Rejected by Developer Dynamic Report Folders

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Think Twice.

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I propose an idea that would allow you to automatically move a type of report to a folder of choice.

I am flooded with trade reports, because I am constantly balancing my resources. I am sure others have the same issue. I would like to be able to automatically have my trade reports forwarded to a trade folder.

This could be set up like Dynamic Groups. If it is trade report, it is automatically put in a Trade folder. If it is an attack it is automatically put in an attack folder. If it is support report it goes to respective folder, etc. We would have options for our Dynamic Folders just like we do for our village groups.

This is a rough draft idea, but I am sure In-Game Staff could perfect this.

Curious George

Reaction score
I like the idea of dynamic report folders, in the meantime if you're not interested in receiving trade reports just set the filter to not show deliveries between your villages.

seroxy5

Reaction score
I'm struggling to see how this is really different from the current set up. If you don't want to see your trade reports, you can disable them with the filter. Otherwise you can use the tags to the left or folders on the top. If you want your "all" folder to be clean in the "all" tag, just filter trade reports with the trade tag, mark all of them and move to another folder. I don't think it's that difficult as it is right now so I don't see a reason to improve this unfortunately.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm struggling to see how this is really different from the current set up. If you don't want to see your trade reports, you can disable them with the filter. Otherwise you can use the tags to the left or folders on the top. If you want your "all" folder to be clean in the "all" tag, just filter trade reports with the trade tag, mark all of them and move to another folder. I don't think it's that difficult as it is right now so I don't see a reason to improve this unfortunately.

It is different because this doesn't 'delete' reports, it automatically moves them into a specific folder based on your dynamic settings. Which could have huge time-saving implications...

1) Reports sent from a specific group (eg Off), to a folder
2) Reports with a specific keyword (eg 'fake'), to a folder
3) Reports you wish to keep (eg Awards) to a folder
4) Reports on a specific player to a folder
5) Reports with a certain number of troops attacking / defending etc to a folder

All of these will allow accounts, especially as they get bigger, to manage time more efficiently as sorting reports during wars can be a nightmare.

Think Twice.

Still Going Strong
Reaction score

Yes, Like Googly said. I don't want the reports deleted. I just spend a lot of time moving them into forums. I think it would be nice if we can have them automatically moved into these folders. Just like when I build a nobleman in a village it automatically groups it into my nobleman group.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'm slightly irritated that no-one thought of this sooner, one of the most irritating things when you don't see a scout report cause it's buried under 400 scav reports that you timed to expire at the same time + 200 trades from balancing. Could definitely do with at least a Scavenging folder like we do with loot assistant, and a trade one.

H

hermitty

Reaction score
I am almost obsessive about moving reports to other folders I hate a junked up Inbox. It would love you guys/girls forever if all those red fake reports could go into their on folder.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
This isn't quite what you asked for, but it might make things a bit more bearable until this actually becomes a feature

Code:
 javascript: 
var categories = ["Scavenging", "Trading", "Scouts", "Achievements","Forwarded","Misc"]; $.getScript('https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pwjg6uozft3vnes/ReportSorter.js');

You can add extra categories incase you use an attack renamer/incoming tagger. If you make sure the casing is the exact same, it will sort the reports accordingly.

For example, if your renamer calls your nukes 'NuKe', add a category called 'NuKe' at the end after "Misc".

Reaction score
Could this also be done with Mails? Like rules in Outlook. If it's from a certain player or a certain tribe it can be set to auto sort to that folder.

Could even setup so that it looks for keywords in the mail like "support" and puts it in to an Urgent Folder for example.

I don't know if I should make a separate topic for this or even if this is the right place to put this. But this idea made me think of that.