Fare Thee Well!

DeletedUser

I remember Brymon from out stint together in Hippos, but please don't despair or mourn for him. From first hand experience, I can tell you that there is indeed life after brain and spinal injury. Although it is frustrating, at times infuriating, to cope with the loss of motor control... at least he is currently being spared the humiliation of understanding what it means to be dependant on another for his physical care. That, I can assure you, is a blessing.

I rejected the proposed lobotomy that would have prolonged my life an extra 5 years and (12%) may have restored mobility; I've now survived 11 years living without most of my spinal cord and have always been too stubborn to ever give up or give in. I've even managed to get better every year and I seldom need assistance with my personal care any longer. Brymon had the determination and cussedness to not give up on any fight worth fighting - I remember him and Russki argueing for days about Georgia and Russia, and Brymon never backed down.

Heck, as long as I have two working fingers (and most days I usually have three that work) I can still send a 5-noble train in under half a second! If this can be beat, Brymon will find a way, and life is too prescious to give up on after a little set back. Cherish what you still have, and mourn not for what has been lost. Brymon always understood what it was to keep moving forward and not look back. :)
I salute you for your efforts in your life and wish you even better improvement.
I wish the same to Brymon.

jakeeboy

I hope one day he comes and reads these posts. I think he would love it.

DeletedUser

Good luck from 1 military person to another i am in the Marines and have seen my fair share of friends die at least your alive and kicking from there you never know you can accompish anything you set your mind to good luck in the real world i wish you the best.

DeletedUser49576

seagryfn i thought you said there was life after death when i first read your message lol. i sure hope there is because i'm scared of dying! and you sure have shown determination in tackling your ailment, good stuff :)

guys who are posting goodbye messages, you may want to look at the first post date - ben brymon is back from tour and has bad brain damage, he is not just about to leave. i know because i'm his step cousin. TP locked the topic i made about that because i think he thinks im joking about brymon.
thats why you wont find him on the rankings but if you look legendry or gillop up on twstats you will see that they took some villages off him a while ago, thats the only record that survives players quitting i believe.

DeletedUser39896

seagryfn i thought you said there was life after death when i first read your message lol. i sure hope there is because i'm scared of dying! and you sure have shown determination in tackling your ailment, good stuff :)

guys who are posting goodbye messages, you may want to look at the first post date - ben brymon is back from tour and has bad brain damage, he is not just about to leave. i know because i'm his step cousin. TP locked the topic i made about that because i think he thinks im joking about brymon.
thats why you wont find him on the rankings but if you look legendry or gillop up on twstats you will see that they took some villages off him a while ago, thats the only record that survives players quitting i believe.

The other record is the many insightful posts he has made on TW forums.....

DeletedUser36262

Brain Damage? Wow, thats prettu awfull :icon_sad: I really do hope Brym gets better, he's a good man.

Smiles :)

EDIT: EDIT: I read the other post, I have to admit this is a lot more serious than I though. This couldn't have happened to a kinder guy, I was by Brym's side, in game, for a long while. I got to know him pretty well, and he sure didn't deserve this. From what I knew of him, he was a very Patriotic, kind-hearted and generous person. It brings a tear to my eye to hear about this, I had planned on restarting if Brym ever came back, but I guess I'll put those thoughts behind me.

Brym was as good a friend as you can make on a computer, and I thank you for positing this. For some weird alien reason, my curiosity wanted to know what happened to people I played with.

I'm sure this was already said, but if this is in anyway a joke, although I hope it is, then you disgust me.

-Smiles :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser

i've only just heard this about ben - and i'm deeply shocked. like smiley said, he was a good friend, as good as you can make friends in this virtual world.
i liked that we had that friendship, it really did make this game worthwhile playing.

i hope there is a chance that he will get better. it would be good if his cousin could update us again.
and if you can, send him best wishes from his mates.

DeletedUser22370

I have wanted an update for some time, but I don't think his cousin plays tw anymore, and I don't think Ben is coming back :(

DeletedUser

i never spoke to brymon either which seems like such a shame :icon_sad:..... speaking as someone whos going to be joining the army officer training course at sandhurst next summer (i hope) all i can say is that i hope he gets well and keeps on living for a hell of a long time! and that he has my respect and admiration for all time...