Ducks Disbanded?

DeletedUser

Does anybody have any information on what has happened? My tribal skype is going mental with strange ideas, and Id like to put some fact into place.

DeletedUser

well they were in a position to be giving my tribe a spanking. The real rockandrolla has got on his profile that the account is set to be deleted...

DeletedUser

I'm not exactly sure why, but a tribe with 15 members, only 5 of which had more than 10 villages... Is there any point in keeping it around?

DeletedUser

I'm not exactly sure why, but a tribe with 15 members, only 5 of which had more than 10 villages... Is there any point in keeping it around?

You clearly do not know the awesome power a well-organized and diplomatically smart, 'small-elite' tribe has, do you?

DeletedUser

Hmmmm..... me waits to watch RIM! start recruiting players in K44. Oh wait...

RIVER... start recruiting K44...!!!!

/me hides

DeletedUser

Come on faaaaaark. We all know you like the invite button more.

DeletedUser

Hmmmm..... me waits to watch RIM! start recruiting players in K44. Oh wait...

RIVER... start recruiting K44...!!!!

/me hides

From a tribe that have merged/recruited whatever breath in south, the above statement is at least hypocrisy.

DeletedUser

From a tribe that have merged/recruited whatever breath in south, the above statement is at least hypocrisy.

So a tribe is not allowed to recruit after a world begins? What, the starting members of a tribe are all that can encompass it for the entire duration of the world? Or is there some sort of timelock before recruiting new members?

Interesting.

DeletedUser

There is a huge difference my friend to recruit a few players as you move on from to merge whatever breath as i said.
I have lost counting how many tribes/entire groups of people COMING have recruited so far.

But again i did not comment that, but the statement of one of their council members about RIM! recruitment.
At least RIM! have proved they are way more selective and stable to their recruitment and bottom line IF they recruit none can blame them.
On the other hand COMING as i pointed above recruit whole tribes, or groups daily almost, so they are the last to comment the recruitment of RIM! or of any other decent tribe.

My 2 cents.

DeletedUser

There is a huge difference my friend to recruit a few players as you move on from to merge whatever breath as i said.
I have lost counting how many tribes/entire groups of people COMING have recruited so far.

But again i did not comment that, but the statement of one of their council members about RIM! recruitment.
At least RIM! have proved they are way more selective and stable to their recruitment and bottom line IF they recruit none can blame them.
On the other hand COMING as i pointed above recruit whole tribes, or groups daily almost, so they are the last to comment the recruitment of RIM! or of any other decent tribe.

My 2 cents.

At first glance, it does appear as if COMING is just simply mass recruiting, but the thing to remember is there are a lot of people leaving their tribe aswell. What this means (yes I will spell it out, just for you), is that they are holding their members to a certain criteria, whether it be skill, growth (ie activity) or cohesion amongst the tribe.

Now, if COMING had 150 members (I know its not possible, its just an example) and that many or more invites, I would say that indeed they are mass recruiting everything in sight.

However any decent leader realizes the best way to gain territory is to recruit members further and further away from the tribe. This doesn't mean a tribe should emply a recruitment only tactic of expansion, heavens no, we all know where that goes. What it does mean though is that at this stage of the game it does not make sense to launch large scale operations from one side of the tribe to the other side of the tribe, simply for the sake of expansion. This is the time when players should be growing and securing their local positions, and the tribe itself should be securing its main continent(s) (this does include recruiting outside of its main continent(s) and securing its borders).

Now, are you suggesting that COMING should stop all expansion recruitment and focus solely on K55 until they have that continent completely secured before even daring to recruit in continents? I mean really.

In any case, the point is moot. Clearly you are a player (or leader? - I've been out of the loop half of the posters these days I don't even recognize) who believes that tribes must retain a professional elite recruiting, conquering and ODA stat in order for it to be successful. Which is just so not the case of what any competent leader / player thinks.

Finally, you took his post completely out of context, it was a joke and nothing more, get over yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Guys, faaaaark was only joking, no need to start flame fest over a joke who recruits who, COMING already has 2(?) threads about recruitment, don't derail this one too, cause some of us wants to read something else other than COMING's 'problems', better add something worth to the topic.

Sooo, why Ducks disbanded, what their players gonna do now ? :icon_eek:

@AnOldWiseOne - you beat me about joke part :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hehe, what can I say? I'm smooth like that. :icon_cool:

And most of the Ducks players it appears, have created the tribe Kama, or Karma, or something. I dunno.

DeletedUser

Guys, faaaaark was only joking, no need to start flame fest over a joke who recruits who, COMING already has 2(?) threads about recruitment, don't derail this one too, cause some of us wants to read something else other than COMING's 'problems', better add something worth to the topic.

Sooo, why Ducks disbanded, what their players gonna do now ? :icon_eek:

@AnOldWiseOne - you beat me about joke part :D
I'd had a few to drink last night and was having some fun on the externals... At least someone knows when I am joking.... :)

(Hi Muncius, hope all is well in your neck of the woods).

On topic: I actually would like to know why Ducks disbanded. They looked like a strong little 'Axte' tribe (ala W51).

DeletedUser

Thanks, yep more or less ;p, i see you didn't lost your charm to make people want to flame you after each post you make, regardless if it's joke or not :D

DeletedUser93260

I'd had a few to drink last night and was having some fun on the externals... At least someone knows when I am joking.... :)

On topic: I actually would like to know why Ducks disbanded. They looked like a strong little 'Axte' tribe (ala W51).

I prefer to compare them to Light in 43, a small tribe that had a large impact on how the world will end.

DeletedUser

To start off, I realize faaaaark was joking. My post has nothing to do with his. In addition, I'm not accusing your tribe of anything, simply analyzing your post. Please read it in its entirety before anyone gets insulted (It's sad that I feel this disclaimer is needed...)

At first glance, it does appear as if COMING is just simply mass recruiting, but the thing to remember is there are a lot of people leaving their tribe aswell. What this means (yes I will spell it out, just for you), is that they are holding their members to a certain criteria, whether it be skill, growth (ie activity) or cohesion amongst the tribe.

Your analysis seems somewhat backwards to me. I personally would take your first sentence completely different than your interpretation. Saying that players are coming as well as going seems to me like a revolving door policy, which is typically indicative of mass recruiting. I interpret high joining rates as a lack of recruitment policy, not holding members to a certain criteria. Your tribe has 260 tribe changes, whereas RIM!, Rogues and DSL have 120, 165 and 150, respectively. This does put you in a spotlight for criticism.

Regarding the leaving rate, I do agree it could be seen as holding people to a certain criteria. No one can know which members will be 100% active or skilled, or at least capable of/willing to learn. So some members clearly will be dismissed once they are found to be inactive/noobs. However, the combo of joining/leaving can also be interpreted to be a method of easy expansion. I've seen recruitment policies similar to your stats, in which the players are: a) recruited, b) found to be inactive/unskilled c) dismissed and then nobled easily once they no longer are in a tribe. I have seen it plenty of times as a way of easy expansion.

Am I accusing you of this? No. I'm simply analyzing your information in a different light.
However any decent leader realizes the best way to gain territory is to recruit members further and further away from the tribe. This doesn't mean a tribe should emply a recruitment only tactic of expansion, heavens no, we all know where that goes. What it does mean though is that at this stage of the game it does not make sense to launch large scale operations from one side of the tribe to the other side of the tribe, simply for the sake of expansion. This is the time when players should be growing and securing their local positions, and the tribe itself should be securing its main continent(s) (this does include recruiting outside of its main continent(s) and securing its borders).

True, no tribe should recruit from the center of their tribe or surround their active members with new recruits. That breeds inactivity and tribal failure. Yes, you need to recruit to secure your borders. On the other hand, recruiting further away is a great way of pissing off other tribes. Most tribes (excluding the terrified noobs) will retaliate in regards to certain recruitment. I believe your tribe is currently experiencing that retaliation at the moment. It's a great way to make enemies and piss multiple tribes off at once. While that can be fun to start some wars and enjoyable conflicts, with a revolving door recruitment policy you'll always end up with several weak links, which always contribute to negative PnP on the forums, which (admittedly or not) has a negative impact on tribal moral.

I don't actually believe COMING are mass recruiters or anything of the sort. Again, simply a different interpretation of your comments.