• Poll closed .

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
And you can't spell "is" it seems...

71% wanted Watchtower to be disabled
54% wanted Nightbonus to be disabled
88% wanted there to be no Fake limit

How is this change ridiculous? What would be ridiculous would have been Jawjaw keeping the settings the same when 79% wanted a change.

imdoo

Reaction score
Tbh I think world settings shouldn't change after pre-registration starts. Also the game has really shifted towards 4-5 co-player friendly settings in the past few years. I didn't like the settings but voted for them because it's something probably some people wanted. Something which will never happened if it were up to polling to decide. It's not like we haven't setting more outrageously bias towards off or Def.

The thing is I like playing worlds with different settings to see how the gameplay and tactics end up being different.

Also the assumption people are making that only forum posters are players who actually want to play for the win are stupid I know alot of players that have won worlds and are not on forums. I have been playing this game for more than a decade and just joined forums back after Idk how many years. So this poll might not be the settings people actually wanted.

Anyway I don't really mind the changes either so have fun everyone who ends up joining

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Tbh I think world settings shouldn't change after pre-registration starts. Also the game has really shifted towards 4-5 co-player friendly settings in the past few years. I didn't like the settings but voted for them because it's something probably some people wanted. Something which will never happened if it were up to polling to decide. It's not like we haven't setting more outrageously bias towards off or Def.

The thing is I like playing worlds with different settings to see how the gameplay and tactics end up being different.

Also the assumption people are making that only forum posters are players who actually want to play for the win are stupid I know alot of players that have won worlds and are not on forums. I have been playing this game for more than a decade and just joined forums back after Idk how many years. So this poll might not be the settings people actually wanted.

Anyway I don't really mind the changes either so have fun everyone who ends up joining

You'd think that after decades people would learn to coplay

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The people complaining are always the people who log three times a week who become your typical mid-sized morale-survivor :p

imdoo

Reaction score
You'd think that after decades people would learn to coplay

Well I don't really have a problem with co-playing I've done when I want to and have also played a lot of solo worlds as well.

The people complaining are always the people who log three times a week who become your typical mid-sized morale-survivor :p

It might sound like complaining but the point is just to let everyone have their own preferred settings every once in a while. As I see a lot of players arguing against a few settings even tho they are probably not going to actually play since they already are playing hardcore in other worlds.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well I don't really have a problem with co-playing I've done when I want to and have also played a lot of solo worlds as well.

It might sound like complaining but the point is just to let everyone have their own preferred settings every once in a while. As I see a lot of players arguing against a few settings even tho they are probably not going to actually play since they already are playing hardcore in other worlds.

You do realize that we just had a world with WTs, and w118 had NB. People do get such settings, its their problem if they don't join such worlds.

wildwang

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

ppl can play hardcore in multiple worlds, you know that right? and as world8vet said. 118 had NB, and 119 had WT so what's your point? Just go play those worlds if you want your 'preferred settings'. If you want both, you're just being lazy at this point since they combine to be an atrocious combination for offensive players to play against resulting in massively stagnated worlds like 112 where it's a war to see who will quit first.

imdoo

Reaction score
Well ok then no need to be so pissy about it.

I see you both just keep repeating the same things so won't say anything else since the beginning so need to keep going.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well ok then no need to be so pissy about it.

I see you both just keep repeating the same things so won't say anything else since the beginning so need to keep going.

When you're not able to answer out points, obviously we will direct you to them.

If you want something else than stop dodging them.

imdoo

Reaction score
What the point of my whole argument was just that I don't think polling is a good idea in the future as it might almost always get the same result knowing how people are which eliminate different settings. that's it. I agree that 120 would've been to defense heavy world but I wasn't just talking about 120 but in further future worlds

Last edited:

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What the point of my whole argument was just that I don't think polling is a good idea in the future as it might almost always get the same result knowing how people are which eliminate different settings. that's it. I agree that 120 would've been to defense heavy world but I wasn't just talking about 120 but in further future worlds
Your point being?