Farming Villages, Is it still worth it in W17?

DeletedUser

Since the world has been going on for a long time now, and the player amount has dropped below 1000. Do you still farm villages, or do you noble out select villages and grow them up to size, or a combination of the two?

netjakdim

I am not aware that there were that many barbs around still to farm. If a player goes barb and there is a 9,000 point barb right next to you I would think it would be more effective just to noble it on out.

DeletedUser

what about villages that are very low in points? like 3000.

DeletedUser

Recently I was farming 45-60 villages. I had no nobles, so I farmed for coins....

DeletedUser

I think that the vast majority of villages have been nobled, after all there is almost always someone who has a few nobles available, so even if you can't take the village, there is usually someone who can.

If my clusters were surrounded by 3k barbs then yeah, I probably would take the time to farm. But there aren't and it doesn't overly bother me that I'm not getting extra resource income

DeletedUser

to be honest if you have over 300 villages farming anything below 100 vills a day is just a waste of time unless you have nothing to do.

Usually a full 3k barb of resources has enough for maybe 2-3 coins max, thus 100 will provide enough resources for 1 extra noble, but it takes the barb around 3 days to regrow those resources.

Thus over various worlds i have concluded that you have to farm atleast 1/3 number of your account's villages to actually make farming worth it!

netjakdim

I understand the lack of nobles and better places for them but my reasoning on the whole barb issue is that once these places reach about 3,000 they are done growing. Once they are there the resources are usually between level 15-20 I have rarely seen any with higher than that unless they were a player barb. My point is if you waste the noble today and spend the next week upgrading farms you are going to come out with more resources in the long run and instead of using the troops to farm will be able to use them to take over more of the stupid gray villages.

DeletedUser33191

I think I am >1400 vills right now purely because I farmed heavily early on, and continue to do so sporadically.
If I feel I need to get enough coins for an extra noble or two, then I'll rape any resources nearby, especially enemy vills which I have reduced walls and HQ on. Should the enemy stick some defences in there, then I get to hit them with a full nuke when the walls are gone or very low at best, so easy kills. Plus any resources taken from them will not be used for enemy troops/buildings/coins. So a win-win whether they defend or not.

You may argue - 'Just NOBLE IT!!' and I agree, but how many nobles do you think I have sat idle in my academies?
I think I have always had more targets and cleared vills than I have nobles and that's STILL the case even now after 1/2 price coins were introduced!! Perhaps I am just too active on nukin', but again, sending troops to vills is tantamount to farming, especially when the weaker players dodge for me! (Note to self - must add more cats).

In short - farm, yes - specifically, enemy vills :eek:)

DeletedUser

i have been known to farm occasionally, but tbh, i cant in a lot of places, but if i see a suitable barb i dont wanna noble i just farm it until someone else does and mint coins so i dont lose a noble.

DeletedUser

If there are any farms around, it most likely to be hit so many time that it hardly build any resources up. :icon_neutral:

merritt olsen

if youve got the time to farm do it you can never go wrong with more resources/coins :)

except when you are in end game (just announced today for w18) and their are less than 1200 enemy left and you have a total of 162 nobles...