End Game Reflections: With A Slice of Mud Cake

-Fac-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents,

I've been twittering on about writing a post like this for some time and with Uni going back on Monday it seems like I'm fast running out of time to do this post justice. I'm gonna do some niceties and give people some congratulations, then I think we can get on and pour some tea :rolleyes:

GGs and Niceties

Firstly I wanna say a big GG to everyone that played, in particular all of T. It sucks to come so close to a win against a tribe that you're fairly evenly matched with and come up short. Particularly @ropey - blue text who, despite losing, has seemingly poured blood sweat and tears into this world, being one of the most active defenders in game and definitely the most active shit poster out side of game, cheers big man.

I don't think anyone from T realised how close this war really was. The stats were very even (albeit Twuck favoured) up until the middle of September giving us almost 3 months of an end game war. In that time Twuck was having all kinds of activity issues and had the morale not been even lower in T I think some real inroads could have been made to all the accounts in the West that were under huge pressure at the start of the war. I specifically remember bouncing Lady Corina's sit around between us for a week while Tavi was away fishing and I tell ya what, that account was in a state. But hey, gg's to those who tried their best.

I think it's fair to move on and congratulate all of Twuck on a job well done though. It wasn't an easy road, and it definitely could have gone either way at points, but what matters is we got the win in one of the biggest TW worlds in recent memory (we got rim rune's ffs!).

Big old shout out @W0sH09 and the immense amount of effort she put into this world to solo Duke us almost the entire end game war. We really couldn't have done it without you.

I think that segues fairly easily into taking a minute to also thank all the frontline accounts that held down the fort at the start of the war. Defending is the least rewarding and most tiresome thing to have to do in this game, and it takes some real grit to sit there and take the beating without walking away from the game.

2022-02-16.png
(ODD stats from before 10th September)

So thank you to all the players, coplayers and sitters that helped Dual Dragons, Lady Corina, Nocturne, Copelaax and Eau De Toilette through the start of this war. Particularly to the guys in the West you guys had it the hardest with one of the main midline accounts behind you, sitting completely idle on multiple Op days. It wasn't pretty, with every account apart from Copelaax (god you guys are good) losing loads of villages over those first few months. But had we lost any extras who knows what could have happened. And there are many more accounts that do deserve thanks (johann kari, winty and pretty much any ex Kunis players), players that just quietly did their part and worked hard to finish out this world, I appreciate you guys x.

Final Reflections

Pear and I had a discussion fairly recently about how w117 stopped being fun after we merged into Dragon, and I think he's absolutely correct. We went from having full autonomy as a little tightly knit tribe fan club to having to deal with a shit load of drama and almost 90 accounts. Once we merged our vibe really changed and I think we lost the mojo that made w117 so fun and our group so fun to be around.

We lost some good friends along the way, some of the KND players were left behind, along with J3lack/ Wang. I would have liked to seen a Kunis vs Dragon war, it would have been a lot of work for a far less secure world win though, so we ultimately did opt to merge with Dragon. Even though we did get the win we came here for, I think it would have made for a much more exciting world dynamic to continue fighting everyone. Kunis was also offered to merge with the remainder of BIO and T had already looked shakey when just J3lack was making waves in the east against them. If I could go back, knowing how this timeline has played out I would probably have instead chosen to fight Dragon xD. And I don't mean that to BM the hard working folks that were originally from Dragon, you guys are absolute kings and its been a pleasure. But a little piece of me wishes we had chosen anarchy.

This was a fun world though, I met some smashing folks along the way, that I am looking forward to playing with in the future.

Remember guys,

BIO bad :(
T worse :eek:
Kunis Kings :cool:

"I understand my brother that you are troubled"
buddy9494 was without a doubt the best defender on this entire server and you cant change my mind.

Attachments

• 40adde3d6b99c9eee5f7a55591ae7d5b.png
    40adde3d6b99c9eee5f7a55591ae7d5b.png
    259.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

-Fac-

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
For the love of god can people figure out how to name your god damn tribes

How did we have
DRAGON
BIO
And the dothraki????

Please Pear write a guide on how to name a tribe that doesn't sound like it was made by a 13 year old boy.

copelaax

Reaction score
I wanna give a few shoutouts. Obviously this isn't everyone who impacted the world but just a few I thought deserve a little more praise from my perspective.

Sadao: He's a beast. Arguably put in more effort this world than anyone. Everyone knows he deserves his spot at the top

Velonam: One of the most consistent players all game. Faking, nuking, catting. Didn't get the work with him side by side but was a pleasure to have him on the team. He was one of few who knew how to fake and that faking was actually important.

Corina: Very solid defender. Only got to work with them during the end game war but it was a pleasure. Glad you were on frontline with me. West coast gang

Pear/w0sh: The leadership this world needed

Noc: Abel killed it early/mid game. Dragon wouldnt have survived without him

Baby yoda(Kids Next Door): Fanger extraordinaire

Johann: Nuker extraordinaire

Nanzer: did something i think. i hope

Ropey: Best opponent (although considering the others i fought that isn't saying much tbh). but still. good player who deserves alot of respect for the work he put in this world. He deserves a world win more than alot of people in the winning tribe.

Dragu: Worst leader possible and still somehow winning. Impressive #kickdragu

The final and most important shoutout:
Costache (My Co-player): Arguably had the most impact this world than anybody imo. The best and most creative script maker in TW. From fake scripts to taggers to res balancers, he made everyone life easier. The tribe wouldn't have functioned as well as it did without his work. I was extremely lucky to have him as my co-player and the tribe lucky to have him on the team. also we crushed TU together :)

<3. Ggs everyone