Extracting Coordinates from profiles

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A lot of players rely on coordinate extraction as part of planning strategies, whether it is defensive or offensive, or just information gathering.

I would like there to be a built-in feature that does this for you.

This would be a button found on Player Profiles and Tribe Profiles that can extract coordinates in a similar way to how TWStats can pull coordinates. This is a feature that is so regularly used by players from third party sources that it would make sense to have it built within the game.

In my mind, this should be customizable:
  • All villages; or
  • By continent
  • By points
  • By owner (specific to the tribe button)

The extraction should also give multiple options for how this information is presented for copy-pasting.
  • As a bb-coded list to go in a forum (which could be presented in the profile's order, but also be sorted by X or Y coordinate or randomized)
  • As a non-coded list (which could be presented in the profile's order, but also be sorted by X or Y coordinate or randomized)
This seems to be something that would be better off being built into the game as it is a tool that is often used and needed by players.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for yes even though I have written scripts to do this. IMO the game should have some of the features we scripters have built as scripts, built-in. Coordination extraction should be built-in.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I voted for yes even though I have written scripts to do this. IMO the game should have some of the features we scripters have built as scripts, built-in. Coordination extraction should be built-in.

That is what some of my recent suggestions are based on. To give all players access to useful information. without relying on 3rd parties :)

iDisbelieve

Reaction score
If this goes through, would it be possible to also give the user the option to use different separators (mainly enter and space? For example:

Enter separator
001|001
001|002

Space separator
001|001 001|002