Feedback Game Updates

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
so we have the attack breaks, instead artificially extending the world. players could flag farm during this period of time.
they could of atleast implemented it in the new year...

and on w112, were you in the winning tribe?
My account finished 1st, yes. I didn't play in the final couple of months though.

Attack breaks allow everybody to focus on spending time with family & friends - which is more important than gaining flags I'd hope - and no risk of opponents gaining an advantage.

WarriorElite

Reaction score
So I can’t even earn flags from defeating opponents either? I think admin need to change this. If you don’t want people from gaining flags through nobles then fine but stopping players from earning flags after defeating opponents is counter productive. I might as well not attack anyone. Admin need to change the rules so it makes it fair for all players.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Instead of the mods doing their actual job and deciding if a world is being delayed to flag farm based on it's context, you are slapping an arbitrary rule which is going to hurt players who are actually playing the world, instead of turtling and flag farming.

The fact that the rule stays in place after dominance has reached is quite bad. At least allow people to flag farm once the end of the world is on a countdown.

If you found that players were flag farming instead of pushing their dominance from 58 to 60 percent for X amount of weeks, you can issue a punishment on that world. What does the specific behaviour of players have to do with the community as a whole?

WarriorElite

Reaction score
So I don’t even get a flag for getting a daily achievement.
can the mods please make this fair ? How is gaining a flag from Defeating opponents and achieving a flag from the daily achievements making this world last longer then it should?

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The flag farm update imo should have solely focused on the production of a noble / getting a flag for doing so.

I would also suggest that further updates of similar nature have some attributable data next to it. Would help sell the idea further.

a the great

Reaction score
If you are constantly relocating nobles for strategic reasons, why then are you complaining about not getting flags for doing this? Your strategy has nothing to do with intentional flag farming...which is the entire point of this improvement.

Also, you were talking about making the game 'fair'. You're ignoring the actual purpose. This improvement is to stop players deliberately dragging out worlds by taking away the benefit of doing so.

It's best to stick to a single debate topic rather than what-about-ism.

Personally I like this change and feel it's been a long time coming. I was getting almost 1000 flags a day at one point on w112; it's complete overkill.
ok, so let me get this straight, you farmed 1,000 flags a day, got all your black flags, and now you want to ruin it for the other players who actually DON'T flag farm.
got it.
maybe you should just keep your 2 cents to yourself...
*tosses a nickel your way*
"keep the change, you obviously need it to win."
pay-to-play players were never there in the beginning. it was always the veterans with the skill to learn the game, find a BETTER way to proceed, (like T-train, sniping, backtiming, and cancel sniping), and then further the game by teaching other players.
(i was mentoring long before it appeared as a game option, just sharing knowledge to other players because we "all had a first day".).

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
ok, so let me get this straight, you farmed 1,000 flags a day, got all your black flags, and now you want to ruin it for the other players who actually DON'T flag farm.
got it.
maybe you should just keep your 2 cents to yourself...

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. No need to tell people to keep their thoughts to themselves on a feedback thread.

To put my position in perspective, I didn't flag farm intentionally. I built 400-500 nobles across a frontline and threw them at the enemy a couple of times a day to cause headaches. Rebuilding and relaunching nobles, plus all the OD gains, gained me a ridiculous number of flags.

I didn't see any value in flags being gained for doing this; it seemed like overkill at the time. And I definitely don't agree with anybody playing purely to flag farm to gain advantages on a future world. I don't think flags should be being gained after the world gets to a certain point, as that just hurts newer players more than anything else as the benefits players have when they have large flag counts stockpiled just increases comparatively to everybody else each time.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I just find it interesting how Innogames ignores the rights of people playing in the current situation in order to bring in a new dispensation. At the cost of people who have invested in purchasing premium to enjoy the functions of the current dispensation. You sell me a burger and take back the trimmings while I am eating.

If you want to reduce the lifespan of the casual worlds by losing the players on it, that actually play casually, then this will definitely achieve that. If you want to lose the casual style of player to permanently shrink your client base, then this change will most likely also achieve that.

How about you compensate me by refunding and cancelling my last premium purchase and then I can stop playing right now.

And why don't you simply set an end date on the casual worlds. End game phase ends on dominance or 180 days?

So I can’t even earn flags from defeating opponents either? I think admin need to change this. If you don’t want people from gaining flags through nobles then fine but stopping players from earning flags after defeating opponents is counter productive. I might as well not attack anyone. Admin need to change the rules so it makes it fair for all players.
Do you really think that fairness is one of the check boxes in the process that these kind of decisions go through? Lets see.

The reason for stopping earning progress flags is to prevent the worlds from being dragged out by players simply planning it together and doing so to get more flags.
I don't have a problem with that actually because it makes sense.
But why the heck stop it in casual12 which has not even reached its end game phase. The picture does not support the intention.
I would think that casual worlds should have the count-down start from the time that attack restrictions are lifted.

Last edited:

Twisted Sanity

Reaction score
Feedback for version 8.320

Archers are by far better than swords already, so in the case of:
-Giving them a 30% Defence boost (+30% Combined with upgrading the ''Sword/Spear'' Skill boosts to lvl4 each , it's 3/3/3/6 for both.) is to much, on top of having +10%/15%/20% bonuses for them in the game events makes them completely overpowered, even if the MA also gets 30% bonus.

Considering MA, that bonus is perfectly okay, as they are the least used units in the game.
Maybe consider putting archer paladin boost to MAX 20% but far better by putting it to 15% as it will endup being less overpowered but still very usefull. In the end archer worlds are meant to be for archers, but that shouldn't mean to tune them up to the max.

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I would want a real explenation why the steam coplaying was removed. Also i would want it added back in.
Also i would be willing to bet that the gains of playerbase from the players that was steam only and still are playing are close to 0. Gj managing to spend recources on shitty projects.

Attackplanner
Steam
attackplanner 2.0
20 year anniversary being "feature" on a world start

what will come next?

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I dont understand how some people still have their jobs when they approve changes like this textbox thingy. Revert it

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
This is my feedback regarding this update:
More specifically regarding the incomings tagger configurator.

configure-format.png

First of all, thank you to the devs who worked on this. It is a step towards the right direction IMO.

However I have 2 things that I hoped would be better:

1. Seconds need to be shown IMO on %return%, %sent%, %arrival% tags.
  2. The new tool does not allow to add specifiers what is actually shown on the generated format. Example add a [R] for the return time like R:%return% so we can know that the time shown is a return time.

tagged-inc.png

Example here on this image, the first incoming is tagged using the configuration provided by the new tool. The other incoming has been tagged using scripts.

The whole idea behind the suggestion is to improve the user experience so much that it minimizes the need to use scripts for such a basic need as tagging incomings.

This update seems to me like is half-way there but IMO needs some more work to cover the two issues mentioned above.

Again, thank you to the devs and I hope they take into consideration this feedback.