Favorite rule variations

DeletedUser

We've all been playing this game for a while now, and I'm sure we all have our private gripes with the rules. This isn't a thread to complain, but more to throw out what ideas we've had over the years about how to improve the game. Of course "improve" will be totally subjective, but I'd love to hear what others have thought of.

Here's mine:

I think the game is way too demanding for many players in terms of having enough time available to actually play the game as well as they'd like to. Sending precisely timed nobles supported by nukes from differing villages is a lot of work, and it's not all that thrilling either.

Solution: Players get a number of scheduled actions per day. Perhaps that number is a percentage of their total villages.

Having a lot of villages is actually not that fun, at least from what I've seen. I think it would be interesting to have a cap on number of active villages, and as you acquire more than the allowed amount, you designate villages to be inactive farms for yourself. These inactive farms will no longer have troops to support or attack with, but they cannot be nobled either until your number of villages has dropped to include them. This would keep players competitive with each other late into the game.

I hope that makes sense, it's late. . . :)