*F-F* vs. -=TS=- (and friends?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What? I forget what he's trying to say and I'm too tired to think at the moment.

DeletedUser

To be, or not to be- that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them. To die- to sleep-
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die- to sleep.
To sleep- perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub!
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. Hamlet III,1

Ohh bad memories I had to memorize that whole quote as well as the opening monologue to Richard III that was a long 143 line thing.

DeletedUser

I disagree and I at least have some arguments to support that opinion. I know 5-6 people RL who play games online and the way they behave online accurately reflects their RL characters, even when they beleive that they are playing something completely different from their RL character. Even when you are pretending to be something or someone else it is very difficult to do that effectively for a long time.

Depends on the game.

TW is a wolf pack mentality. It explores our deeply recessed primal neanderthal insticts. We are ruthless, unforgiving, hungry animals. We hunt as opportunistic predators, slaughter anyone who is not useful to use anymore, backstab for personal gain. It is "flight or fight" on a constant daily scale, where only the ruthless become stronger. It pushes the boundaries of our core values and challenges our ethics more than RL would.

So there are dimensions to it, as it brings out parts of ourselves which we don't commonly utilise in a RL day to day basis. This does not make it reflect our more "real" selves though.

A lot of people play these games so they can socially experiement a different persona. We have dynamic personalities and are always learning through trial and error. e.g. In RL we are passive and co-operative introverts, online we become arrogant, aggressive & dominant, does this mean this is our real self? not necessarily.

To say our true self comes out in TW is also flawed, since we still must behave as others in the world expect. If you misbehave, then you get rimmed. So there is still a social expectation there, and we act accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Depends on the game.

TW is a wolf pack mentality. It explores our deeply recessed primal neanderthal insticts. We are ruthless, unforgiving, hungry animals. We hunt as opportunistic predators, slaughter anyone who is not useful to use anymore, backstab for personal gain. It is "flight or fight" on a constant daily scale, where only the ruthless become stronger. It pushes the boundaries of our core values and challenges our ethics more than RL would.

So there are dimensions to it, as it brings out parts of ourselves which we don't commonly utilise in a RL day to day basis. This does not make it reflect our more "real" selves though.

A lot of people play these games so they can socially experiement a different persona. We have dynamic personalities and are always learning through trial and error. e.g. In RL we are passive and co-operative introverts, online we become arrogant, aggressive & dominant, does this mean this is our real self? not necessarily.

To say our true self comes out in TW is also flawed, since we still must behave as others in the world expect. If you misbehave, then you get rimmed. So there is still a social expectation there, and we act accordingly.

I finally have a friend after my many posts :icon_redface:.

~Sword

DeletedUser

...In RL we are passive and co-operative introverts, online we become arrogant, aggressive & dominant, does this mean this is our real self? not necessarily.

Obviously, I am not stating that your true self becomes visible in TW while it is disguised in RL. I just disagree with those who say that there is absolutely no connection between your RL and online persona. Both are just facets of our true selves we present to the world, but always cut in such a way as to reflect what we want that world to perceive us as.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Obviously, I am not stating that your true self becomes visible in TW while it is disguised in RL. I just disagree with those who say that there is absolutely no connection between your RL and online persona. Both are just facets of our true selves we present to the world, but always cut in such a way as to reflect what we want that world to perceive us as.

Fair comment. Admittedly I think this game brings out the worst in people.

Then again, I like to shoot teammates in counterstrike, thats gotta be worse :icon_razz:

xXArchangelXx

lol but you quickly respawn in cs so its not as bad as TW where you gotta like wait the whole way to get back to your points, but still its a challenge i look forward in the future x]!

DeletedUser

As far as I knwo they are only fighting ENS now sooo heres the stats form the aslt week

Side 1: *F-F*

Side 2: ENS

Timeframe: Last week

Side 1: Total conquers: 344
Side 2: Total conquers: 195
Difference: Total conquers: 149

Side 1: Total conquers against other side: 82
Side 2: Total conquers against other side: 26
Difference: Total conquers against other side: 56

Side 1: Total conquers points value: 2,692,727
Side 2: Total conquers points value: 1,017,671
Difference: Total conquers points value: 1,675,056

Side 1: Total conquers against other side points value: 738,151
Side 2: Total conquers against other side points value: 226,668
Difference: Total conquers against other side points value: 511,483

DeletedUser

This better not get passed up in replies by the new war...I will be sad...:icon_cry:

DeletedUser19909

why is this thread still around?

F-F has a nap with TS,
Rose disbanded
Ens vs F-F aint really a war.

DeletedUser

This is around to get more posts.

Which will all be spam.

If you read the post right about your own you would have relized that?????

DeletedUser

Yeah, I think that we have gotten to the point of a big can o' Spam or nothing at all.

DeletedUser

I am glad ROSE~ disbanded.

It makes me realize things I never thought of before.... :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

that being a part of w00t rocks?!?!? :icon_razz:

Chuga Chuga w00t w00t!!!!

jet_train.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.