Feedback Dynamic Nightbonus

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Night bonus shouldn't be a thing on an international server. First I want to say that the arguments given in the comments above that are against co playing are just retarded. I don't feel like it should be necessary for people to give up their real life in order to win in this game, thats why co playing exists. I don't want to be on tw all day so I get myself a co player and we split the times. If you want to solo and let the game dictate your life, you can do it but you gotta be pretty sad in your rl to do so.
People here are different nationalities. I dont want to play frontline against a tribe that sets night bonus for the time when I am awake and free to play this game, cause that would mean I either have to war the whole world with a disadvantage or sleep much less to attack when the circumstances are fair for both sides.

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Again, after the sniping thing comes another smart idea. There are so many good ideas on forum where players suggested, but you guys denied it and you are coming with something like that. Better put the option to send rams on barbarian villages from FA then this.
Now thats actually a good idea :D

Cthulhu

Reaction score
I've played this since Swe world V1, which is a couple of years (don't even remember how many, lol).
I have rarely heard of players playing co during these years, and I don't really know why the game should take that in consideration.
Is the game made for co-op play, is that actually the intention? I don't know, but I doubt it.
To me, this is not a big deal, but I prefer to choose my own night period, and I know many players that do.
Just my 5c.

DeletedUser123996

Night bonus shouldn't be a thing on an international server. First I want to say that the arguments given in the comments above that are against co playing are just retarded. I don't feel like it should be necessary for people to give up their real life in order to win in this game, thats why co playing exists. I don't want to be on tw all day so I get myself a co player and we split the times. If you want to solo and let the game dictate your life, you can do it but you gotta be pretty sad in your rl to do so.
People here are different nationalities. I dont want to play frontline against a tribe that sets night bonus for the time when I am awake and free to play this game, cause that would mean I either have to war the whole world with a disadvantage or sleep much less to attack when the circumstances are fair for both sides.

What, why does this matter when you have a co-op and your account is 24/7 ? And you dont need to sleep less, you have a co-op remember?

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
seems like an altered form of militia to me

now ill admit i didnt read all the comments
so if has been suggested/mentioned earlier just ignore

but would the following be possible:
exclude players that have a co-player from the night bonus??
could players who have set a sitter also be excluded from the night bonus??
dont allow outsiders to see which night bonus timeframe was chosen by players - seems counter-productive in the long run

essentially what im asking is can the night bonus settings be on worlds where co-playing is disabled (announced in world settings)
that way some players wont be able to take advantage of the defense bonus while remaining active 24/7
or
could a stacking penalty be put on accounts that are active for more then 12-16hrs a day??
which counteracts the night bonus - kinda like exhaustion

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Defending is already way more powerful in game than attacking. This would only further increase this gap. Between watchtowers to tell me what incs are real and fake, fake limits to limit my incs to typically below 1-2k, buffs for days (15%sp/sw, 15%sw, 25%ar, 15% hc, and 10% building), 10 pallies and their D boosts, plus a tribe buff, pping walls to 20 after every nuke hit, oh and lets not forget the new meta of flag doubling a 10% flag, and yet we need to add 100% d power for a third of the day, and then make it adjustable for every player? Are we trying to extend worlds forever, or just ruin attacking in this game? This feature in no way levels the playing field between co players and solo players. Accounts that are active 24/7 will be farming/scavaging all day, while solo accounts are not. And since res acquisition is basically the main separator between people in early game, outside of pp which can't be controlled, this does little to nothing to close that gap. If you are saying this should be implemented to bring more people to the game, ie the argument that cos would now have to play their own account, then you are wrong and going about the problem the wrong way. People will still co play, as pointed out, being active as much as possible for res looting and just having someone else to cover while you are busy will still be reasons to have cos. If you want more people and bigger worlds, then you need to provide incentive for new players and experienced players to interact in a meaningful way, not try to make the game easier in some way. yes tw can be hard at times, especially if you are new to the game, but it requiring skill/energy is what makes it worth spending that time. Work towards lowering the "skill" gap or whatever you want to call it by educating new players, such as making common used scripts part of the introduction to the game, or by providing incentives to experienced players to actually mentor new players, such as by shrinking tribe sizes, and allowing extra spots for "new" players from the current mentor system. Ideas that continue to try and "level the playing field" for new players during start-up will basically always become overpowered come mid-late game, where if you've lasted that long, you likely no longer need additional help.

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
For solo players complaining about needing the 8hrs of a night bonus, is that not why the game has the "account sitting" feature? Most people, even solo players, know someone in the opposite time zone of them, this is the international server after all, who can help sit them when they are getting heavily attacked during their own offline hours. A night bonus won't mean that you can be "offline" for 8hrs every day. I can still jump your frontline stacks if you are offline, and cat your midline villages you aren't online to dodge. Thus this feature as suggested would still require your account to be at least relatively active, even during your night bonus time, would be hugely taken advantage of during mid-end game as pointed out above by rotating night bonus times along a front, and is basically already covered by the in game function of account sitting.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
For solo players complaining about needing the 8hrs of a night bonus, is that not why the game has the "account sitting" feature? Most people, even solo players, know someone in the opposite time zone of them, this is the international server after all, who can help sit them when they are getting heavily attacked during their own offline hours. A night bonus won't mean that you can be "offline" for 8hrs every day. I can still jump your frontline stacks if you are offline, and cat your midline villages you aren't online to dodge. Thus this feature as suggested would still require your account to be at least relatively active, even during your night bonus time, would be hugely taken advantage of during mid-end game as pointed out above by rotating night bonus times along a front, and is basically already covered by the in game function of account sitting.

shouldnt the ingame feature of account sitting also apply to those accounts that choose to have a co-player instead
which is essentially a permanent account sitter with none of the disadvantages

besides im pretty sure the account sitting feature was around before co-players became the norm
so why did people begin to co-play in the first place when an ingame feature already existed that allowed them to do the exact same thing

most features that intend to help newer players are extremely exploitable to the more experienced players
usually due to either making things easier or due to the co-player aspect
new features will not improve the experiences of new players or the gameplay of experienced players
when the core/foundation itself is broken to begin with

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
No one says "solo players" can't have co players to help them out. Its their own choice at the end of the day. Solo playing has its own advantages, like not having to share decision making, etc, just like co playing has its advantages. You get to chose which you do in this game. In fact co players are perhaps the best way available to new players, who actually want to learn, to be able to both learn the basic mechanics of the game, gain access to the many scripts that experienced players use, and probably even more important, create and grow their tw contact list of people whom they meet and become friends with; can play future worlds with or give recommendations to others for getting into future premade tribes. As most experienced players are willing to take on new players willing to learn as cos, teaching them how to play and getting them "in the door" in the community. This is in fact probably the only realistic way for new players to break into premade tribes. As tribes that are realistically looking to win worlds, are rarely picking new players up out of the blue, does it happen, of course, but if you want to get more new players to play longer, then actually co playing is a great way to get them to become a part of the tw community as its something that provides a benefit to both experienced players (increased activity) and to new player (knowledge and connections).

mattcurr

At this point if you want to fix the coplaying issue you’d need to integrate it as a feature, it’s too engraved into the games culture and as they say “impossible to moderate “ which if that’strue then they should just support it in a way that makes it more accessible and safe. Separate passwords global bans on your account for greifing, separate payment since you’ll be on separate accounts sharing a world account limitations on how many accounts are on that. Meh a bunch of easy shitbthat should have been implemented you know 10 years ago when they decided to allow co playing

Lady Madelina

Reaction score
So now it looks like it will only help those who start after it launches? And those of us who are playing a world we started on its first day are, putting it indelicately, screwed?

SirCharles40

Reaction score
So now it looks like it will only help those who start after it launches? And those of us who are playing a world we started on its first day are, putting it indelicately, screwed?

It wont be starting on any active worlds just will be activated on some new worlds in the future

SirCharles40

Reaction score
No one says "solo players" can't have co players to help them out. Its their own choice at the end of the day. Solo playing has its own advantages, like not having to share decision making, etc, just like co playing has its advantages. You get to chose which you do in this game. In fact co players are perhaps the best way available to new players, who actually want to learn, to be able to both learn the basic mechanics of the game, gain access to the many scripts that experienced players use, and probably even more important, create and grow their tw contact list of people whom they meet and become friends with; can play future worlds with or give recommendations to others for getting into future premade tribes. As most experienced players are willing to take on new players willing to learn as cos, teaching them how to play and getting them "in the door" in the community. This is in fact probably the only realistic way for new players to break into premade tribes. As tribes that are realistically looking to win worlds, are rarely picking new players up out of the blue, does it happen, of course, but if you want to get more new players to play longer, then actually co playing is a great way to get them to become a part of the tw community as its something that provides a benefit to both experienced players (increased activity) and to new player (knowledge and connections).

I have to disagree with you here. I came here looking for a game that matched one I been playing for awhile til hackers destroyed it cause they couldn't win any other way. Other than being faster paced than this game and this having an end game senario it was the same, from having to build your villages up , train your troops, learn attacking patterns, join a tribe ect. . Yes you could lose a lot of villages over night but could regain them and more the next day if you was active enough. So you can only imagine the joy I had in finding a game that matched a game I loved so closely.

Where as co playing isnt actually a hack it does the same thing all hackers do and that is exploit a crack in the system to benefit yourself.

There was a lot to learn here I admit but perhaps I was lucky or just plain stupid enough to get some pity from some who gave me some tips to help keep me around. Mainly though I think it was the fun we had playing together and in chats. We didnt care what happened to us we were just a group of individuals here having fun. It took a couple of worlds but I started catching on to things I needed to know to grow better. Even then though with that knowledge I still didnt care what happened to me. We had fun whether we was growing or dying. That fun is what I miss most in this game these days. Ya'll take things way to serious.

I'm a solo player, I don't expect to take over the world but will have fun while I'm here. I'll leave the world conquest to ya'll who can't handle playing solo. pffft

El Bahattee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What, why does this matter when you have a co-op and your account is 24/7 ? And you dont need to sleep less, you have a co-op remember?
Ahhhh so you're slow eh?
You see, I also want to play and enjoy the game while Im awake and he can play and enjoy it while I sleep. You understand?

Reaction score
I would be willing to try it for a server, but am not convinced that the time zones picked are good for anyone outside Europe. I am EST and would like to sleep between 04:00 and 12:00. 0:00 to 8:00 means people can hit me starting at 3:00am. 8:00 to 16:00 means I can’t sleep more than 3 hours. So I couldn’t play a server seriously without a co-player.

IF the timezones were more appropriate, it might encourage more solo play and thus more accounts on the servers. But fewer
players on each account means the accounts are less active, so the tribe size might need to increase somewhat.

I would not want to see this on every server, and view it as an alternative to other features like watchtowers (which I hate playing with).

.Lucifer.

I have seen some games that have a shield effect which would be like a buff that is found in events that protects their village from attacks for 12 hours. Its very hard to get this perk and you cant just buy it with PP. i think this could be implemented where a player would on average have 3 per world and can use it when emergency issues arise. Like a 12 hour BP that can be activated 3x per world per player

.Lucifer.

i think everyone would be happier with this. it wouldnt affect to community as a whole but can help the individual when needed

Reaction score
I have also seen “shields”. Was a “Dove of Peace” I think, and sorta suspended the account for 48 hours. There were limits like once every 30? days or something. Any attacks already inbound still landed, but new attacks and troop movement within the account were both suspended. So you couldn’t call timeout to get your account prepped, but could plan to be off for an important real life event.