Faaaaaa(...)rk, come out, come out, whereever you are

Michael Corleone.

People that buy premium for faster builds and extra premium features aren't?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
People that buy premium for faster builds and extra premium features aren't?

I don't recall mentioning premium in any way, shape, or form. But no, spending $100 on a game is much less "trying" considering that $100 is between 14 hours (less than 2 days of work) for even people on minimum wage, and is only 2-4 hours of work for people with real jobs. 2-4 hours is much less time and effort than people typically put into an account.

mattcurr

what exactly is a fake job. I remember a younger man who went by nauzhor arguing with me that 150,000 dollars a year made you rich. Now it seems to constitute a real job, odd how times change.

Last edited:

Michael Corleone.

I don't know how you can say setting a sitter is for tryhards but spending money to get faster build times isn't.

Or in your case, instant 10K villages, lol.

EDIT: My Matthew, the times have changed. Instead of bragging about rank, Nauz brags about how much he makes in 2 hours!

DeletedUser111495

what exactly is a fake job. I remember a younger man who went by nauzhor arguing with me that 150,000 dollars a year made you rich. Now it seems to constitute a real job, odd how times change.

Probably a minimum wage sales call center job although i suppose any job is better than nothing these days, partly why alot of people are struggling these days as they dont have the motivation to actually work for there money and think everything will be handed to them on a plate, although thats for another topic entirely for anther time.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Prem to play is cheap as. I don't know why this is a factor what.so.ever?

It's a cheap game and so many ways to pay/play so it's rather irrelevant. I've never come across money stopping anyone on a none/ (Even a p2p world) from playing the game lmao.

mattcurr

Prem to play is cheap as. I don't know why this is a factor what.so.ever?

It's a cheap game and so many ways to pay/play so it's rather irrelevant. I've never come across money stopping anyone on a none/ (Even a p2p world) from playing the game lmao.

This specific incident a few players, payed over a hundred dollars each in an hour or so to instant build full villages at start up. Call me cheap(I am very cheap) but I'd not spend 100 dollars on any game -_- I mean well maybe on tickets to the superbowl I'd pay more than that, but certainly not any online game.

Edit: in retrospect I think Id rather watch the superbowl at a party than in a stadium

Last edited:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

$150,000 a year is rich. A real job is a job that has the potential to make you rich. Deadend jobs don't solve your problems, they just postpone them.

You're considering rich to be rich compared to yourself, it isn't.

$150,000 a year is well into the top 10% of the US, wayyyyy, wayyyy into the top 1% of the world. Just because there's people richer doesn't mean it isn't rich.

This specific incident a few players, payed over a hundred dollars each in an hour or so to instant build full villages at start up.

Uhh, no, that's not at all accurate. I abused the tombola, which was a very cost effective way to rapidly grow villages. The amount spent was nowhere near the amount you're claiming, though even if it were, $100 is 2-3 hours of work, can you grow a village to 10k with 2-3 hours of farming? Efficient time management doesn't seem tryhard, it seems the opposite.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Some previous PnP enemies coming to my rescue.... kinda shocked and honoured at the same time.

It is well known that Michael and I never really saw to eye in previous worlds. With this said, we recently buried the hatchet and Michael has been a part of my W75 tribe. He got an opportunity to see how I work as a leader and I believe he now knows I am more than competent. We have common goals and we both look at strategic issues with the same view. With this said, we have a long way to go to building a proper friendship, but I will gladly have MC in any of my current or future tribes. His co-player is very easy to get along with too... :)

In regards to Mattcurr's comments, I have a ton of respect for Matt and he knows that. We first met back in W11 where we were allies. What the MCD guys did in W11 was on an epic scale for its day and I still believe MCD was one of the best tribes ever. Somewhere along the way (W53?) we ended up as flaming opponents. We always seemed to be on the wrong side of each flame war when we met in new worlds. I always liked his PnP as it tested me and he always kept me on my toes in the externals. Having Matt come here to show his respect means a lot. Thanks Matt, total respect in return.

As for Nauz, I was honestly looking forward to fighting Nauz as he was not that far from my tribe. My luck ran out when he went inactive... shit happens.

Therin, nice to see you are alive... but it's time to drop the whole "I didn't get an invite in a previous world" attitude and consider burying the hatchet. We got on very well before, but you were hurt for not being in the loop about the W50 premade. For the record, a lot of other people were left out of the loop. You didn't get an invite to W50 for a reason as we felt your activity would not be able to sustain the incomings that we thought we would incur in that world. Get over it bud, life is too short to hate.

As for this world, now that my area is secure and I feel that my tribe is established, I am happy to say that I am the Duke of Fart. I have brought a core group of my Fork guys from W58 to this world as a premade. We recently won W58 and we are looking for some more fun. Over the last month, I have been lucky enough to find some ex-DNY'rs in disguise and a few old world friends that are simply some of the best in the game. We've also found some new players that are exceptional. I won't mention their names here, but they know who they are. All have been recruited and I expect to see good things from my gang.

For the record, we are not here for the win. W58 drained me and after a 3 month break, I wanted to have some fun, so I gathered a small group for exactly that. For most of us, this is our first secrets world and it provides an interesting twist to the game, from what I have read up on other secret worlds. We will play until the fun stops. That could in a month, it could be in 12 months. One issue that is working against me personally is the troop speed - 0.6... argh.

When I quit this world, feel free to flame me. I really won't care. My goals in this game are complete so I am here for the fun now.

Too many times people have flamed me for quitting when I was under attack, but no one says a word when I quit a world and we're winning. If anything, they thank thier lucky stars that one less attacker is keeping them awake at night. Funny about that hey...

Anyways, Nauz congrats on your flame thread. Not sure if it worked apart from a few old enemies coming out and showing a little respect towards me and vice versa. People now know where I am playing, but those with half a brain could have identified that my posts are often linked to Fart's area (Apes, Oxygen etc). A quick check of Fart would have shown us to be a premade. A little more work and people would have seen my W58 profile as my name is on my W58 profile. A little detective work would have identified me immediately, or maybe other tribes don't bother to do this these days.

Game on W75.

im going to read all of that.

Said no1 ever

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Neither would I matt. Probably haven't bought that in my whole tw career.

Yo aimed at Matt. If you get paid so much why do you farm for your prem and sell it? You said you don't like farming if you do it right anyway.. I think you talk utter trash.

DeletedUser

This specific incident a few players, payed over a hundred dollars each in an hour or so to instant build full villages at start up. Call me cheap(I am very cheap) but I'd not spend 100 dollars on any game -_- I mean well maybe on tickets to the superbowl I'd pay more than that, but certainly not any online game.

Edit: in retrospect I think Id rather watch the superbowl at a party than in a stadium

This is exactly why production and development companies allow pay to win and pay to play models to exist. If more people would help support the companies that created, maintain, and update the games they play, then these companies would not have to give special privilege to people that do actually spend a few bucks every day.

I enjoy putting 10-20 dollars into a game I play every week because guess what...thats what makes the economy work. You would rather support a multi-billion dollar industry(professional sports) so that the players you go to watch can continue buying drugs, over priced cars and homes, and then complain about not making enough, or would you rather help support the team behind the games you spend much more time on, so that they can continue to provide for their families...

Matt, IDK why you are arguing with Nauzh as he is right. Don't act like you are not jealous of people that can afford to spend money on games to help save their much more valuable time.

DeletedUser113322

Don't feed the troll, asalamalakum. He's obviously a macho man. That being said, the topic of this thread has gotten so condensed and at the same time all over the place - it was an interesting read for the last 2 pages. Carry on all ^^

DeletedUser113322

Apparently so. Took a while - also, did this thread even have a topic to be on-topic with?