Feedback Game Updates

wibo08

Because it helps cater to the crowds that:

1. Play from mobile app
2. Have poor internet
3. Do not know what a snipe is or how to snipe
4. Are not able to stare a screen for every second of the day to send snipes out at the exact second that they need to be sent.

This feature was brilliant, it helped the 90% of the people that play who have actual lives. The other 10% came here to moan and cry about not being able to get their jollies off attacking players who don’t know how to snipe.

@JawJaw don’t listen to this lot, half of them are trash players anyways. Makes sense though, if I was a trash player I’d be furious about losing my advantages too.

The forums are only a small percentage of the players. #bringitback
1. It is not harder to snipe from the app, while i prefer to use browser even when playing mobile because of the feeling.
2. Poor internet screws you up, as it should on a game that is partly based on activity. Did you miss a snipe because your internet sucked? I'm sorry, but that happens. It does not mean we should remove snipes altogether.
3. You do not know what a snipe is? Then you will also not know how to use a feature like this implemented in tw. I have tried to teach a lot of people how to (c)snipe, in my experience those who want to learn, learn it easily. Those who do not want to learn, also won't understand this feature.
4. Like point 2, it happens. I've spend ages playing on accounts that were undermanned. If i have had to choose between an easy snipe option like this (where the acc should still be manned), or losing some villages, i would rather lose some villages.

But hey, that is just my opinion as someone who had the most fun on tw while deffing an account without any future.

Also, why am i listed as well-known member? I have played 1 world on .net?

Last edited by a moderator:

0.2 Percent Nigerian

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You have just stated defending isn't even hard these days so what's your issue with an update that helps relieve stress and time. Like look at Trex and Babin. This game resulted in them having to take anti-depressants just to survive now. We can not allow even more players to end up like them. TribalWars understands this and they also understand that mental health is a serious issue. Having to stress for hours staring at the clock is extremely unhealthy. I don't understand why so many people are crying about this update. That is pretty much indicating you are supporting players to become mentally disabled like some players who already are because of this game.
To bad that you couldn't stare at that clock when fresh sent those trains at your account Smurfy. Rippers kid, way to waste money. Seems your P2W didn't actually get you that W. Maybe next world will be your next world you're known for? What have you done for the community and or in the game in years. Just one of those washed up has been players. I think you should retire with your good buddy balian.

DeAdMaX

I think he was just trolling, if not there is still hope for him and others who liked the update as I’m sure it was not the end of delayed time support idea and it will come back to us in some form. Hopefully they will roll it not as a permanent feature but as an option for very few selected worlds like we have with churches.

As for now it was great to see so many of dinosaurs coming out of the closet to speak up against the update. It was very entertaining, a nice example of community engagement. Hats down to Inno for taking our opinions into considerations. They made the decision very quickly in our favour. Hopefully they will start valuing player feedback more and any new features will be discussed prior to implementation.

Forum activity is another matter. The forums haven’t been in the best shape for some time , but instead of blaming players Inno should be more proactive and bring some old ideas back. 2 years ago some forum personalities were engaged to discuss revival of forums. There were plenty of great ideas like TW Vlogs, blogs, community news, interviews, fan art etc. what happened to that? You left it to the players to do, cmon we need some support here. You could use forum as a promotion for the game on Facebook so there is value for Inno to put some resources into the forums.
Just some ideas that cake to me with the 2nd morning coffee.

P.S.
Cheers JawJaw
Because it helps cater to the crowds that:

1. Play from mobile app
2. Have poor internet
3. Do not know what a snipe is or how to snipe
4. Are not able to stare a screen for every second of the day to send snipes out at the exact second that they need to be sent.

This feature was brilliant, it helped the 90% of the people that play who have actual lives. The other 10% came here to moan and cry about not being able to get their jollies off attacking players who don’t know how to snipe.

@JawJaw don’t listen to this lot, half of them are trash players anyways. Makes sense though, if I was a trash player I’d be furious about losing my advantages too.

The forums are only a small percentage of the players. #bringitback

1. I only play from mobile. I have no problems hitting snipes, infact it's easier.

2. Internet fails happen get over it.

3. If they dont know what a snipe is they should learn. The reason they wanted to put the feature on in the 1st place.

4. Everyone is able to set an alarm for launch times, no one actually sits and watches the clock for hours on end, your grasping at straws bud.

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
1. I only play from mobile. I have no problems hitting snipes, infact it's easier.

2. Internet fails happen get over it.

3. If they dont know what a snipe is they should learn. The reason they wanted to put the feature on in the 1st place.

4. Everyone is able to set an alarm for launch times, no one actually sits and watches the clock for hours on end, your grasping at straws bud.
1. I strictly play from mobile as well. Never had a problem either. I’m talking about new people who play from mobile, not you specifically. And if it’s so easy, why not make it entirely more accessible? Are you worried about not getting as many easy villages?

2. I’m not talking about internet fails, I’m referring to people who live in rural areas with poor internet, and people who play from mobile app that may live in spotty coverage.

3.That’s a horrible counter argument. I’m sure you’re intelligent enough to realize that.

4. I’m referring to people who have children and have jobs. Anyone with a life knows how difficult it is to be online at the exact times they need to be to send snipes. If you’ve never had this problem then I’m simply saying you have no life, unlike the other 90% of the people who play the game. Example: at my job I usually work with a team, because of this we all have to work at the same pace. Usually I’m able to check my phone almost every 15 minutes, but I can’t choose what time during those 15 minutes that I check my phone. It’s random. So, chances are I can’t send the snipe at the exact time when I need to, but if I had a 5 minute zone of when I could send a snipe then my chances are much higher. Same thing when I’m with my child. When I’m with my daughter I can’t simply stop what I’m doing all the time to send a snipe out, it would be nice to have a 5 minute window there to choose the most appropriate time to pull my phone out and send a snipe.

Not straws mate, they’re all valid. I just think you’re a bit closed-minded. Not much point in talking about now though.

I bet you can’t even snipe bro.

Last edited:

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The reason why delaying support time is bad:

It is not hard to learn to snipe. A new player if they want to become better will at some point learn what it takes to snipe a train and practice multiple times in order to perfect it. A delay of sending support will not help the player with their timing. There will come a day when support is not available to send beforehand. Let's say that a player is going to noble their village from 2 fields away with no self support or tribe support available.

In this scenario, the best thing to do would be cancel snipe. Yet a new player who has never had to time their support before would not know how to do this effectively because they haven't practiced. The game has always done it for them. It's also possible the player has no idea what cancel sniping is. By implementing a delay of support, you are catering to players who are too impatient to take the time to learn the mechanics of the game. You're not helping them, you are hurting them.

Additionally, the delay of support now makes it to where the player doesn't even need to be sitting in front of the computer during launch time. How is that fair? The attacker still has to be sitting at the computer in order to launch attacks. Now if you were to implement this joke of an update, all a defender has to do in order to defend is see the push notification on their phone, set up their support, and not even have to be present when the support is sent. Now in the prior paragraph I did say new players would be hurt by this. Understand that I am referring to long term implications rather than short term. In this paragraph I'm talking about short term implications. On the short term, the defender has an unfair advantage over the attacker because they don't even have to be in front of the computer or looking at the phone screen when support needs to be sent. The attacker however, has to be online and attacking.

Now you might say "well we can counter that unfair advantage by allowing attacks to do the exact same thing - be delayed to launch at another time." That idea is even far worse. Now instead of having skill, all any player has to do is set up attacks or defenses without any kind of strategy at all. They don't even have to be in front of their computer or looking at the screen on their phone. Again, how is this fair? How is this intended to keep veteran players continuing to play the game? How will new players learn about different game mechanics when suddenly the game just does everything for them? And I didn't even touch on how this could affect farming. Now suddenly people can set farming attacks without even being on the computer as they are launched. Is this what you really want the game to become?

Deleted User - 10618707

Could you all carry out this update on all worlds. I need a reason to not feel bad about playing tw again

nakal

Reaction score
The reason why delaying support time is bad:

Additionally, the delay of support now makes it to where the player doesn't even need to be sitting in front of the computer during launch time. How is that fair? The attacker still has to be sitting at the computer in order to launch attacks. Now if you were to implement this joke of an update, all a defender has to do in order to defend is see the push notification on their phone, set up their support, and not even have to be present when the support is sent. Now in the prior paragraph I did say new players would be hurt by this. Understand that I am referring to long term implications rather than short term. In this paragraph I'm talking about short term implications. On the short term, the defender has an unfair advantage over the attacker because they don't even have to be in front of the computer or looking at the phone screen when support needs to be sent. The attacker however, has to be online and attacking.

Max. delay time 5 minutes.

lf6h41i.png

Last edited:

DeAdMaX

1. I strictly play from mobile as well. Never had a problem either. I’m talking about new people who play from mobile, not you specifically. And if it’s so easy, why not make it entirely more accessible? Are you worried about not getting as many easy villages?

2. I’m not talking about internet fails, I’m referring to people who live in rural areas with poor internet, and people who play from mobile app that may live in spotty coverage.

3.That’s a horrible counter argument. I’m sure you’re intelligent enough to realize that.

4. I’m referring to people who have children and have jobs. Anyone with a life knows how difficult it is to be online at the exact times they need to be to send snipes. If you’ve never had this problem then I’m simply saying you have no life, unlike the other 90% of the people who play the game. Example: at my job I usually work with a team, because of this we all have to work at the same pace. Usually I’m able to check my phone almost every 15 minutes, but I can’t choose what time during those 15 minutes that I check my phone. It’s random. So, chances are I can’t send the snipe at the exact time when I need to, but if I had a 5 minute zone of when I could send a snipe then my chances are much higher. Same thing when I’m with my child. When I’m with my daughter I can’t simply stop what I’m doing all the time to send a snipe out, it would be nice to have a 5 minute window there to choose the most appropriate time to pull my phone out and send a snipe.

Not straws mate, they’re all valid. I just think you’re a bit closed-minded. Not much point in talking about now though.

Mate I have 2 kids work full time and coach my kids basketball team. Imo you just want a lazy option that requires no skill. Maybe you dont have the skillz required and that's why you for it.
You would still need to make launch plans to know when ur 5 min window is. And you would still need to be online at a specific time to launch weather u have a 5 min window or not.

Ur counter arguments are invalid imo.

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Mate if you think sniping is a skill then you’re seriously delusional. Get a grip.

You would still need to make launch plans to know when ur 5 min window is. And you would still need to be online at a specific time to launch weather u have a 5 min window or not
Thanks for supporting my side!

Mulm

hope you're trolling.

Basil Fawlty

If you don't have enough time to play this game then simply don't play it. Or play the game and be super bad at it which apparently you already are.

Just because you got handful of kids at home doesn't means that you need to be given any extra benefit than those who are actually spending a lot of time playing the game properly and not just sucking at it, unlike you.

And even if this stupid ass feature did get implemented I am sure you would still be a gahbage player like you are atm.

Btw don't go broadcasting that you are strictly mobile player. You already are below average at this game, do want to make it even worse? Because now if I ever find you in mid game or late game I'll make sure you receiving few thousand dozens of incomings and then good luck dodging and sniping using your phone.

So stop wasting your time arguing about how the feature would have helped noobs like you and invest that time on fixing your gameplay.

"I need an in-game automated sniping tool. Why?? Coz I got KIDS!!" lmfao

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Update to version 8.191

Dear Community,
Our new update to version 8.191 will be released on Monday, november 18th and it will contain the following:

Changes and Improvements

Strongholds
From now on, each level of the strongholds will increase the duration of the tribe skills by 10%.

Feedback

If you want to share your feedback with us, you can do so in this thread.

Your Tribal Wars Team

seroxy5

Reaction score
With the update you can choose to share information with "aristocracy". Even though I could probably guess it is Duke and Baron, it might not be clear to everyone (this is the first time I see the word in this game). I would suggest to add it on the help page under abbreviations. If "academy tribe" has a spot there, then "aristocracy" should too.

https://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Abbreviations

mellofax

Reaction score
With the update you can choose to share information with "aristocracy". Even though I could probably guess it is Duke and Baron, it might not be clear to everyone (this is the first time I see the word in this game). I would suggest to add it on the help page under abbreviations. If "academy tribe" has a spot there, then "aristocracy" should too.

https://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Abbreviations

Thank you for your suggestion. We have added it to the wiki