called "recruiting refugees" because these same members were already under attack.

And then if another, really special tribe from the deep south recruits members from another tribe it's called "developing a relationship" because these same members were already under attack.

Oh the subtle nuance of it all...

DeletedUser84494

Your trolling skills leaves much to be desired.

When two tribes are amiable toward one another and are keeping up appearances of honesty, integrity, and loyalty, then when they recruit refugees it is, by tradition, an act of war. Very few tribes look at this and go "That's swell, keep on keeping on." unless they a) have their face buried so far up the other tribe that they can't see what they are doing or b) are frightened of the outcome should the other tribe hold their ground and insist they are keeping what they took.

In times of war, it's still taking in refugees, but it's fairly obvious that the warring sides aren't exactly concerned about the other threatening to attack if the individual is recruited. At that point formalities are gone: the facade has been lifted. Both sides know they are fighting one another and, as long as they keep it civil, the sky's the limit.

This is why it is considered ok to noble within another tribe's territory when at war, but not during times of peace. This is why it is ok to attack other players during a time of war, but considered an act of aggression during peace talks.

Not only is the English language a marvel, but social decorum has an array of nuances that are considered good to know.

As such: when a tribe discusses working together, takes in players you are warring during those talks, offers a hollow apology and does it a few more times, then it is considered recruiting refugees from another's war and an act of aggression.

When the opposing tribe decides the enemy of my enemy is my friend, pulls a 180, works together with your enemy, and begins sniping trains to slow you down, then recruits from those enemies as relationships are forged, it's considered a common tactic in war.

I sincerely hope that this little Tribal Wars 101 has provided some insight in what can appear to be a double-standard to those unfamiliar with how things sometimes work in the game.

DeletedUser

Fantastic. Thanks for the lesson. I can now go back to taking caps from your refugees, sorry, sorry, relationships. Gosh, so much to learn.

DeletedUser

When two tribes are amiable toward one another and are keeping up appearances of honesty, integrity, and loyalty, then when they recruit refugees it is, by tradition, an act of war. Very few tribes look at this and go "That's swell, keep on keeping on." unless they a) have their face buried so far up the other tribe that they can't see what they are doing or b) are frightened of the outcome should the other tribe hold their ground and insist they are keeping what they took.

Sry, its me again, but why didnt you declare back then, when it happened? Why did you keep pushing us to declare eventually? I can only think of 2 reasons, both of which you mentioned above :)

DeletedUser110690

Bit controversial! Have you hung your boots up, or still lurking on other worlds? :p

Hey googly :) Good to see you're still around... I haven't touched the game since I left sidd, just can't help stopping in to see how my favorite tribe is doing occasionally :D And sounds like I wasn't too far off in that prediction... :S Wish I was there to help out.

DeletedUser84494

Goodness, Camel, we need to stop meeting like this; people will begin to talk.

Unfortunately both of my reasonings fall short of explaining why Ronin did not declare on DSy4.

To begin with, a declaration would have been foolish. We stated we were going to take the northwest and I don't like being distracted from the task at hand. Had we declared, it would have been a handful of players against your core: it would have been a symbolic declaration, at best, and would have still felt hollow.

At that time (or close to it) NWO and Ronin were still plotting against one another. Both were trying to find a way to one-up the other and make sure they were eliminated from the area. As such, it was pointless to turn our back on them and look at a section of the map that doesn't concern us.

You were unable to noble past the equator. That means it wouldn't have been a war, simply a skirmish up north. There is no point in being bogged down in something that cannot be properly finished.

And, in the end, I left it up to DSy4 to decide whether their refugees were worth a war. They obviously were not for the longest time, because we were able to continue hitting them for a couple of weeks while they were "ordered" to stay on the defense and not retaliate. The break down came when Miles' integrity was questioned during talks.

At which point DSy4 woke up to discover they were suddenly at war.

I severely doubt anyone can say that we did not declare because we were too busy fawning over DSy4 or because we were too frightened to upset them. We would not have been clawing at your new recruits were either the case.

We maintained our war despite the change in banner and I had informed DSy4 that this would happen before they recruited anyone. They either didn't care or didn't think I was serious.

DSy4 asked for this war, which leads me to believe that they wanted it. So I'm surprised at them not simply admitting to that and just letting it go. We're happy to fight and, quite frankly, no excuse beyond "Eh, we can" would have been needed.

All of the moral high ground nonsense has been a bit unnecessary.

DeletedUser

Goodness, Camel, we need to stop meeting like this; people will begin to talk.

Ye, I think its best, if I stop posting. Not sure, what I hate more - writing texts when drunk or when sober. Either way, I got a few incoming nobles, that I need to take care of, so I better do that :) And, in addition, that way I wont annoy you any longer :)

Peace out y'all

DeletedUser94483

To be or not to be...Is NOT the question in this case...the question the Unassuming Peasant wants to know is...how freely does the blood flow today?

Why's and what fors are not really important at this stage...war HAS been declared reasons given...this is page 3 of the war pnp and we are still discussing WHY and WHO not WHAT and WHERE?

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'd rather not fight... Can't we all just talk things out on here? (or argue) I just wana keep playing SIM City with my villages...

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
infect's strategy is not that different from SIm City :p ofcourse apart from the cheating part

DeletedUser

infect's strategy is not that different from SIm City :p ofcourse apart from the cheating part

Sidd.....are you really one of the leaders of DSY?

Just saying....in all my years of running, being a part of, or having to work with other top tribes, ive never seen a top tribe like DSY be led by someone who appears to know nothing about how to lead a successful tribe

Your comment is typically received by "leaders" of tribes that are about 40th place at this stage of the game

Please start understanding the game, the politics, leverage, and everything else that makes this game great and stop being naive and immature

There was no cheating whatsoever. It was a NAP. NAPs are almost never honored. If you dont like the outcome, then you should have worked hard to create an alliance....

its on you and your leaders for the position DSY is in. You gave Infect too much leverage, and well, we took it....

DeletedUser113861

It's not the first time i've seen you condescend to people you know nothing about

DeletedUser

fair or unfair, im simply just going off of all the comments i have seen

almost a week into the war, and Sidd is still whining. What he should do instead is have his tribe grow a pair and participate in the war. trsut me, ive cleared plenty of nukes. I SHOULD NOT be clearing them.....they should be used against us

but instead all i see is Sidd crying saying "unfair unfair cheaters!"

lol

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
not sure why an"experienced ,super elite player" keep on replying to a silly ,rank 40th tribe member like me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Sidd is an excellent player, no doubt. He just has been kept in the dark for way too long. This is not the first time Sidd has been left in the dark.

Back when DSY4 broke its nap and gave me 24 hours (officially.. but i saw attacks coming in within 10 hours), Sidd still had no idea that I was being attacked. His knowledge of what was going on and what was actually going on were totally off. I remembered I warned Sidd that if my core was to go, infect and dsy4 would be side to side with nothing left to eat. What Tollx says makes sense. Any decent tribe would break an nap if its villages were right beside the real contender of the game. KNOWING THAT DSY4 is waging a full war in the west, which tribe could be so stupid to say "lets wait for them to finish and be civil. Lets play fair..."?