Feedback World 120

Please pick an option!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Thank you for your massive feedback! I am very happy to see this amount of players providing respectful and constructive feedback.
Based on your feedback I noticed most players seem to object the nightbonus + WT combination. As a result, I have enabled a poll on this thread with 4 options:
  • Disable watchtower, enable nightbonus, enable Fake Limit
  • Disable watchtower, enable nightbonus, disable Fake Limit
  • Enable watchtower, disable nightbonus, disable Fake Limit
  • Enable Watchtower, enable nightbonus, disable Fake Limit
Please cast your vote! The settings will be changed according to the result of this poll.

Note that disabling both watchtower and nightbonus is not an option at this point as we've only recently had this setting and we need to have some variety.

Thank you for your feedback so far!

Kind regards,
JJ

Last edited:

Griffin140

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Honestly there should be a vote for disable WT and NB, enable fake limit.

To me the international servers shouldn't have NB attached. NB settings are too easy to abuse and manipulate and it's probably the most universally disliked setting that's been brought into the .en worlds in recent years.

Aside from that, I'm of the opinion that worlds ought to have EITHER fake limits and no WT or WT and no fake limit. A world without a fake limit and no WT just increases the intensity of defending drastically and makes defending nearly impossible for most players. Having to dodge 1k attacks an hour for days, weeks, months on end is a major reason a lot of players in the past quit playing the game entirely because it was just too ridiculous for 99.9% of players to handle... There's a reason why this game has relatively so few players that have stuck around for world after world, year after year in the past. I think balancing a world with EITHER a WT or Fake limit setting makes defending barrable for more players and less people will go running for the hills away from the game then. Being on the offensive should have some challenge to it, there's not much of a challenge if you and a few guys can just spam 80k fakes at a defender and sprinkle in 1k nukes and just win villages through burning people out of the game and spamming fake scripts.

-Griff

Last edited:

wildwang

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Honestly there should be a vote for disable WT and NB, enable fake limit.

To me the international servers shouldn't have NB attached. NB settings are too easy to abuse and manipulate and it's probably the most universally disliked setting that's been brought into the .en worlds in recent years.

Aside from that, I'm of the opinion that worlds ought to have EITHER fake limits and no WT or WT and no fake limit. A world without a fake limit and no WT just increases the intensity of defending drastically and makes defending nearly impossible for most players. Having to dodge 1k attacks an hour for days, weeks, months on end is partially the reason a lot of players in the past quit playing the game entirely because it was just to ridiculous for 99.9% of players to handle..There's a reason why this game has relatively so few players that have stuck around for world after works year after year in the past. I think balancing a world with EITHER a WT or Fake limit setting makes defending barrable for more players and less people will go running for the hills away from the game then. Being on the offensive should have some challenge to it, there's not much of a challenge if you and a few guys can just spam 80k fakes at a defender and sprinkle in 1k nukes and just win villages through burning people out of the game and spamming fake scripts.

-Griff

Idk from my opinion game is defender sided and there's multiple different plays people can do to get around having to dodge 24/7.

There's an art to defending and although I do appreciate the fake limit, it isn't a necessity to have it (we lived with it on older worlds).

Griffin140

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Idk from my opinion game is defender sided and there's multiple different plays people can do to get around having to dodge 24/7.

There's an art to defending and although I do appreciate the fake limit, it isn't a necessity to have it (we lived with it on older worlds).
And those older worlds killed most players enthusiasm for the game. People grudgingly finished out their world and never returned lol. I have a skype with thousands of contacts from over the years and it's crazy how few of them still play. When asked if they would like to come off their 5-7 year break, it's a universal"hell no, never that game again".

I get why people like no WT and no Fake limit, it makes attacking so easy but there ought to be a balance that doesn't require players to either have a 4 - 6 man account or having to give up your whole life to play seriously. I'd say the balance is having either a WT or fake limit on the world's. Just my opinion though

Last edited:

Black-Bird

Reaction score
The night bonus levels the playing field a bit between solo accounts and co-played accounts at the start of the game, which really determines how many players continue on towards the mid game, in terms of fun. Not everybody might be able to find a co-player(s) for the start of the world and it doesn't really change all that much. It serves as a somewhat partial fake limit, as attacks landing at night will be less effective but allows the pressure to be kept on during the day.

A defending player/tribe can always counter with their own fakes. It goes both ways. If they run OPs on you, you can also run OPs on them.

Otherwise, agree with the above comments, a WT and fake limit will kill the fun. However, it would be nice if the settings started off as a night bonus for the first weeks/months of the game, then gradually the night bonus was turned off and instead fake limits came into effect. That would be the best solution in my opinion, as it would address both the problems of solo players at the start of the game and handling 80k incomings on a Sunday morning in the late game