Feedback Classic

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
What is the reasoning behind the no sniping rule?

I feel like it will just stop the counterplay

As for the lack of no haul, it would be interesting to see a classic without one, as players will not have to farm 24/7.

I like not having a relocate item.

Also i think that the package (expensive rebuild) system does not work with the no sniping system. As instead of sniping a train you're going to go for a recap, but than you will endure the costs of rebuilding the noble.

Doesn't seem like it works well together.

Last edited:

BalerionTheDread

Reaction score
I hope to change this one , MS is big part of war , there is no skills with that you need to have a lot of defense !

Whatever command is sent first will arrive first. This means commands can not be 'sniped'.

My suggestion :

Attack timing: 50 - 100ms
Nightmode: Dynamic

MaD King

Reaction score
Against the Attack timing if we are looking for fun in this clasaic ,, we want snipe

Pronouns are Imp

Reaction score
Well all good except few settings, i understand everyone can not be happy but.

No sniping as no ms gaps meaning you need more defense then reduce the tribe member limit also no outside tribe support. Also 40% victory condition so everything gears up for minimum time world finished.

Also then there is fake limit , classics supposed to be old timers skills based play but in this all skills are disabled.

Deleted User - 11365688

Bit ridiculous about the attack timing

were you hitting the pipe when you thought of that one aye? When I thought you guys couldn't fuck up anymore you go and do that

TG Smurf

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The no sniping rule will be about as welcomed as the built in snipe bot you guys tried to make.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Bit ridiculous about the attack timing

were you hitting the pipe when you thought of that one aye? When I thought you guys couldn't fuck up anymore you go and do that

Let's try to keep it civil. The entire point of this feedback topic is so we can gather constructive feedback about settings. It also means we are open for changes if the community dislikes a part of them. There is absolutely no need to use this type of aggressive language. If you can not be constructive, please do not post.

That being said, we are open for discussion about the full seconds setting. I want to point out however that we haven't had this setting since October 2018, and therefore it is also time to try this once more. While it seems like a weird setting, multiple markets actually use this as a default for classic (only International doesn't use it that frequently). The setting is interesting and adds another dimension to planning your attacks. You really need to take into account the order of attacks and not just throw them into an attack planner that does it all for you.

I believe the negativity about it is simply because it is uncommon and only very few players have ever played a classic with it, but no-one is actually considering the possibilities or added strategies, and instead are focused on the gameplay they know and got used to instead of wanting to try something new (and ironically also complain about us always redoing the same old settings).

For the above reason, I'll really need some convincing arguments to revert that setting, and "I just don't like it" is not one of them :)

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Let's try to keep it civil. The entire point of this feedback topic is so we can gather constructive feedback about settings. It also means we are open for changes if the community dislikes a part of them. There is absolutely no need to use this type of aggressive language. If you can not be constructive, please do not post.

That being said, we are open for discussion about the full seconds setting. I want to point out however that we haven't had this setting since October 2018, and therefore it is also time to try this once more. While it seems like a weird setting, multiple markets actually use this as a default for classic (only International doesn't use it that frequently). The setting is interesting and adds another dimension to planning your attacks. You really need to take into account the order of attacks and not just throw them into an attack planner that does it all for you.

I believe the negativity about it is simply because it is uncommon and only very few players have ever played a classic with it, but no-one is actually considering the possibilities or added strategies, and instead are focused on the gameplay they know and got used to instead of wanting to try something new (and ironically also complain about us always redoing the same old settings).

For the above reason, I'll really need some convincing arguments to revert that setting, and "I just don't like it" is not one of them :)

is the name of the world not classic? in what way is that setting a classic setting? You just said it yourself people havent played it before. seems like a new world setting to me, we get classic worlds every so often and you try hit us with settings that are clearly not classic. And then expect us to change your mind? its no wonder this game got so bad and such a small player base. its still being poorly managed i see.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I agree with JawJaw, people have to accept that sometimes its the time for a setting to come back.

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I agree with JawJaw, people have to accept that sometimes its the time for a setting to come back.

A setting that was probably on a few worlds because i for sure have never seen that setting in my life? and its never been in a no hauls world.

BalerionTheDread

Reaction score
I believe the negativity about it is simply because it is uncommon and only very few players have ever played a classic with it, but no-one is actually considering the possibilities or added strategies, and instead are focused on the gameplay the know instead of wanting to try something new.

The full seconds let the world finish faster , It's hard to defend and easy to attack , you just will send your train and if the defender does not have enough Defence he will lose

i think the most players will be defenders with no haul , full seconds and 40%Dominance

The Full seconds might be good but not with this settings

Pronouns are Imp

Reaction score

Well we have nothing against trying new things but with utmost respect doesn't classic world are for old timers who don't want tw to change. Maybe try then on hauls world but we old timers who play this game for more than 15 years want and enjoy playing tw like we did 10-15 years ago.

It's like a feel good moment and remembering for old time sake for us who played this game decade ago. We dislike new changes hence we left tw and only come back for haul worlds which we like to be simple.

However it is for tw community and mods to decide what world setting will be but this is my and 100 of like me opinion on this regard.

The full seconds let the world finish faster , It's hard to defend and easy to attack , you just will send your train and if the defender does not have enough Defence he will lose

i think the most players will be defenders with no haul , full seconds and 40%Dominance

The Full seconds might be good but not with this settings
added with no tribe outside support and 12 member limit set up for quick world closed. :D

BalerionTheDread

Reaction score
is the name of the world not classic? in what way is that setting a classic setting? You just said it yourself people havent played it before. seems like a new world setting to me, we get classic worlds every so often and you try hit us with settings that are clearly not classic. And then expect us to change your mind? its no wonder this game got so bad and such a small player base. its still being poorly managed i see.

The point of view cannot be made in the form of attack :p

King Clown

Reaction score
Interesting setting is created to prevent account pushing (Well, something in better than nothing)-

"Please note that in an attempt to limit pushing, inviting players to a location will be disabled, as well as choosing a starting direction. It is therefore critical that you pre-register and create a premade tribe during the pre-registration period if you wish to be placed close to your friends! Joining the world close to anyone else will be impossible."

But this world, let's people leave the premade as well -

- Tribelock: Deactivated

So what happens if a player sits and creates 12 multi-accounts and then pre-register them all in same tribe and then disband the tribe as soon as world starts? He still gets his multi's start near him and that too now with the advantage of able to attack/farm them since they are not invited by him.

Isn't this still a way to exploit? lol xD I know it's a douche bag move, but don't you think tribelock should be enabled along with this setting to put a full stop to this pushing?

BalerionTheDread

Reaction score
So what happens if a player sits and creates 12 multi-accounts and then pre-register them all in same tribe and then disband the tribe as soon as world starts? He still gets his multi's start near him and that too now with the advantage of able to attack/farm them since they are not invited by him.

Will he play alone ? He need to be with his real tribe so he can't do tribe just for him cuz he will be far from his friends