Farming Organization Systems

DeletedUser

As we all know, the speed of this world makes farming crucial, and lots of it. With hundreds of farming raids sent each day, each player naturally develops his own system of organizing farming raids. Some of us use the notebook, others use quick-bar links, some even use excel documents.

What do I mean by organization system?
(1) The method used to keep track of which farms are due for the next attacks
(2) The format of the links that lead to sending a raid (using the "attack again with same troops" url vs. using something like the scout report evaluator)
(3) The storage system for these links (excel, notebook, etc)

Naturally, the ultimate goal of any such system is to make the player's job (clicking links) as effortless as possible. How do you do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am far too lazy to actually do any farming.

However, if I decide to seriously play a world, I would use one an external website with a database to organize and speed up the process.

DeletedUser

You scout it and then send enough troops to bleed it dry. Easy and efficient. Is there a better way?

gargareth

mass scout all barbs around you, (some people aren't allowed to farm that far, i got yelled at when i drained all my tribemates farms to) then use a scout report evaluator to work out how much res there will be when u hit, and it tells u how much lc to send.

DeletedUser

Bah, that sounds like a lot of work.
Why not just send scouts with all of your farming attacks, then based on the resources your scouts find there you can decide whether to attack again or not.
^^

gargareth

Bah, that's a lot of work.
Why not just send scouts with all of your farming attacks, then based on the resources your scouts find there you can decide whether to attack again or not.
^^

with the right scripts, it takes 5-10 mins to have about 200-300 barbs with scouts going at them, then later that day it takes about another 15 mins to have all the lc sent of, hauling almost the exact correct amount.

DeletedUser

Im lazy I send 200 lc to every village in a 2 hour radius of every village. Same number different results. I still get more resources than i can spend

openeye

Using mass tabs and scripts that fill in a set number of troops at the rally point, I can get my farming done in about 20-25 mins. I farm about 100-150 farms at a time, and dont bother with scouting attacks. Pull in between 1m - 1.5m, 1-2x per day. But yeah, using my method I definately overlap into my nieghbor's farming area. I only hit each farm every 3-5 days for a 30k haul at a time, makes sure I normally get a full haul, and keeps me from completely killing my tribemate's farming area.

DeletedUser

Im lazy I send 200 lc to every village in a 2 hour radius of every village. Same number different results. I still get more resources than i can spend

Haha i do this to. With scripts though. Just too lazy to do anything myself...now to figure out that market script...so i don't have to spend 30 minutes sending resources to less developed v's...

DeletedUser

meh my undeveloped villas can farm well for them selves within 2 days anyway

DeletedUser

I tend to agree with gargareth, and prefer to use the scout report evaluator. Anyone ever used something like Snap Links as a faster way to send the massive numbers of scouting parties?

However, I must say that Purple Predator's idea sounds very interesting. More details, please!

DeletedUser

Using mass tabs and scripts that fill in a set number of troops at the rally point, I can get my farming done in about 20-25 mins. I farm about 100-150 farms at a time, and dont bother with scouting attacks. Pull in between 1m - 1.5m, 1-2x per day. But yeah, using my method I definately overlap into my nieghbor's farming area. I only hit each farm every 3-5 days for a 30k haul at a time, makes sure I normally get a full haul, and keeps me from completely killing my tribemate's farming area.

Just quoting cause you mentioned scripts :)

But you can also use the fake script, by implementing the number of troops you send and just list all the barbs around you that you want to farm :)

only problem with that is it takes 20-25 min as you said, i just use the first post way in the notebook and mails, use opera and takes me 5 min!

yes there are much faster ways like PP said other database, but i enjoy clicking :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Yeah same i just see which villages in my church radius's havent been attacked in the last two days and send 300lc along.

DeletedUser

What kind of data would this "much faster" database contain in it?

I am not going to go into complete details but this is part of it:

You get scout reports of all of your farms. Use a script to calculate how many LC to send for 4/6 hours worth of production. Send all of those out. Archive your reports.

You set yourself up with a php interface that allows you to go to your farm archive report section and copy the source code and then paste it into an input text box on your webpage. It finds the report IDs and the corresponding farm coordinates in the report name and inputs those into the database. (You already have the village world data with the village IDs and coordinates in your database) Because of the copy and paste method, it is a quick process (I have in the past been able to do it on the fly in the middle of speed rounds without losing much if any valuable time)

Now you have all of your farms with a report ID matched to it in your database. At this point you use another interface to input your LC count for each of your villages. This gets saved into your database for future use.

Next comes another wonderful php interface. This one, you put in the coordinates of all of your villages that you wish to use for this particular farm "list". It then spits out links to attack again reports using a nifty algorithm to sort them by distance from each village and when one village runs out of LC, it moves on to the next village inserting the proper village ID to use each particular village. (Some people dont know that you can send the attack again from any village you want and not just the one it was originally sent from)

If you have many farms, it will go through and create you several lists with each seperate list using up all (or almost all) of your farming troops. The links will be appropriately named. Example:

Attack1
Attack1
Attack1
Attack1

Attack2
Attack2
Attack2

Attack3
Attack3
Attack3

The number representing the particular list the attack belongs to.

Here is where the beauty comes in. The actual farming

You have a webpage with a massive list of links.

You then use Opera's Link Tool and specify searching for "Attack1" to get all of the first attacks. You use ctrl and shift to quickly select all of the links and then right click and open all in new tabs to pop all of them up. Use the quick tabbing feature and cycle through.

Congratulations, you just used all of your troops to farm. Repeat the process with each of your lists once your troops have returned.

It is alot faster to do than it sounds. This is by far the best way of farming that I have seen in my time of playing. Feel free to let me know of better ways but as of now I am convinced my method is superior.

DeletedUser51390

like pp said using a outside database is great to use.

there is a player in this world named mozleron. should be in evoke still unless he quit this world. he designed a program that does everything for you.

its much like allyboo's farming script but you can use this with every unit. (sp,sw,axe,archer, etc..)

ive used it and it works wonders for me. it even configures the amount given for bonus's

not as detailed as pp's thing there and you have to do the actual clicking yourself, but it tells you how much to send and you will pick up the full load with lil to no room for more.

DeletedUser

Just a note: The above system was originally supposed to be released for Tamer V2.0 along with a few other goodies I had been working on. Unfortunately a combination of me frying yet another hard drive and a lack of support of the site led to closure. Me, Perv, Lisa, and a few others talked about pooling money together and laying down a large chunk of cash for a server(those high end servers cost a smackload) and then opening up as a paid member service. Unfortunately we didnt think that we would be able to make back the cost of the hosting so it was scrapped.