Implemented Fake trains ingame feature

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There currently is an ingame function for sending up to 5 nobles from one village as a train of attacks.

However, there is no current way of doing this ingame for supports, or for any other troop speed attacks.

Suggestion:

- Add the same train function at any troop speed (as it has to match the first command's speed, perhaps grey out all troops at the wrong speed to simplify coding?)

- Add the same train function for support

- Allow each attack in a train to have its catapult target adjusted to hit different buildings

This would incorporate more strategy options into an inbuilt game feature.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Im gonna vote yes

However, i dont think that this should be included for support. Reason: Snipe is still a "skillgap" i think should still exist, and easy access to train snipes will give you option to hit a 200-250 ms gap instead of 50...

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Normal trains (50ms to 100ms) are snipe able even without this being used for support (so sniping). Problematic are the noble nukes sent like this:
00:00:00:100
00:00:00:120
00:00:00:150
00:00:00:170
(and there are even worse to snipe noble nukes). For these kind of attacks the fake trains being used for support won't help much.

d4m0

Reaction score
No for support but yes for everything else, attacking is even more difficult when everyone always knows where the nobles are.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I personally don't mind the support aspect of this, as we had it up until now and it didn't seem to cause any problems. However, I would also urge people not to vote no on the entire suggestion based just on that. You probably won't get another thread with only that removed, it'd be a duplicate.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think support being able to be sent this way is a change that are BIG enough to make it a totally different vote

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Is it possible to remove that part of the suggestion @JawJaw ?

It seems the feedback is that this is what isn't wanted, but the rest is. Would be a shame for the vote to go poorly when different parts of the suggestion are polarising opinions :p

Reaction score
Yes, I think this should happen, definitely for other unit types attacking, maybe/probably for supporting. The reason for attacks has already been stated. For supporting - the extension allowed supports making it easier to combat the 50ms trains, which prior to both the extension and the in game noob train sender was not easily done. IMO it's a bit unbalanced having an easy and effortless way to send perfect 50ms trains but keeping the method people used to snipe 100ms+ trains sent manually.

Really I would actually be in favor of the noob sender being removed entirely...

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
will there be anything to prove/show that the ingame method was used to send a fake train??

TW.PLAYER

Reaction score
Fake trains should not be allowed, who wants to wake up to a fake train ? If the fake train option is added then the option to send 4-5 supports should also be added to make it fair.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
will there be anything to prove/show that the ingame method was used to send a fake train??
I mean you can hope that their system is able to recognise if a ingame feature was used for something :rolleyes:

Fake trains should not be allowed, who wants to wake up to a fake train ? If the fake train option is added then the option to send 4-5 supports should also be added to make it fair.
Imo being able to send faketrain and send it as multiple snipes cant really be compared to each other in their impact on gameplay.
Also a faketrain you can most time figure out if it is actually noble speed or not, with a bit of thinking. Its like saying remove Fakes cause you cant see Nukes...