*F-F* vs. -=TS=- (and friends?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7881

You get where I am going with that though?

Just to add an after thought in regards to war time recruitment using the US as an example:

Bay of Pigs, US vs Cuba

The US tried to get fleeing Cubans to attack their home country, these guys end up killed because of the fact they are a strong minded country, with a lot of pride in themselves, they fought back. This little country, who the US could easily wipe out with bombers, but if they did that, the financial gain from the country would be lost to damage, and they had more important issues that needed to be resolved. The hatred from then still remains. Everytime the world powers vote on whether or not to allow Cuba to take part in the WTO, the US and some other country (typically a never heard of before country in Africa) also vote no, for the sake of the US being able to keep Cuba under developed. Cuba will never join the US because of the history between them, if they had not been so 'hard' with the Cubans, there is a chance that this could have been resolved long ago and the americans could be vacationing there enjoying what their culture has to offer. If you get the priviledge to go to Cuba, you will see all the pro Cuban propaganda all over the country, its what I would say is similar to what the US feeds themselves. There are cubans how ever that run away from their homelands to the US because they are tired of the way their country is ran, and hope to do better abroad. When they leave, they are typically shunned from their country and never return.

These 'runners' are not 'runners', they are opportunists. They are humans who are trying to do what humans do, try to be the best they can be, and they want to be somewhere where the restrictions and limits match their ideas on what they intend to do, to reach the goals they have set for themselves.

mattcurr

^^^

well you should remember that is about 1000X more complicated than you stated

We were 20 min. away from the end of the world, literally the generalls suggested to the presedent to launch ICBM's and our bombers were in the air heading to the Soviet union

And The Soviet union was pointing there nukes that were in cuba at us too. That was the reason for the embargo on them

and once stollen dies i could see trade reopening

if he already isnt dead

DeletedUser

The future looks bad for the United States of America, the future looks bright for Russia.

~Sword

mattcurr

^^^ yea when ever you slowly desolve your government it is a good thing:icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser7881

^^^

We were 20 min. away from the end of the world, literally the generalls suggested to the presedent to launch ICBM's and our bombers were in the air heading to the Soviet union

And The Soviet union was pointing there nukes that were in cuba at us too. That was the reason for the embargo on them

if he already isnt dead

I was trying to keep typing to a minimum, as I have already written a book in this thread lol. But as you will see, there is a downside to being overly aggressive, then it makes you very paranoid of someone stepping up, and bringing their friends.

DeletedUser

Your avatar looks like a stuffed bird. Change it back?

I'm a mini-me of Zalt.

Quakerstate you wrote a book on this thread literally? Or did you mean your post?

If you meant the post, what did everyone else write?

~Sword

DeletedUser7881

I'm a mini-me of Zalt.

Quakerstate you wrote a book on this thread literally? Or did you mean your post?

If you meant the post, what did everyone else write?

~Sword

Yeah, I was referring to my long posts.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I was referring to my long posts.

Have you read some of the other ones? :icon_redface: You make it seem like I (and the two others) were writing an encyclopedia :icon_redface: if you wrote a book.

~Sword

DeletedUser

This thread has gotten WAY off track. lets focus it back on the war :axemen: :axemen: and someone can start a new thread of the nature of people and how that translates to a anonymous online game.

--Luminos (the enlightened)

DeletedUser18692

^^^

if he already isnt dead

A very Americanised view if I may say so, as at the time of this crisis, did the US not have missile sites in Europe, right on the borders of the then USSR, which is why the Soviets then placed their silos in Cuba?

I know, Luminos, way off track, but just wanted to state that.
And as for Rose members joining w00t s, good luck to them, as after the 2nd world war, did the Americans not take the majority of the German scientists, responsible for the V2 rockets that obliterated London and the suburbs, back to the States to aid them in the deisgn and manufacture of a very successful Space programme, so the best players from vanquished armies are welcomed into the victors arms.
This then ties into the elongated debate of TW compared to RL.

Sorry for going off topic, but now suffering from the hangover from Hell! lol

DeletedUser

Not everyone is here to represent who they are, some people are here for fun and Glider is just attempting to validate himself as an honorable person in real life because of what he does here. He is about to lose a war/his villages and will do anything to degrade the character of w00t S and *F-F* for recruiting and the leaders of ROSE~ for disbanding.

I have been trying to keep the discussion limited to general "game as simulacrum of reality" issues that fascinate me, not to particular events. If you insist, I have an invitation to FF in my inbox - I am just not going to accept it. Which is not to say that I think that those our members who join other tribes are acting dishonestly because the tribal leaders invited everybody who is not prepared to face what is going to come to feel free to transfer.

As for trying to validate myself as an honourable person, I am only acting the way I feel I should act, just like most of us. Thereby my actions reflect my personality. Whether these actions are honourable or not - I do not think there can be a unanimous opinion but they are mine nevertheless and to deny them would be to deny myself.

Maybe you two take the game this seriously, but at the end of the day it's a game, there's no emotional investment/connections in it

That is patently untrue. You just read this message board or your tribal message board and you will see that many people invest a lot of emotion in this game, and I do not think there is a single active TW player who has not invested some degree of emotion.

DeletedUser

Please keep on topic now again, if you wish to discuss this kind of things feel free to open your own topic regarding discussions about USA etc.

This topic is still F-F war, with the only tribe left being ENS.
We hereby declare all ENS members refugees, and they will not be allowed to join other tribes.

If you decide to recruit them you better make sure it's ok with me, otherwise we'll attack the person non the less, and you risk a war with us.

DeletedUser

Please keep on topic now again, if you wish to discuss this kind of things feel free to open your own topic regarding discussions about USA etc.

This topic is still F-F war, with the only tribe left being ENS.
We hereby declare all ENS members refugees, and they will not be allowed to join other tribes.

If you decide to recruit them you better make sure it's ok with me, otherwise we'll attack the person non the less, and you risk a war with us.

Oh, shush ronald, we are discussing serious things here.

DeletedUser

If you insist, I have an invitation to FF in my inbox - I am just not going to accept it. Which is not to say that I think that those our members who join other tribes are acting dishonestly because the tribal leaders invited everybody who is not prepared to face what is going to come to feel free to transfer.

Talk to me on ingame mail about this. I would rather not have this conversation on a public forum. I will say though that I am prepared to face the end so that would not influence my decision to accept an invite too greatly.

As for trying to validate myself as an honourable person, I am only acting the way I feel I should act, just like most of us. Thereby my actions reflect my personality. Whether these actions are honourable or not - I do not think there can be a unanimous opinion but they are mine nevertheless and to deny them would be to deny myself.

My actions are influenced by the fact I want to have an stimulating, enjoyable and entertaining game. So I would say I am not entirely myself in TW based on this. Close enough though.

That is patently untrue. You just read this message board or your tribal message board and you will see that many people invest a lot of emotion in this game, and I do not think there is a single active TW player who has not invested some degree of emotion.

I agree. The emotion is invested in getting to know people. Creating trust and building relationships. Fighting side by side in a battle to the death is not something we can experience in our day to day lives, and we build a unique bond by sharing this.

DeletedUser

When I play counterstrike I occasionally like to play on a "friendly fire" server and shoot my teammates in the back of head. So.... do I have an issue here? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

When I play counterstrike I occasionally like to play on a "friendly fire" server and shoot my teammates in the back of head. So.... do I have an issue here? :icon_eek:

Well that is certainly a reflection of your personality :) You are the only one who can answer the question you asked. If your teammates stop playing with you because of that then it is obviously a serious enough issue for them. If not then it is kind of a consensual betrayal, nicht war? :)

DeletedUser

Well that is certainly a reflection of your personality :) You are the only one who can answer the question you asked. If your teammates stop playing with you because of that then it is obviously a serious enough issue for them. If not then it is kind of a consensual betrayal, nicht war? :)

Well... they try and shoot me back and I am too quick, so they quit. They just get replaced by another, and we play the same game again? This goes on for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.