Famous Quotes

DeletedUser

Life doesn't have a restart button. Get used to it.

Parents favorite quote.

DeletedUser

"Coffee isn't my cup of tea."
Samuel Goldwyn

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate.'

"Stop! The spirit is willing, but the flesh is spongy and bruised."

"We don't know anything about their race, history, or culture, but one thing's for sure. They stand for everything we stand against."

"I'm the man with no name... Zapp Brannigan."

All Zapp Brannigan :)

DeletedUser

"In the absense of order, go find something and kill it!"
-Rommel

"Go after a man's weakness, but never, ever, threaten unless you're going to follow through, because if you don't, the next time you won't be taken seriously."
-Roy M. Cohn

"It does the sheep no good to preach the goodness of a diet of grass, if the wolves are of a different mind."

"One must observe before one acts, or more harm then help can be the result."

"If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way."

"Everything is valuable under the right conditions. To a man dying of thirst, water be more precious than gold. To a drowning man, water be of little worth and great trouble."

"Sometimes that's all life is: one desperate act after another."

"Don't worry about what might be...Worry about what is."

"Fate does not seek our consent."

"When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack!"

"War is a creation of man. Never before in history has any other species continuously fought with each other."

"Some say the pen is stronger than the sword. I disagree. Here's a pen, I get a sword. En Guarde!"

"Forgive you enemy, but never forget his name."
-JFK

"In Chinese, "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger, the other represents oppurtunity."
JFK

Today's Schedule:
1. Arrive
2. Raise Hell
3. Leave
-ME!

I don't expect mercy. You shouldn't either.
-ME ALSO!

"People are stupid. They'll believe anything either because they fear it is true, or because they want to believe that its true."

"If Adam and Eve were the only two people put on Earth, how exactly did all of us come to be?"

Frightened Soldier: "Sir we are surrounded!"
Commander: "Excellent! Now we can attack in all directions!"

"War is 10% brute strength. The other 90% is mind games."

"When it comes right down to it, war is not a matter of who is stronger. It comes down to who can continue to send men off to war the longest."

"If it weren't for the nineteen year olds' common concept of immortality, would war even be possible?"

"A brave leader leads from the front. A smart leader leads from the back."

"We cannot mess up now, for the eyes of the world are upon us."
-John Winthrop, "City upon a Hill speech"

"Older men declare war, but it is the younger men who fight and die."
-Herbert Hoover

"In war, there is no prize for the runner-up."
-General Omar Bradley

"When you kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."
-Winston Churchill

"They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason."
-Ernest Hemmingway

"An eye for and eye only makes the whole world go blind."
-Ghandi

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-Benjamin Franklin

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Good Will."
-Winston Churchill

"There are always casualties in war, gentlemen — otherwise it wouldn't be war. It'd just be a rather nasty argument with lots of pushing-and-shoving."
-Arnold Rimmer

They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say "Shit, it's raining!"

That should keep ya'll for a while. I'll be back tomorrow about the time you finished reading that to post more quotes that have to do with Tribalwars.

P.S. I like quotes if you havn't noticed.

DeletedUser

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. -

Robert Bloch

A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
Margaret Thatcher.

DeletedUser

Half of these don't relate. I decided to have some fun.

Fun mod or strict mod? :p

FUN MOD.

Here are a few that relate to tribal wars:

"I hear it is nicer on the rim."

"My leader.. they have something called axes.
"You expelled all the players with axes... for having too low points" - Hitler\
"No one can draw Ascii swords as good as me!" - Hitler

full of lawls

I'm not sure how many of you have seen it, but even if you have already, it's worth watching again. :D

DeletedUser

I saw this in the world 18 forum so i thought id put it up here as well. Just write any famous quotes you know its simple.

"A wise man in times of peace prepares for war"
Aristotle (i think)
I didn't read the rest but i'm sure they're good:

Contradiction to this quote:
A country cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
Albert Einstein
(might have already been posted it's the first quote from google).

And:

It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.

DeletedUser

Here's the first three strategic assessments in The Art of war by Sun Tzu:
"Military action is important to the nation-its the ground of death and life, the path of survival and destruction, so it is imperative to examine it."

"Therefore measure in terms of five things, use these assessments to make comparisons and thus find out what the conditions are. The five things are the way, the weather, the terrain, the leadership and discipline."

"The Way means inducing the people to have the same aim as the leadership, so that they will share death and share life, without fear of danger."

DeletedUser

loving yourself is the best thing you can do (wow selfish much?) haha

DeletedUser

"Future generations will not look upon us as pioneers or adventurers , they will not see the technology we have created, the marvels like the television or the aeroplane, they will not be amazed at our literature or cultures, no. They will see us as rapists of the planet and as ignorant warmongers who destroy all that we love. This is the legacy we leave our children."
Me - a bit bleak but true i believe. Any thoughts on this???

DeletedUser

"Future generations will not look upon us as pioneers or adventurers , they will not see the technology we have created, the marvels like the television or the aeroplane, they will not be amazed at our literature or cultures, no. They will see us as rapists of the planet and as ignorant warmongers who destroy all that we love. This is the legacy we leave our children."
Me - a bit bleak but true i believe. Any thoughts on this???

Too true.

DeletedUser

Brave fighters are all vertebrates; they have their softness on the surface and their toughness in the middle."

DeletedUser

"To knock a thing down, especially if it is c*cked at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight to the blood."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"Neither a wise man nor a brave man lies down on the tracks of history to wait for the train of the future to run over him."

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."

"I count him great who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory"

- George Clemenceau

:icon_eek:

DeletedUser

dont try to be a great man just try to be a man and let history make up its own mind

devilican

"if its red, kill it"
???

"About 1 minute ago
I disbanded your tribe"
atkin00

"UR TRIBE IS FAIL"
to CONAN

DeletedUser

This isn't a famous quote, but it is by far one of the better ones I've seen in Tribal wars:

smellyhaggis(W19) said:
The guy you attackeed has high points but is not military based, as you would have figured out.

DeletedUser

This isn't a famous quote, but it is by far one of the better ones I've seen in Tribal wars:

Haha.:lol:

I remember a thread in W14, when a newbie asked something like 'Do we need to send resources to the barbarians or should we attack them??:icon_eek::icon_idea::icon_eek:'

And sp.ag sigged it before meh.:icon_cry: