Feedback Dynamic Nightbonus

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I find it rather ironic that co players who found a crack in the system to abuse that changed the game are now complaining about attempts to try and fix it.
The co-play system is essential for the very competitive style of players. I don't think it is an abuse, in fact its rather clever. So it is essential that those worlds will continue to preserve a place for the Co-Played profiles. However I think it will be good to have a world where the single owner can cope easier with the time demand. We may even find some co-owned profiles taking on the world as single owners in groups or pods. Use the sleep time and account sitting features to maximum effect for their pod. It will put a new dimension into the game on specific sleep time enabled worlds.

SirCharles40

Reaction score
It would not be a new dimemsion to the game since that is the way the game was meant to be played til some found they could share an account to maximize their villages growth.

DeletedUser116724

This shield people are talking about, (essentially putting your account into sleep mode for several hours) is already used in TW. It’s used on some longer speed rounds. You select an 8 hour period and you account goes untouchable and inactive for that period. It would cause too many problems on a slower world tho, the negatives would far outweigh the positives.

It seems to me what quite a large number of players want is a limited playing time world.

The only way to achieve this fairly is to have a totally new server. Each world is active for a set 8 hours a day and people choose what 8 hour period suits them long term and play that world

World 1 - 0:00:00 - 08:00:00
World 2 - 08:00:00 - 16:00:00
World 3 - 16:00:00 - 24:00:00
Etc
Etc
Etc

This really wouldn’t inconvenience anyone. Won’t upset and current servers, and won’t upset any of the current player base.

It’s just a different way of giving solo players what they desire - 16 hours of complete downtime everyday without risk of losing anything and with equal opportunity for everyone who plays that world.

It’s kinda perfect for a large section of the player base

dzippe

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This shield people are talking about, (essentially putting your account into sleep mode for several hours) is already used in TW. It’s used on some longer speed rounds. You select an 8 hour period and you account goes untouchable and inactive for that period. It would cause too many problems on a slower world tho, the negatives would far outweigh the positives.

It seems to me what quite a large number of players want is a limited playing time world.

The only way to achieve this fairly is to have a totally new server. Each world is active for a set 8 hours a day and people choose what 8 hour period suits them long term and play that world

World 1 - 0:00:00 - 08:00:00
World 2 - 08:00:00 - 16:00:00
World 3 - 16:00:00 - 24:00:00
Etc
Etc
Etc

This really wouldn’t inconvenience anyone. Won’t upset and current servers, and won’t upset any of the current player base.

It’s just a different way of giving solo players what they desire - 16 hours of complete downtime everyday without risk of losing anything and with equal opportunity for everyone who plays that world.

It’s kinda perfect for a large section of the player base
There is a problem how many players would play that server. Not so many. They shut down so many servers cuz there were not a large amount of players who plays it and merge Intro International Server. A new Server cost money and that won't be done from Innogames

Deleted User - 11526901

Can we get an ETA for seeing this feature appear on game worlds?

I would be very interested to see how this plays out. It honestly is an awesome Idea, this game has stolen my sleep cycle again, and if one more alarm wakes my girlfriend up so I can snipe and back time an attack she's probably going to stab me lol

I agree we should be able to pick our own 8 hour zone, with a 7 day cool down for when you are allowed to change.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
With this being introduced again I'll say my goodbyes. Will play out W111 but you won't see me doing anything other than PP farming on new worlds.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

the previously announced Night Bonus settings for EN are now complete! We got a lot of feedback and took all of it into consideration. Most important to you, and obviously for us as well, is the biggest elephant in the room: Instead of getting the choice of three 8-hour windows for the defensive bonus, you will now be able to choose which hour you would like your personal bonus to begin.

We will use this setting for world starts on EN live worlds in May, so you can already plan for it accordingly. If you want to check out how it works, feel free to join our Beta server - we would be happy to hear your feedback after you tried it - be it positive or negative (or, you know, bugs if you find'em).

Thank you,
Your Tribal Wars Team

We want to hear your feedback! Let us know! Our development team is finalizing this feature and we require your input!

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Not everyone has co players and shouldn’t need to rely on that. Yes people take the game seriously and some semi seriously and some play it basically to waste time.

it’s a good idea but definitely some improvements needed. Hence them posting a discussion thread right? To voice concerns?

grave maker

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
As long as there is a regular rotation between night bonus and non night bonus, I think it's okay. If one world is night bonus and the next is non bonus, cool. I think a lot of people like the strategy of needing to be 'on' 24/7. I suppose it adds a skill factor, for lack of a better word, for players who are more dedicated than others. Plenty of people set alarms during the night, and if you aren't a serious player, you won't. This update shifts the balance of power more into the favor of non-serious players, which may be good or bad for game population, it will be hard to know until it is implemented. But it is true that this probably will hurt the serious player population, which is pretty much what continues to drive TW.

If you want a normal TW world, you can wait until the rotation brings one. As long as these settings alternate frequently, and it's not like we see 3 night bonus worlds for every 1 non-night bonus world, I can't (hopefully) see it being a big issue.

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It adds it both ways like you said. Setting alarms or attack periods and a safety net for those who need that time off for things from kids to meetings to let’s say accidents, real life whilst we all move forward safely.

But definitely regulated. It can always be changed and modified once installed.

Definitely a flag type timer cool down period so I can’t just activate it as I’m being attacked. 14 days is to long, 7 too short, 10 days?

Perhaps a block for if you have an incoming or 4, you can’t activate or change it to protect from last minute attacks. Perhaps a few options for the activation of the ability?

Last edited:

c.a.l.m

Reaction score
Don't see how this helps new players/solo players...If anything, it's huge help for co-played accounts and very abusable

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Not if modified right.

The hours could be cut. Not everyone is here on the game 24/7. Not everyone has a co player.

Even a 4 hour gap knowing you’re half protected...?

Messenger of Peace

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
for prevent from being abused when you set your sleep time you shouldn't be able to change it at all;set the time just one time because sleep time of a normal human will not have a major shift maybe one or two hours but it has a same pattern;allowing to change nightbonus will only help co played account

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It is I think what with @JawJaw posting recently.

Suggest something different or a better system? We can’t all have co players and play it for life, we all ( well myself ) spend a lot of time playing as is. I know for certain I’d be at peace knowing I’m half safe for at least a few hours each night after all the work I put in. Especially with tribes mates.

Circumstances change, new job, life goals, other things? So I think it should be changeable but not at a very quick interval at all perhaps quarterly? 3 months? You make a valid point @Messenger of Peace

8 hours is too much though I do agree with the protection rate, maybe 4?

Wouldn’t take anyone long to work out when the enemy has it activated and plan accordingly. Right?

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You think it should be that extreme?

I agree though ban co playing all together. Hate it personally. With a passion.
Fairer games more even and for a lack of a better word posturing for war or fighting. Though twstats would give you away almost immediately without account manager?

Last edited:

TW.PLAYER

Reaction score
With this being introduced again I'll say my goodbyes. Will play out W111 but you won't see me doing anything other than PP farming on new worlds.
Why would you still be PP farming on new worlds if your not going to play after W111 ? How much PP do you need for a world these days.

The Roman Empire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Why would you still be PP farming on new worlds if your not going to play after W111 ? How much PP do you need for a world these days.

Well it can never hurt to get more PP, to boost walls or move paladins around quickly. That doesnt cost much per time you do it, but if you do it enough ..

GeeGee

Reaction score
Well it can never hurt to get more PP, to boost walls or move paladins around quickly. That doesnt cost much per time you do it, but if you do it enough ..

I think his point is more what do you need PP for if youre saying goodbye to the game.
you cant spend pp in real life unfortunately.