Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

this is has to be the dumbest thing i have seen in this game. you take out things that are actually useful, like the pop-up to edit groups on the village page and add this thing that has no value what so ever. what is the point? who cares about bragging rights. are you trying to get intelligent players to quit?

the awards will most like go the largest player and some inactive anyway, the largest player as he can attack more than anyone and already owns the most villages, and some inactive that is getting cleaned up as no one is defending.

awards for these, even more pointless:
Unlucky fellow
Lucky fellow
Plunderer of the day
Self-conquest
Resurrection

just give us back the pop-up that this crappy update took away.

inflrc

yeah "great power of the day" is a joke on older worlds, where the #1 player can stay in that spot for months if not years. Definitely should change to award for the largest number of village nobled in one day.

I expected that this award was meant to be "the largest number of villages nobled in one day", at least that was the logical option. The one implemented doesn't have common sense.

DeletedUser

Isn't the ajax popup still there? I am still able to edit groups at the village page.

this is has to be the dumbest thing i have seen in this game. you take out things that are actually useful, like the pop-up to edit groups on the village page and add this thing that has no value what so ever. what is the point? who cares about bragging rights. are you trying to get intelligent players to quit?

the awards will most like go the largest player and some inactive anyway, the largest player as he can attack more than anyone and already owns the most villages, and some inactive that is getting cleaned up as no one is defending.

awards for these, even more pointless:
Unlucky fellow
Lucky fellow
Plunderer of the day
Self-conquest
Resurrection

just give us back the pop-up that this crappy update took away.

DeletedUser

Isn't the ajax popup still there? I am still able to edit groups at the village page.

the only one i had doesn't work anymore, not sure what ajax is but it stopped working today when this stupidity started.

DeletedUser

That now makes at least 3 of us who are "Intelligent" enough to ask how we can turn these off and not a single response from any of the game mods!!

Bragging rights

Is this what those of us who are willing to stand up and say "What a load of tosh you have created" is going to get as a response.
I am deeply saddened, that the gameplay we used enjoy, has been marred by these infantile & nonsensical displays.
I was more than just a little miffed, when I failed to noble a village by a single point, as if that is not dejecting enough, we also get an award for it!!!
"Unlucky Fellow" - We should all get that for this insipid waste of our premium points.

Children, if you want to decorate your game with whimsies, do so somewhere else and allow those of us who are adult enough to want to play the game and enjoy doing so with things that are required to do so.

DeletedUser

That now makes at least 3 of us who are "Intelligent" enough to ask how we can turn these off and not a single response from any of the game mods!!
You can hide them from others in settings. If you want to hide them from yourself, there is no setting for that.

Is this what those of us who are willing to stand up and say "What a load of tosh you have created" is going to get as a response.
I am deeply saddened, that the gameplay we used enjoy, has been marred by these infantile & nonsensical displays.
I was more than just a little miffed, when I failed to noble a village by a single point, as if that is not dejecting enough, we also get an award for it!!!
"Unlucky Fellow" - We should all get that for this insipid waste of our premium points.

Children, if you want to decorate your game with whimsies, do so somewhere else and allow those of us who are adult enough to want to play the game and enjoy doing so with things that are required to do so.
And how is it harming you? If others enjoy it or it for whatever reason improves their experience then good for them. If you don't want to bother with awards then don't.

x2dezjohn

By default your achieved awards will be hidden from anyone else. If you would like to change this, please go to Settings->Settings and tick the checkbox next to 'Awards'.

^ that

bangin.gif

DeletedUser

Have to say this is a pretty stupid idea or maybe a good idea poorly executed. Let us see, you give points for being lucky or unlucky(which players have no control of) and mix them in with highest ODA for the day and resources farmed(which to some extent players have control of)?
We can tell who has the highest ODA already, by looking at players stats. Why the redundancy?

If you are going to make an award system - make it for something that counts.

- most enemy villages nobled in a day +5 points
- nobling 10 enemy villages in an hour +10 points
- taking player's last village and removing them from world +20 points

and if you have positive points, you should have negative also

- nobling over 5 barbs in a week -10 points
- internal nobling 5 villages in a week -5 points

I am not a fan of the awards

DeletedUser

yes, most of these award make no sense at all. lucky fellow, unlucky fellow, with so many villas nobled each day and the fact that the award means absolutely nothing to anyone, hmm
Greatest power? is this like a shortcut so players dont have to click rankings, fill the rank field with No 1 then click ok.
highest oda odd, same as above we have that info, and unless tw are offering players something more than a badge for it, whats the point.
plunderer of the day? not sure exactly how this works. what qualifies as an actual plunder? i know i won it the other day with 116 plunders, but ive got about 900 farms, how does it work?

DeletedUser

The great power of the day award doesn't really make that much sense on older worlds, but hey I'm not complaining, haha.

Rank Name Points Awards
1 cer-berus 51
2 Hidden by the player 8
3 Hidden by the player 8

DeletedUser

there should be the most plundered resources of the day also xD

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Does the Plunderer of the day award also include any fakes you send?

If they are going to be added then why not add them all would love a resources per day award

Also as mentioned late came play could do with some others maybe not as hard as war caps per day just total caps per day would be nice.

x2dezjohn

yes, most of these award make no sense at all. lucky fellow, unlucky fellow, with so many villas nobled each day and the fact that the award means absolutely nothing to anyone, hmm
Greatest power? is this like a shortcut so players dont have to click rankings, fill the rank field with No 1 then click ok.
highest oda odd, same as above we have that info, and unless tw are offering players something more than a badge for it, whats the point.
plunderer of the day? not sure exactly how this works. what qualifies as an actual plunder? i know i won it the other day with 116 plunders, but ive got about 900 farms, how does it work?

plunder is when you attack a vill and take resources from it i believe

DeletedUser33191

They all seem a little pointless to me - at 1500+ vills at this point in W17, I have the most vills by far, so get 4 points by default every day - what does this actually mean - not a lot to be fair.

Unlucky fellow and lucky fellow - absolutely pointless. Unlucky would be 4 nobles in the same time window (5 minutes?) that fail to noble. Lucky could be a three train from 100 to nobled in a similar time frame?

Self-conquest - an occasional accident when a 3-train takes and the fourth piles in? Why an award? Again, pointless.

Most ODD, Most ODA - makes sense.

Plunder - 1 axe on a barb with no walls plunders resources and counts as 1 - same as a full vill taking300k resources. Again, pointless count of vills; total resources plundered makes more sense.

IMHO: All in all, a bit of a fail, and not really thought out before implementing.

DeletedUser

They aren't hurting anyone, some are a bit pointless, but TW has implemented worse changes than awards. I don't think many people take them as a serious form of ranking, it's just a bit of fun really, nothing to get upset about.

DeletedUser

The thing is, make them fun or make them useful, you cannot have both mixed together.

I understand some nerd somewhere gets paid by TW to update the game, and has to produce something new for the game....you should fire that nerd.

1801_apic1668.jpg

as the are, they are both non-informative and not that fun. So pointless.

DeletedUser

i love the plunders award. Though its better if there's a minimum plundered resources also per plundered vill

Status
Not open for further replies.