Feedback Game Updates

HelloHeidy

Reaction score
According to what JawJaw said in my ticket
A) they couldn't keep legacy code going so the map style most of us used, by the way this thread sounds is gone and that is why they got rid of the option to choose
B) Its not the map that is the issue. The real issue is 'our dislike of change'

Doesnt matter that people are complaining of issues with headaches and so on and people are talking about quitting as it is effecting them physically, its all our fault for not liking change.

Aretas

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If it was really something though that they could no longer support, then why is my mobile map still the same "non-classic" map from before and its only my comp map that has changed? (I have an iPhone instead of android). Seems like if they can support the old map on 1 platform, they would be able to support it on other platforms.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
If it was really something though that they could no longer support, then why is my mobile map still the same "non-classic" map from before and its only my comp map that has changed? (I have an iPhone instead of android). Seems like if they can support the old map on 1 platform, they would be able to support it on other platforms.
The issue is that they could no longer support the option to choose maps, so they attempted to make a map that would please everyone. If I'm understanding it right.

YeOlde Raven

Reaction score
If they could no longer support the option to choose maps then why not ask us our preference instead of mixing stuff together.
If three peoples favourite foods were barbeque, sprouts and chocolate you wouldn't make barbeque chocolate sprouts would you?

Zafi

Reaction score
The issue is that they could no longer support the option to choose maps, so they attempted to make a map that would please everyone. If I'm understanding it right.

I dont know a lot about programming, so I would be grateful if someone can explain to me why this option is no longer possible. As far as my understanding goes I view it as just a button to replace images on the map. Thank you for clarification
As someone said before - I dont care about outdated classic style graphics but please give me the option to switch back to "newer" graphics. And as a person with quite considarable eye problems I won't modify everything else on my computer just to get a map that still wont be as effective as it was before for me.

Last edited:

DJ300

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Personally i like the new map but there are some things that can still be made to stand out more, the 3000 point+ villages loook way to like the higher 9000+ villages maybe changing the wall color slightly and raising the size of the 9k villages so they stand out would help? I can see why it might be confusing to look at for some people. it isn't as easy to distinguish the villages as it was on the classic tribalwars map or the previous graphics map.

Lord Batan

blocked
Reaction score
90 % of people say the map is terrible. So make it back or make an option to have classic wavie. You can't see s**** on this map, it hurt ayes. It looks like game on commodore 64 for god sake.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
To come back on my previous post, I made an alteration to how the current map looks like to showcase the effect of simply changing the color scheme of the villages would have:

difference.png

Aliesh

Reaction score
"We currently stand by our reasoning to keep this one, unified map, but we also will continue to read your comments."

Then continoue read this mapview a shit and do nothing. Ofc, but when players paid for premiumpoints then you are all happy.

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
"We currently stand by our reasoning to keep this one, unified map, but we also will continue to read your comments."

Then continoue read this mapview a shit and do nothing. Ofc, but when players paid for premiumpoints then you are all happy.

how do you come to that conclusion? The fact they are keeping this one doesn't mean they won't tweak it after feedback. No reason to start insulting.

Deleted User - 10994045

I think the hate on the new map is a little bit over the top, altho I do agree it can use some 'tweaking' to make it more readable, and more in line with the older assets.

The main problem I have with the new assets is the color scheme:

OldNewMy suggestionSuggestion pushed even further
FK4ns.png
FK4nL.png
FK4oi.png
FK5ai.png

Right now it's very hard to tell the difference between villages (going to mention bonus village glow, that could use a bit of an increase too).

But for some reason the color scheme/saturation difference between a medium/big village got removed, which made the old map so readable. While lvl20-30 buildings have a darker roof on the village overview as well, it would make sense for the assets for the bigger villages to be a darker shade as well.

Overall, I think the new assets DO look better, but with some minor tweaking like the suggestion I made, could be a lot more readable.
You perfectly put into words my issue with this map, that's all I was trying to get at, that the villages blend together now, with variations that aren't too unique from each other aside from some thicker outlines, making it incredibly difficult for (some have said excessive) long term map use.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

we are aware that the recent change for the map screen caused some confusion towards the new map graphics. To better explain why we decided for this change, and to give you some more insight into our motivation for the new map screen, we wanted to take a few minutes to expand on a few key points.

One important thought when going for the new map design was a very technical one. We wanted to have one unified map graphic within the game. Previously, if we did even a minor change on the map screen, it affected multiple map styles, and all of them had to be accounted for properly. With the new, unified single map, edits or new map features and changes will be a lot more easier to implement on both browser and mobile. It will speed up production time and development speed in the future. This opens up the possibility of what we can do with the map in the future. And, of course, it will hopefully be much faster for everyone to implement community suggestions and other additions to the game.

We currently stand by our reasoning to keep this one, unified map, but we also will continue to read your comments.

The resolution changes on the map might not be immediately noticeable if you're mainly playing on browser or smaller screens, but we're very happy about how the game now supports better clarity on high fidelity monitors and phone screens. As the new map graphics reach mobile, you can zoom into your map and everything should stay way more readable and crisp than it did before. And given that screen resolutions will only go up from here on out, we feel that this is a very important step to keep Tribal Wars timely, even over 15 years after it originally launched.

And, of course, while we're talking about history: Our entire team loves Tribal Wars and it's decade-old impact within the gaming history, not only within InnoGames, but also for players around the world. We truly did want to have a map that goes back to the original models while still being technically more modern - in a way going back to our roots. This is why we decided for approaching the new map like a classic remaster of sorts.

Throughout this feedback topic we have noticed several people mention issues with the color schemes and having trouble differentiating different point-villages from each other as they did in the past. This feedback has been noted and we will discuss the possibilities internally. We really thank you for bringing this constructive feedback to our attention!

We hope we could clear up the situation a bit and explain where the map change was coming from.
Please continue to tell us what you think, and if you have specific ideas to improve the current map, put them up for discussion and let us know!

Your Tribal Wars Team

vndhl

Reaction score
From what you said I understand that the opinion of many of us doesn't matter ,YOU are only going to read it and .... flush it. Many of us complain about the map not because it's ugly or sometimes u can't differentiate between villages of different points ,many of us complain about the map because the village itself it gives u a blurry vision which gives you some real headaches after looking at the map for a few seconds ,but hey , you're going to read about it and then flush it .... thank you for being honest and don;t care about our opinion and you will keep this one because you are TW and know better .

Ty o_O

Last edited:

DeletedUser124724

I think it is time that Inno needs to remember who pays the bills. It is us the customer. So get off your high horse and do something about these terrible graphics.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
From what you said I understand that the opinion of many of us doesn't matter ,YOU are only going to read it and .... flush it. Many of us complain about the map not because it's ugly or sometimes u can't differentiate between villages of different points ,many of us complain about the map because the village itself it gives u a blurry vision which gives you some real headaches after looking at the map for a few seconds ,but hey , you're going to read about it and then flush it .... thank you for being honest and don;t care about our opinion and you will keep this one because you are TW and know better .

Ty o_O

I am not sure what gave you this impression. We just clarified why it was done so our reasoning could be understood. Besides this, I even specifically mentioned that we are reading through the feedback and that we will discuss options internally (which is not limited to color schemes and the differentiating). Next, we have also specifically pointed out that we expect you to continue giving us feedback (possibly with alternative solutions keeping our reasoning in mind), so we can review it.

Your comment is therefore quite aggressive and uncalled for. Please keep in mind we're all grown ups that are open for discussion and debate. There is no need to throw mud when a constructive discussion can be held. Obviously, both parties (which includes yourself!) need to be open for that. I am not sure how you expect us to actively engage in a constructive discussion if the first thing you do is throw mud and make entirely incorrect assumptions. That simply is not how the world works.

Thank you for your understanding and for being so passionate about the game.

@Sasha
Please clarify in depth what you mean with "do something"? We can "do" a lot of things, among which keep an unchanged version. Please try to be detailed about what you believe is wrong, why it is wrong and how you suggest we change it (and do not just come with "just give us back the old ones", but also consider alternatives).

Tarrasbulba

Reaction score
I dont know why put so much attention to the buldings in the village. You can litteraly see every building which completely distract your view. Distinguishing between villages marked by different colors is nearly impossible. It may not pose that much issue on slow worlds, but on speed rounds it really sucks.
Furthermore, it is true that new graphic map causes the headache, I will probably hire a scientist to prove it using a scientific method, and to publish a paper about that topic, so we could complain to the World Health Organization, since mods and developers dont really care.

cotr

Reaction score
We just clarified why it was done so our reasoning could be understood.
"Why" was never the issue. The technical and nostalgic decisions make sense. "How" it was done and the effects on UX are the issues.

open for discussion and debate.
More often than not, this is false. It's mostly mods telling us what the heads above have already decided to do while we get to be QA testers and suggest changes - of which relatively few and inconsequential ones pass.

Was it really too much effort to mock up some concept art or a prototype for 5 veterans to test? At least 3 of them would have told you the issue immediately and we avoid all this.

Every single major release goes down this path on some level...

There is no need to throw mud when a constructive discussion can be held.
Maybe mud would not be thrown if constructive discussions were being held?

You replied to this thread as if to say "we hear the issues you are experiencing". However, all you effectively did was just dismissively sidestep the part people were complaining about so that you could further justify what was done. No one has an issue with the technical and nostalgic parts.

Throughout this feedback topic we have noticed several people mention issues with the color schemes and having trouble differentiating different point-villages from each other as they did in the past. This feedback has been noted and we will discuss the possibilities internally. We really thank you for bringing this constructive feedback to our attention!
This should have been the first and only line you needed to write but instead it feels like it was included because you knew you'd get even more backlash if you didn't. It also feels pretty hollow because it's not like we've ever heard "we'll discuss the possibilities internally" before and been left waiting.

Triggered by these forums and wasted my time once again... What a circus!

DeletedUser124724

I am not sure what gave you this impression. We just clarified why it was done so our reasoning could be understood. Besides this, I even specifically mentioned that we are reading through the feedback and that we will discuss options internally (which is not limited to color schemes and the differentiating). Next, we have also specifically pointed out that we expect you to continue giving us feedback (possibly with alternative solutions keeping our reasoning in mind), so we can review it.

Your comment is therefore quite aggressive and uncalled for. Please keep in mind we're all grown ups that are open for discussion and debate. There is no need to throw mud when a constructive discussion can be held. Obviously, both parties (which includes yourself!) need to be open for that. I am not sure how you expect us to actively engage in a constructive discussion if the first thing you do is throw mud and make entirely incorrect assumptions. That simply is not how the world works.

Thank you for your understanding and for being so passionate about the game.

@Sasha
Please clarify in depth what you mean with "do something"? We can "do" a lot of things, among which keep an unchanged version. Please try to be detailed about what you believe is wrong, why it is wrong and how you suggest we change it (and do not just come with "just give us back the old ones", but also consider alternatives).
I see you are back on your horse. I would love to be able to make a comment on your graphics but unfortunately I am not a Graphic Artist, but then upon looking at what you have given us, neither are you.