Feedback world 108

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Dear community,

Upcoming Wednesday, May 16th, world 108 will open its gates around 11 AM. Pre-registrations for this world have started. Gather your teams!
>> Register now!

General Settings:

- Building speed: 1.8 (180%)
- Unit Speed: 0.55 (99%)

Game:
- Archers: No
- Paladin / Statue: Yes, multiple paladins with skills
- Strongholds : Deactivated
- Bonus Villages: Activated
- Barbarian Villages: Grow and shrink to 1,800 points
- Church and Belief: Deactivated
- Watchtower: Activated
- Militia: Activated
- Morale: Activated, points + time based
- Achievements: Activated
- Noble production: Coins
- Technologies: 3-Level
- Beginners protection: 6 days
- Beginners protection ratio: Deactivated

Other:
- Nightmode: Disabled
- Choose starting direction: Activated
- Attack timing: Milliseconds (50)
- Fake limit: Deactivated
- Limit Noble man walking distance: 150 fields
- Scavenging: Deactivated

Extra :
- Victory conditions: Runes (A tribe has to hold 70% of rune villages in each continent for 20 days in order to win)
- Tribe limit: 30
- Flags: Activated
- Limited haul: Deactivated

Premium Features
- Premium Account: Activated
- Account Manager: Activated
- Farm-Assistent: Activated
- Building time reduction: Activated
- Finish immediately: Activated
- Building cost reduction: Activated
- +20% Production: Activated
- Trading with the merchant: Activated
- Premium Exchange: Activated

Make sure to let us know if you like the settings in the Feedbacktopic!

Good luck!

Your Tribal Wars Team

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
- Scavenging: Deactivated

Noobatos that still farms complained to much that they cant grow anymore?

DeletedUser113795

Tech lvl sux and no scaveging sux to and 50 ms train sux to. Can you make one normal world with normal settings for god sake.

DeletedUser116724

What do you mean normal?

Tech units has been around forever and a day. Its very normal.

And getting rid of scavenging would most definitely be normal. It’s a relatively new addition.

150ms train is less normal but not totally unusual.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I love these settings! good job :D

Don't listen to this batan guy!!!

however i don't really get why you would disable scavenging ever, it just makes early game so much worse. Barbs are super overfarmed by everyone like this and it stretches out village growth alot longer because your hauls will definetly look like this:
4c69059617a1a73e55c039576fc01dba.png

1 suggestion: make barbs at the beginning of a new world already start with lvl 1 pits. Nobody likes seeing these low haul reports. There should also be a Smart-Barbs system which has a higher chance of barbs building pits instead of other buildings.

I have seen in tribal wars 2 that if you send a paladin with your attack barbs then have a % chance to increase 1 level of their pits. I think that would be a cool solution for here aswell.

DeletedUser116724

Alternatively to fix the early farming situation adjust BP.

If someone started at the same time as you there’s no BP. If they start a day later, they have 1 day BP in relation to you. So BP for each player will be in relation to who’s trying to attack.

Would add a little spice to startup and still wouldn’t be unfair on anyone.

Can then add a max BP in relation to others obviously. 6 days would be a good max

DeletedUser123361

Tribe limit up to 45? Low tribe limits are lame in my opinion. I don't know how the meta has changed over the years, but I came back for the Tribal Wars I knew and loved. Now its but a shell of itself. BRING BACK BIGGER TRIBE LIMITS X_X

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Tribe limit up to 45? Low tribe limits are lame in my opinion. I don't know how the meta has changed over the years, but I came back for the Tribal Wars I knew and loved. Now its but a shell of itself. BRING BACK BIGGER TRIBE LIMITS X_X
The "tribalwars you know an loved" was huge tribes with huge academy tribes recruiting their ways to controlling continents?

Nah I quite enjoy smaller tribe limits, makes it more about "fighting" your way to an area, instead of "eh, recruit him, and him, and him!

sday03

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Rune villages... Boooo!

I expect someone can correct me, if i'm wrong; W102 was the last rune village world - On that world, the "algorithm :rolleyes:" that worked out the rune village placement worked something like:

Each K will get a fixed amount of rune villages (16?) - IF - The K was populated with villages exceeding a fixed amount or % of villages (in order to prevent runes spawing in K's with 1 village etc).

Will it work like this for W108 too?

If it does, then that sucks, in my view. Look at the map for W102 below. Based on the algorithm above, none of the K's outside of the 4 cores had enough villages to satisfy the condition to spawn rune villages, despite the outer K's (like K46/56) being atleast 80% populated - Ulitmately meaning well over 60% of the world didn't get runes.

So, basically, if you're not in the core, you're at a bit of a disadvantage. Compared to 70% dominance worlds - every village is in the game and "counts" towards the victory.

Wouldn't runes work better if the amount spawned was proportional to the count of villages in a given K?

Obviously, if this is the TW Staff intent for a rune village victory, fair enough. But i'm interested to know how others view Rune victories (i've always observed more of a want for domination) and whether the side-effects, (or intentional effects) of what I outlined above are a good thing or a bad thing for a world.

Screenshot_2019-05-11_TW_Stats.png

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Thank you for your feedback @HollowBastion and @Olve

The reason that the tribe limit has been lowered is to achieve greater tribal competition on the worlds and make sure they last longer.
The player base has become slightly smaller in the past, and therefore we also need to make the tribes smaller to maintain the same (or even better) level of competition.

Everyone can recruit himself to the top and defeat enemies by simply overpowering them in numbers, it is however a real Tribal Wars skill to overpower them with tactics and smaller resources available to you.
Next to that, if a world is smaller but the tribes remain the same, this will also impact the duration of a world. We want our players to enjoy our game as long as possible!

I hope this clears up this setting?

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Is there any chance that you guys can make the barbs that spawn have level 1 pits at the start? It works for speedworlds, so it should be doable right?

@sday03 w104 is the most recent rune village world and the system seems to work quite fine. all the 4 core continents are inhabited with 36 rune villages but I guess all the outer K's are not populated enough to spawn rune villages idk

087dc89723b8a37e28a3db2a0b63bc10.png

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
@Ragestyles We can not. The starting levels are applied to all villages. Not just specific kind of villages. So they'll also start at 26 points :)

As for the Rune villages (@sday03 ), the system has been improved after world 102, as there was indeed an issue with the distribution of the rune villages.

sday03

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
@Ragestyles We can not. The starting levels are applied to all villages. Not just specific kind of villages. So they'll also start at 26 points :)

As for the Rune villages (@sday03 ), the system has been improved after world 102, as there was indeed an issue with the distribution of the rune villages.

Ok, that sounds interesting. Can you elaborate on that improvement?

Stiglette

Reaction score
Wondering what the loyalty rate of return is? I thought it used to be listed in world settings but doesn't seem to be anywhere?