Farm

DeletedUser

I have a city and i cannot make my farm bigger than 30. It says it is fully completed...is there anyway to get my farm bigger so I can get more troops?

DeletedUser247

no, to get more troops you should build nobles and take another village and build troops in that village.

DeletedUser

I have tons of other villages but how when people attack me they have way more troops than I have

DeletedUser247

if you have a church in it, it greatly reduces how many troops you can have. That and depending on how many buildings you build.

kotche

Try not to max out all your buildings as they use up farm space.

DeletedUser86076

That brings up the old debate about village builds for which there are endless threads. Yes, there are some build guidelines which everyone tends to agree upon; such as HQ, wall, barracks, stable, warehouse, and farm size. The rest always seems up to personal preference. You can make the argument that a standard build takes on more of a significance in church worlds than non-church worlds. The endless debate about hiding places and workshops really appears to be overblown when you consider the total amount of population they consume.

DeletedUser

That brings up the old debate about village builds for which there are endless threads. Yes, there are some build guidelines which everyone tends to agree upon; such as HQ, wall, barracks, stable, warehouse, and farm size. The rest always seems up to personal preference. You can make the argument that a standard build takes on more of a significance in church worlds than non-church worlds. The endless debate about hiding places and workshops really appears to be overblown when you consider the total amount of population they consume.

workshops and hidingplaces are generally where your same point builds come into play

DeletedUser86076

I agree. You'll tend to see a wider range of offensive and defensive builds on non-church worlds. This is my first church world and definitely my last, but not for that reason. Now I know why I avoided them previously.

DeletedUser247

I'll advise you don't raise your HQ over 20.

it depends. If you are on a front line and you keep losing your wall or are in danger of losing a few lvls, then a HQ lvl above 20 is great to get it up quickly. If you can stack it so much that you dont lose wall lvls, then there is no need for a hq above lvl 20.

DeletedUser

i prefer the church :p and i agree on the hq except for the stacking every village sky high on the frontline thing :p

DeletedUser

This is the standard offensive village layout:

Barracks: 25
Stable: 10
Workshop: 5
HQ: 20
Market:20
Farm: 30
Hiding Place: 0
Academy: 1
Resource Buildings: all 30
Smithy: 20
Wall: 20

That only take up about 3k farm space if Im not mistaken. That leaves room for 21000 more troops.

DeletedUser

This is the standard offensive village layout:

Barracks: 25
Stable: 10
Workshop: 5
HQ: 20
Market:20
Farm: 30
Hiding Place: 0
Academy: 1
Resource Buildings: all 30
Smithy: 20
Wall: 20

That only take up about 3k farm space if Im not mistaken. That leaves room for 21000 more troops.

lvl 10 stable huh :D and workshop and hp can be changed off and on for point builds, especially on church world

DeletedUser

That brings up the old debate about village builds for which there are endless threads. Yes, there are some build guidelines which everyone tends to agree upon; such as HQ, wall, barracks, stable, warehouse, and farm size. The rest always seems up to personal preference.

Many would be surprised by how little importance village build has on a player once they get to the 2mil+ stage. Skill and tact of a player will play a much larger role than any overbuilt village would.

The endless debate about hiding places and workshops really appears to be overblown when you consider the total amount of population they consume.

QFT

I agree. You'll tend to see a wider range of offensive and defensive builds on non-church worlds. This is my first church world and definitely my last, but not for that reason. Now I know why I avoided them previously.

Disappointed to hear that, church worlds involve a lot more strategy, I am however a little disappointed by the lack of supporting outside of tribe rule, tends to rid the world of strong alliances.

DeletedUser

I like church worlds better, like Reaper said, there's more strategy. As for no inter tribe support, you can tribe hop.

As for village builds, I use hiding places to mix my points up. It looks cool having a long line of one number, but I prefer to have them mixed up.

TheRiverStyx

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I will never play a non church world again, they're way too boring. I like the fact you have to plan your clusters out carefully and plan your expansion routes and time your ops so that churches are taken out first, just makes it that little more interesting.

I hated the no support outside the tribe rule when I first started this world, but now that I'm used to it, I find it just that little bit more challenging.

I started off on this world being stubborn about not having a same points build. Varying my buildings to mask my churches, however you get to such a size that it just isn't efficient to do that any more. Especially when you're using mass recruit scripts for different bonus groups, just so much easier to have exactly the right amount of troops building in each village.

At approx 200 vills I decided to change to a same point build and have never looked back.. it did take me a week and half to change all my vills though, killing off troops etc which was a complete pain as I couldn't mass recruit for that period of time. Take my advice, you will come to realise a same points build is so much more efficient, don't leave it as long as I did :p

DeletedUser86076

I might have been too hasty in my comment about church worlds, but...the combination of churches and no outside the tribe support really slows the game down. That combination, although it may involve more strategy, definitely slows the game down to a "turtles" pace, pun intended.

DeletedUser

i agree churches need support outside the tribe so you can send support behind your nobles, or its hard to keep long range fresh caps

DeletedUser

slow....all TW games are slow (imo)....slow as turtles stampeeding through peanut butter.....not quite. :)