Every now and then...

DeletedUser

Every now and then* when you are playing TW, you come across someone whose reputation is way overblown.

Someone who talks so loud, that you can't wait to hit him on the field of battle, and prove just how full of hot air they really are.

Someone who, according to all reports, can't hack it when the game doesn't go as they expect, and has never learned to roll with the punches.

So when you get the opportunity to take a back-line account, and hit them hard, and test their mettle, it feels really good.

I'd like the thank Slates for the opportunity he provided, letting me play on his account, and giving me the opportunity to test myself against someone in BH who I've been wanting to fight, for a long time.

And I'd also like to extend my respects to Brt, who proved to be a very different caliber of player than I was led to believe. Not only did he not crumple & fold when hit by an unexpected** attack from behind friendly lines, but he led the retaliatory assault with a precision and ferocity which I have come to expect from the top caliber players in this game.

Because, every now and then, you also come across players who make you bash your fist on the keyboard, and shout a stream of expletives which could get you banned from TW Forums if you put them into print.

I know it is not Phoenix policy to praise their enemies on the forums, but hey - I did it back when Laptuska and arasd ran a nice Op on the kevmaster account, and I have no problems doing it again.

Brt: you are a frustratingly fiendish player to go up against in close quarters., and I am glad to have had the opportunity to experience it first hand.

Cheers,

- Ravenj

* Actually, a lot more often than "now and then", but we won't get into the number of noobs and pointwhores who are inexplicably still around at this late stage of the game.

*okay, not so unexpected really. But still, earlier than anticipated. And it's always fun to catch the enemy with their pants down.

DeletedUser

thanks and yea i really crack under pressure and i'm doing pretty good i think for bieng prety much almost wide open and jumped on when least expected :). and i'm fighting on 3 active fronts lol

DeletedUser67579

I could have told you this. I am afraid that many in BH have been under estimated, but time will tell.

DeletedUser

I've worked with BH before, I don't think I under-estimated them, as a whole.
A few individuals, yes. But BH is putting up the sorts of numbers which I expected, thus far.

And, no offense, Rethae, I'm sure you would have told me so, but I've stopped listening to what Dukes tell me about the abilities of other players. I find it much more enjoyable to test them for myself. And sometimes, I find the Duke in question refreshingly wrong in their estimation of an opponent.

DeletedUser67579

and prehaps I was talking of the Duke in question being wrong in their estimations of some in game

DeletedUser

and prehaps I was talking of the Duke in question being wrong in their estimations of some in game

Perhaps.
But in classic BH style, you are correcting misperceptions with nukes and nobles, so really, words are just fun & fluff for the PnP.

Still, what's this game worth if we can't have a little fun banter while killing time (and enemy nobles) eh?

DeletedUser67579

yes the talk can be as entertaining as the fighting

DeletedUser79042

Side 1:
Players: Slates9
Side 2:
Tribes: BH, BH.

Timeframe: Last week

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 106
Side 2: 108
Difference: 2

chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1,016,524
Side 2: 988,120
Difference: 28,404

chart

Seems like raven must have lost interest in this very very quickly (or he was having more work defending 3-4 accounts, than this parallel minisatisfaction of hitting the kernel of an enemy tribe from a borrowed account).

Too bad slates god badmouthed over this afterall. I would have expected at least a bigger score, but raven was not being serious at all with this. Unless slates account only had about 90-100 nobles. I think not.

DeletedUser

no raven and boby was trying very hard on the account still is but hes being blocked the first 4 hrs he had free riegn suprise when suprise was out things scrambled pretty fast and it wasnt as easy and still isnt for him

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Tsk tsk tsk.....

Rethae, i dont underestimate anyone. Please stop posting more lies, eh???

I have NEVER taken away Bigbrt's ingame skills. Since he sat the ozzyfudd account and helped me out in kd65 a very very long time ago... i have always been thoroughly impressed with brts skills. Its the intangibles where he loses a lot of credit and respect from me.

Your posts here Rethae, are yet again, showing that you A. either dont really read what people ever post to you, or B. you refuse to believe what people post, and make up your own ideas of what they really think. Either or really shows your own lacking... but anyways.

Hats off brt, i expected the ingame skills all along.. just thought maybe your frustration would be more amusing. :icon_biggrin: Im really looking forward to getting into range of you, and testing you myself. To be completely honest, i am not the least bit surprised by Raven's new impression of you.... I have told everyone you are too dangerous to permit near them.

I just wonder what it will be like when a tribe is raining down nukes upon you, while we dance.... its kind of easy to fight a backline account isolated from any assistance, and completely without outside supports... imagine ravens fun of handlign all those incomings and still doing enough to dodge you and take new villas.. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

pls ask pat about w54 in zombie and ask him what i did against pucnh cookeis and there allies i was getting 20k plus inc hundreads of trains on the smodra account

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
pls ask pat about w54 in zombie and ask him what i did against pucnh cookeis and there allies i was getting 20k plus inc hundreads of trains on the smodra account

Listen, sir... Pat has a funny memory of lots of things. If you know him half as well as i do, he reminds me of that old vietnam vet still living in the war as he tells you round the campfire. :lol:

w54 was w54. You also havent really faced Phoenx yet..... The stats to this point are not a good representation of anything except BH's hunger atm. That would be the only thing that surprised me is the aggressiveness along the whole line..> Can you guys keep it up???

Before you fire up and yell at me brt, you and wild did precisely as i expected. I know you two are the real threats along that border, Everyone knows rand gets active for a while before he drops off the face of w30 again.. but wild and brt will be there the entire time. :icon_twisted:

Im looking forward to it.. i will say the same thing i told my enemies shipley and karma a long time ago. PLEASE< OH PLEASE< still be there playing when i get to you!!! :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

. i have always been thoroughly impressed with brts skills.

i am not the least bit surprised by Raven's new impression of you.... I have told everyone you are too dangerous to permit near them.

Then who in the wolrd would have led raven on to think that big was a pushover and not very skilled???? Just wondering since many of us have seen you say before that both big and wild are not skilled at all.:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Seems like raven must have lost interest in this very very quickly (or he was having more work defending 3-4 accounts, than this parallel minisatisfaction of hitting the kernel of an enemy tribe from a borrowed account).

Not lost interest at all. The fight is taking a lot of my attention (yes, even tho I have some Phx sits on the back burner while I'm at it.).

When slates offered us his account, there was some discussion about stacking his villas, and letting BH have it. 200 nobles, ready to cut loose, all at once. However, after some discussion, it was decided we weren't going to operate that way. We'd be going in Naked, and keep this as honorable as such things can reasonably be. One rogue BH account, completely surrounded by 2 tribes. 2 tribes who admit that they were aware that this was going to happen.

So we managed 100 caps? Not bad.... not bad at all. I was kind of expecting BH to have me down considerably more by this point. Admittedly, a lot of those are re-caps, but that still represents a lot of BH frontline troops which went *poof* as their originating villas were nobled, or nukes which had to be spent on this involuntary internal nobling, instead of Phoenix frontlines.

Things are going to go downhill from this point, tho. Slates doesn't have a night sitter, doesn't have smithies in 60% of his villas, and is suffering from a mysterious lack of Rally Points which makes my dodge&snipe fighting style significantly harder. 1k - 2K incoming on naked, catted, troopless villas? Yeah... it's not pretty.

And yet, despite it all, I can still manage to take a few of WildCat's villas here an there. What's up with that, Wild?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser67579

Well the timing was perfect to hit that area because those local nukes where on a 200 hour or more trip one way to the Pnx front, and as you have learned over time we have changed many of those villages to defense. So as far as a plan you have done almost as well as we did on our timing of the start.

DeletedUser

When slates offered us his account, there was some discussion about stacking his villas, and letting BH have it.

Doesn't this just about make lsates and paj out to be liars. After all they have proclaimed that this was done by slates himself. Now we see that slates indeed did offer his account and there were talks about it prior to the mentioned dates. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser79042

The least it gave you all, was ingame satisfaction, so you should actually be thanking Slates over this - besides a kamikaze account never wins, just stalls some players and the game evolution for a little period of time...
As I have wrote repeatedly, I respect all you who play this game at this late time. It sucks up alot of your time and I hope it is worthwile as long as you are enjoying :)

slates9

Doesn't this just about make lsates and paj out to be liars. After all they have proclaimed that this was done by slates himself. Now we see that slates indeed did offer his account and there were talks about it prior to the mentioned dates. :icon_cool:

Once again the only thing I don't particularly like is being called a liar.

I offered Paj the account myself. He did not come asking and I've said this before...

I believe, if I read what I said again, that Pajuno did not encourage me in anyway to use the account in such a away or have any form of my decision. He did not. And I will say it again. I took the idea to him.

There were no talks. I've no doubt there were talks once it was handed over within Phoenx to decide what to do with it, for example, stack it or wing it.

DeletedUser

Slates you're a traitor to your tribe and a disgrace to world 30 just as much as sfc was when he disbanded DN :lol:

Pajuno

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Then who in the wolrd would have led raven on to think that big was a pushover and not very skilled???? Just wondering since many of us have seen you say before that both big and wild are not skilled at all.:icon_rolleyes:

You sir, are completely and utterly full of shit. Show me one single quote where i said Brt was unskilled??

One single quote, and if you can produce a date/time in skype, i will check my own log to see where i did.

Wild isnt that skilled on defense, that point has been pointed out several times. But you show me one single quote where i insulted Brts skills??? The only thing you can find is i mentioned he cant start a new world in the core. that would be the ONLY insult you can produce that i ever posted about brts ingame skills.

The only inference you can maybe ascertain is that i said i am better.... :icon_wink: Which will be proven eventually... But that does not mean that i said brt sucks.. I believe i am better than everyone... it comes with the territory of leading Phoenx!

Where did i lie?? This is my quote from the other thread....

If you really must know, slates brought the idea to my plate twice and i turned him down both times.

I did not say anything about going back to him, and accepting it after at a later date. I only pointed out that he asked twice, i negated twice....

In such a hurry to prove me a liar, clearly you dont read what is being posted.. As well as lying yourself. Check everywhere i have ever insulted brt, i always admit his ingame skill is outstanding.. Its his negative attitude..

Check yourself, Tim.. your better than that, no?