Event Feedback: Battle of the tower

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Playing the Battle of the tower game.
Have a few questions:
Am I in the same team (band) but can face at least 20 different other groups? or have I read it wrong?

On the Event shop:
I currently have just one village looking at what to exchange my Glory for I see a medium war chest below the info it tells me I can gain 1 gold coin. Yet further down I see a large war chest & again it tells me I can gain 1 gold coin. Is this a lucky glitch in the way it works with only having the one village?

Instantly adds 1 Nobleman to your currently selected village if the unit requirements have been met, there is sufficient population, and you have sufficient coins
. -
What units do I need? Should it read building requirements?

Thanks
Busa

ChipCollector

Reaction score
On the Event shop:
I currently have just one village looking at what to exchange my Glory for I see a medium war chest below the info it tells me I can gain 1 gold coin. Yet further down I see a large war chest & again it tells me I can gain 1 gold coin. Is this a lucky glitch in the way it works with only having the one village?

Hey Busa,

Maybe your Question has to be moved to the Fourm Thread: Research & Development > Questions

The Medium war chest gains gold coin(s) of 50% of your current number of Villages. If you have 1 Village it gains you 0.5 Coins. So it round up to 1 Coin. If you would have two villages you will get 1 Coin.
The Large War Chest gains gold coin(s) of 100% of your current number of Villages. If you have 1 Village it gains you 1.0 Coins.
In your case, you can gain the medium war chest and benefit from the rounding up.

What units do I need? Should it read building requirements?

The Requierment for using this Item is (in this village you want to consume it): An academy (Level 20 HQ/Level 20 Smithy/Level 10 Market) - 100 Population free and the Coins you need.
This Item has a worth of the Ressource you need to build a nobleman but the main effect is that you will be able to have a Nobleman instantly, no Recruitment Time. This is helpful for a recap and many scenarios.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Thanks, I know things are slow on the main forum now, I did not really want to start a new thread. I'm thinking this could work out well with the 50% coin per gain with one village. I will put a ticket in to make sure.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I can confirm that the 1/2 coin option works to produce 1 gold coin if you have 1 village.
Just incase anyone is searching for the answer.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Have you guys ever considered changing this event at all? Gameplay wise it's like the worst event in the entire game right now. And you guys should feel bad about it.

First, the rewards you get from just playing it are almost non-existant. You can buy the bonus offer ONCE and get MORE glory than playing this for all 14 days.
If your group holds ALL towers in a section when it resets you can max out to 650 glory per day. You also get 300 glory for holding rank 1 in attack and defense ranking which combined CAN give you 1250 glory per day if you invest heavy pp.
Buying the bonus offer (80€ pack) JUST once already gives you 12.000 bonus glory. Which is realistically MORE glory than you and your group could ever get in those 14 days combined. That includes the second last day and last day of the event where the glory rewards for holding towers and attack/defense rank is increased by 50% and 100%, respectively.

Secondly, playing the event doesn't even matter at all if you use your Regiments or not. Every event day only the last 5 minutes before the timers reset and glory rewarded does count, since EVERY single day some guy who uses pp can and will spam all the towers to annex them so their group owns them and snipes all the glory for their group while the other group literally gets nothing for this event day except the glory from attack/defense ranking rewards. This is so incredibly bad by design that this event shouldn't even be in the game in it's current stage.

In short:
1. rewards are incredibly bad and unbalanced compared to bonus offer
2. Gameplay wise you don't even play the event until the last 5 minutes before each event day as pp spender.

Potential fix:
1:
Reward glory on a per hour basis for holding towers for a certain duration of time. This rewards your group for holding the towers for more than just the last 5 minutes each round to make them count for your group and award the glory. Currently the middle tower grants 200 glory if your group has it when the round ends. You could change it into giving your group like 50 glory for each hour your group holds it. That would encourage you to try to hold it all day long and actually make players play the event how it was initially designed to be played. However this might take more development time than potential fix 2:

or 2:
Reward players with glory for using regiments aswell. This will encourage players to use their regiments on towers before the last 5 minutes of each event round. Currently there is no reward at all for you as a player if there is a guy on the other group who snipes all towers before the round ends. Which means all your progress is lost for using your regiments during the entire day and coordinating with your group what to annex next/ or defend. You could give players like 20 glory for each regiment used. A system like this could also not be abused infinitly for any pp whale since there is a cap of how many regiments each tower can have and you have to wait for the other group to attack these towers again first. Seems very plausible to me.

And please fix the damn item shop. Firstly there are way too few items in them that I would ever consider buying for their cost. Where are all the nice gold boosters? Or permanent village boosters BESIDES effective workers and Growing Crops that are LITERALLY IN EVERY EVENT THAT HAS AN ITEM SHOP? You never get to see those (Weapon Master, Improved Saddles, Solid Bricks, Improved Mine Carts, Good Connections etc.) in the shop. Why does privilege cost me 2000 glory while a 30% respack costs 1800? Why does a 5% respack cost 400 glory already in that regard instead of 300? Why does a silver War effort already cost 1500 glory? No noob ever is gonna buy that thing for this ridiculous price unless it would be the golden version that lasts for 168 hours instead. Why would I ever consider buying a golden War Commander for 1400 glory when I can get a Flag booster for 1200 Glory? Medium War chest 1300 Glory??? I am likely to get more gold coins from a 5% respack than a medium war chest. That item should cost not more than 500 glory. No Noble Decree in the shop?? There is also no special item that you might consider grinding as a reward that you can only get from this specific event. Currently only Noble's fair has that type of item (Royal Streamer)
Maybe add a new item? Ram Booster? Simulator has the ability for rams to increase their damage by X% while currently the only source of that type is from paladins with ramming books learned.

I don't wanna see this event again this year in December if it will be unchanged in it's current scenario. It's bad, like REALLY bad.
thanks for reading. Appreciate thoughts and feedback to it.

Last edited:

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I like the event. It gives good rewards and exchanged for items is very encouraging. It doesn't take a lot of time to play. But still offers a bit of excitement when you see the changes.