Event Feedback - Defenders of the Inner Castle

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Defenders of the Inner Castle

Our new Event "Defenders of the Inner Castle" is on the way! Wandering bandits have infiltrated your village cellars! Send your elite guards into the depths below to stop the bandits and secure the stolen goods!

"Defenders of the Inner castle" is designed to be a dungeon crawler event. Your guards will enter the village cellars, a huge dungeon with countless rooms and floors, explore it step by step by opening up one field at a time. While making your way as far as possible, you will encounter bandits and fight them for loot. You will also find multiple pick-ups to make you stronger, and stolen goods you can spend in the event store.

The dungeons are endless, so you will likely not be able to finish them completely. "Defenders of the Inner Castle" is built around this, so it's intended to be played multiple times. If your guards are slain by the bandits, you will have to start a new "run" through the dungeons - this is part of the event! You will keep the stolen goods you recovered, and you will be stronger for your next run.

[URL]https://media.innogamescdn.com/External_Community_Management/TW_innercastle/inner1.png[/URL][URL='https://media.innogamescdn.com/External_Community_Management/TW_innercastle/inner1.png[/img'][/img[/URL]]

[twchangelog="feedback"]How to play[/twchangelog]

When starting a new run, you will see the map screen. From here, you will open up each floor one neighboring field at a time. Under each field, you can find different encounters: [B]Enemies[/B], [B]Pick-Ups[/B] to boost your strength and health, and the [B]exit of each floor[/B]. If you uncover an enemy, you can fight them for stolen goods.

If you use the exit, you will enter the next floor. But be careful: Every floor, the enemies will become more powerful, so be sure to pick up some health and attack bonuses along the way, before you venture forth.

Your guards are low on health and you're worried they might not make it through the next encounter? Don't worry: You can [B]abandon[/B] the run at every time. You will keep your guard, but you will lose all recovered stolen goods from this floor. If you did lose all your guards, however, you will get new ones every day during the event - or you can buy new ones for premium currency, if you can't wait.

[twchangelog="feedback"]Fighting[/twchangelog]

You can fight bandits you encounter by simply clicking on them after uncovering them. During each round, you and your enemy will attack once. You will always attack first on each attack, so if you're low on health but see a good chance to defeat your enemy with your next swing, go for it! After your attack, the bandit will attack. Everyone involved will attack by a random amount of their attack range, shown next to the crossed swords icon. Your guards have an evasion chance, indicated by the evasion icon next to it. This shows the chance percentage per attack of your guards being able to evade one attack completely, taking no damage at all. Your evasion chance will increase every time you abandon a run, so you will be harder to defeat every time you restart your run.

You can also heal your guards to some amount for premium points, as well as using the "Reveal" button: This will show you 2 randomly selected enemies and show them on the map.

[twchangelog="feedback"]Rankings[/twchangelog]

This event will have two rankings for additional rewards, and your position will be updated each time you finish a level:

[LIST]
[*]Daily Ranking: Cleared maps - Showing the highest total daily amount of finished, complete maps
[*]Daily Ranking: Highest level - Showing the highest, finished map level
[/LIST]
You can also complete activity quests, by progressing certain numbers of maps on your way through the dungeons.

[twchangelog="feedback"]Dates & Worlds[/twchangelog]

[B]Event start:[/B] 2020-10-14 14:00
[B]Event end:[/B] 2020-10-28 14:00
[B]Event Store remains open until:[/B] 2020-10-29 14:00

The event will be active on all worlds except - Classic, Classic 2, High Performance and World 116.

We hope you enjoy our new event! Be sure to leave your feedback here.

[/QUOTE]

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I want this on w116 too.

Seriously no event there?
The world has been active for 30 days now with no event...

9e82f8daf746c7fe73108ec2cacbb60a.png

Last edited:

The Guide

Reaction score
Very interesting.

Will love to see if scaling is balanced well as it looks like a fun event.

Wonder if it will be too weak for scaling, or if scaling will be much too OP for premium spenders.

Would love to see a nice balance which would turn this into a fun recurring event!

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
personally would like it more if the use of pp was removed from it (heal and Revive)

and replaced with using the stolen goods gained from the dungeon itself

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We are looking forward to hearing your feedback! What are your thoughts on the event so far?

Let us know!

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Would like a better event shop.

Also i get the premise about how it stops masive PP usage due to the time it takes to play the event but i feel like that could have still been done better.

The event could have been a 4 day event instead of 14, and the currency earn rate per run would increase. Big spenders would still not be able to spend a ton due to it being time consuming, and everyone else would be able to spend what they want to without spending a lot of hours on it.

As for the mini game itself, it's a good mix of rng and strategy.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Hey guys!

We are looking forward to hearing your feedback! What are your thoughts on the event so far?

Let us know!

like I said on discord already, please tripple the cost of the guards but also tripple the rewards, this event literally sucks up every free minute of my time for the next 14 days because it takes so incredibly long to get any decent amount of stolen goods.

its a nice event but takes waaaay too much time.
also the items in the item shop are pretty bad. barely any war items. No war footing, no proper attack or defense boosters except copper axe/sword.
Silver War effort for 14k goods? nobody ever buys that. Should be golden for that price.

isnt there any chance u guys can hotix atleast the amount of time it takes to play the event? should be possible since the bugs also got hotfixed pretty fast.

You could rename the event into " I used to play Tribal Wars - Event" and it would fit perfectly. Because this minigame is taking me more time than playing the actual game

Last edited:

Varika

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the game function in its self but the numbers could be adjusted to make it a lot less monotonous, Perhaps making the rewards cost less stolen goods per item and increasing the cost per additional guard . Also Its no secret that any event is a massive power spike for those who wish to spend reasonable amounts of PP, how ever this event isn't gated PP wise in any way during the two weeks it runs and I'm not sure I personally think its particularly good for the game to be able to gain that much instant power for a relatively low cost, pretty much over night.

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Its way to cheap. Triple the cost of guards and don´t tripple the awards. It takes almost nothing to get too much out of this event. One of these event braeak a whole server..

Messenger of Peace

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
this event is too cheap pp wise and only take a lot of times but the amount of res packs players will get from it will be game breaking

The Guide

Reaction score
Good event, nothing needs changing ;) as someone who's manually completed 2500 levels I can say I enjoy it and find the challenge of optimizing paths to be thrilling... seems some people just like instant gratification though o_O

Deleted User - 848899906

Just another way for Inno to rip us off. The game is already pay to win we don't need another pay to win game installed into the existing pay to win game.

Lady Madelina

Reaction score
way too slow - if I played it on each of my worlds, plus the accounts I'm sitting, I'd not be able to do anything else. And the rewards are the same old, same old.... Inno, please come up with something different! Maybe PPs or something like that, but if I get one more piece of useless stuff in my inventory...

EasyFish

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
idk what happend but it hard to get pasted floor 5 since today, unless you spend pp to heal

so bad seems like more guard are added on first few floors. geuss you want more money and dont care about if the event is fun or not

Chiba

Reaction score
last update made it too hard and unplayable for players that are not using pp