FFU maybe yes maybe not!

DeletedUser

You quit. That's fine. But don't pretend that clearing out a massive player is some simple task. It never has been. Even a massive inactive player takes time to clear and noble out -- especially if the tribe has other priorities.

Oh, please. When Bella and Zurtle both delete the rest
of the world was inactive. Those were your priorities? To go after a bunch of noobs and barbs?

Oh gee, no wonder the world is SO boring.

DeletedUser

Thousands of attacks had nothing to do with us quitting. We had both determined to quit before you even started attacks, I even hinted at such to Zain in a skype chat. The reason it took so long to quit from the point that we originally decided to quit was the accomplishing of the few remaining goals that we had. I don't recall all of the goals off hand, but they were simple goals like get 1000 villages, do one final op on Apoc (Davidemah), Kill ZZ dragon in our area, etc, etc. The goals took slightly longer than expected to complete, however in the end all of the goals were accomplished, and when they were accomplished, we hit delete.

That is fine. If you achieved your goals and had the strength of mind to follow through on hitting delete then I salute you. I am not sure I would have the same strength of mind!

I should mention that Peter's response was to a broadside from Bella. I suspect many of us have goals, some more "strategic" than others. Striving to achieve those goals is one of the reasons we play the game. However Bella wasn't simply stating that she had goals and achieved them, she was criticising those that still have "goals in progress" for how they played the game.

The (very) amateur psychologist in me interprets this behaviour as: In reality the aforementioned individual's goals were more a knee-jerk response to an ever-worsening situation than long held objectives. IF (important word!) that is the case then those goals are not actually goals they are a crutch; something to make the individual feel less bad about abandoning their actual goals (that appear no longer achievable).

I am all in favour of adapting. That applies to position, goals, tactics and strategy etc. According to some my adaptability is a weakness. Of course those same people probably think that Darwin is a heretic and the world is a few thousand years old ;-)

P.S. that smiley was intended to provoke a reaction from those who actually believe that Darwin was a heretic etc. Of course there are some that, despite being told they are being wound up, will still be drawn in. I think they call them fundamentalists. I will add that fundamentalism has been a staple of every Monotheistic religion since time began. Pity.

DeletedUser

Thousands of attacks had nothing to do with us quitting. We had both determined to quit before you even started attacks, I even hinted at such to Zain in a skype chat. The reason it took so long to quit from the point that we originally decided to quit was the accomplishing of the few remaining goals that we had. I don't recall all of the goals off hand, but they were simple goals like get 1000 villages, do one final op on Apoc (Davidemah), Kill ZZ dragon in our area, etc, etc. The goals took slightly longer than expected to complete, however in the end all of the goals were accomplished, and when they were accomplished, we hit delete.

My response was to this statement from Bella:
It's not that we weren't capable of sniping and defending forever but hey it gets really boring as compared to RL. It's not like us few would ever have enough nobles to take out the enemy as we were outnumbered at the rate of 2 tribes against each of us, lol. And yet it was still impossible to rim us so we had to make the decision to say enough wasted time :)

I did not talk about why you quit. I have no idea what your reasons were. I had no idea what Bella's reasons were, either -- until I read her post.

As Andrew noted (accurately, I think) peoples' goals can change depending on the circumstances. If every single BA member were to hit delete right now, I can assure you that my own personal goals would be far different than if they don't.

DeletedUser

Oh, please. When Bella and Zurtle both delete the rest
of the world was inactive. Those were your priorities? To go after a bunch of noobs and barbs?

Oh gee, no wonder the world is SO boring.

Hmmm... some cognitive dissonance here....

First of all you said "your priorities?".
My priorities? No. I am not Apoc. I have no ideas what Apoc's priorities were on Zurtle and Bella. (Also, you mentioned Zurtle - I did not. I was talking about Bella.)

Second, you allege the entire rest of the world was inactive. This is not true. Indeed, there are some PX members that were fighting BA (and continue to do so).

Third, I would submit that sending thousands of attacks at Bella (and Zurtle) would indicate that Apoc DID perceive those two players as priorities. But they hit delete.

DeletedUser

I just can't seem to follow the idea of two of the world's biggest
players... And most skilled... Would not be Apoc/Ba's main target...
It's beyond me.

It would make most sense to me, to get those players cleared quickly,
so then the tribes could happily move on to nobling the remaining noobs
in the world.

Or maybe I'm just crazy. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

That is fine. If you achieved your goals and had the strength of mind to follow through on hitting delete then I salute you. I am not sure I would have the same strength of mind!

I should mention that Peter's response was to a broadside from Bella. I suspect many of us have goals, some more "strategic" than others. Striving to achieve those goals is one of the reasons we play the game. However Bella wasn't simply stating that she had goals and achieved them, she was criticising those that still have "goals in progress" for how they played the game.

The (very) amateur psychologist in me interprets this behaviour as: In reality the aforementioned individual's goals were more a knee-jerk response to an ever-worsening situation than long held objectives. IF (important word!) that is the case then those goals are not actually goals they are a crutch; something to make the individual feel less bad about abandoning their actual goals (that appear no longer achievable).

I am all in favour of adapting. That applies to position, goals, tactics and strategy etc. According to some my adaptability is a weakness. Of course those same people probably think that Darwin is a heretic and the world is a few thousand years old ;-)

P.S. that smiley was intended to provoke a reaction from those who actually believe that Darwin was a heretic etc. Of course there are some that, despite being told they are being wound up, will still be drawn in. I think they call them fundamentalists. I will add that fundamentalism has been a staple of every Monotheistic religion since time began. Pity.

I'll clarify my goals for you. Originally, and for the bulk of my 2 years, my only goal was to have fun with my friends. When we all decided to quit for real (as we had all wanted to do for over a year, lol), to keep me from getting antsy, I set myself little goals such as get to 1000 villages, get to number 1 in K58, top 50 ODA/ODD/ODT, top 20 rank, rim one player, etc. I was more then happy with my results and so had no further qualms about pressing that ominous delete button which at one time seemed impossible to do.

DeletedUser

It's beyond me.

in the world.

You are crazy! That would be logical and would actually require skill and effort. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser92424

Wow... over two years of playing this game and I finally register for the forum. Why? I don't know...

It's beyond me.

in the world.

Apoc did have an op going on Zurtle when he deleted (and were winning villages, although Zurtle was a challenging target), but we had not yet begun a full-scale attack on MsBella. Zurtle was in our midst and backlines and was therefore an immediate threat, we were being actively engaged by -PX- players on our immediate front lines. MsBella, on the other hand, was far enough away from where we were actively fighting to make attacking her immediately a rather ridiculous proposition, considering her activity level and competence at the game. Some players were attacking her, I believe, but it hadn't gotten to a tribe-wide op yet.

And, as Andrew Done so accurately noted, taking down a top-ranked player is not an easy task. We never imagined that either Zurtle or MsBella would be easy targets. To jump in without a plan would have been foolish.

DeletedUser

I was expecting the last part... "taking a top player is no easy task"...

You have SEVERAL tribes. What else do you want? That the attacks send
themselves? I'd guess there are several Apoc players that are active, but
there's so many inactives/sat accounts...

Don't get me wrong... I like some Apoc players. Andy, when he's not feelin' annoying...
Mac is pretty cool also... Even Peter. Even though some of the strategies Apoc took
were... Well, the reason the world is now so dull.​

DeletedUser

[Andy trying not to be annoying but probably failing]

One tribe or several is not really the point. As MEChicks said, the issue is one of prioritisation. Bella was certainly on the "to do" list but wasn't a formal target until we got a bit closer.

It may seem a shocking accusation of one of the players in "the East" but we strongly suspected the Bella was being heavily supported from push-accounts (or at least virtual inactives) as, indeed, many of the more active players are to a greater or lesser degree. Therefore taking that out that support was a key "softening up" strategy.

As was said earlier, taking out an active player is very difficult. Zurtle demonstrated that early on in the came when Blade! gave it a shot. Cal- and TF tried their best to do the same to me (mere thousands of incoming was a quiet day!) Even the legendary Swordnuke (in one of his many guises) was no pushover. Speaking personally I can tell you that surviving major such Ops is as much a matter of attention more as skill (the skills are pretty basic and, once learned, pretty easy to apply). Surviving long range Ops (such as the one that would have been required to engage Bella at the time she was playing) is a walk in the park.

[/Andy trying not to be annoying but probably failing]

DeletedUser

One tribe or several is not really the point. As MEChicks said, the issue is one of prioritisation. Bella was certainly on the "to do" list but wasn't a formal target until we got a bit closer.

It may seem a shocking accusation of one of the players in "the East" but we strongly suspected the Bella was being heavily supported from push-accounts (or at least virtual inactives) as, indeed, many of the more active players are to a greater or lesser degree. Therefore taking that out that support was a key "softening up" strategy.

As was said earlier, taking out an active player is very difficult. Zurtle demonstrated that early on in the came when Blade! gave it a shot. Cal- and TF tried their best to do the same to me (mere thousands of incoming was a quiet day!) Even the legendary Swordnuke (in one of his many guises) was no pushover. Speaking personally I can tell you that surviving major such Ops is as much a matter of attention more as skill (the skills are pretty basic and, once learned, pretty easy to apply). Surviving long range Ops (such as the one that would have been required to engage Bella at the time she was playing) is a walk in the park.

I love you too. No need to be jealous. :icon_rolleyes:
Ps. If you can't rim Swordnub... I'm speechless, all I've to say.​

DeletedUser

I think the rim count for SN (and his various aliases) is in the low teens and counting!

DeletedUser

Poor Swordy. Oh well, not like it matters
I never liked him. :icon_neutral:​

DeletedUser

Maybe you like him close. :icon_neutral:

Anyways. Mind explaining what this thread was ever about? :icon_sad:​

DeletedUser

Andrew, like I said earlier, you guys couldn't get any closer to me then you already were. Even you and I were almost neighbours in the south. So you are saying that all those poor nukes and trains that died on my walls were not really sent to take me out? You needed a formal announcement first?

Considering there were eventually only 4 of us, which accounts were push exactly? 'Unfortunately', I have always had many real life commitments and even just playing the MsBella account meant me losing out on a lot of sleep over the 2 years. Us guys supported each other on call, sniped or moved our troops - we had no need for push account - that's just a stupid excuse for your inadequacies. Ask davidemah how fast we could get support across to the villages we took off him and that was northern K58 :) It's really not that hard Andrew. Furthermore, after you did noble out all those dead accounts which you believed to be supporting me, how many villages did you then manage to noble off me, seeing as you were still softening me up? None, right? Not even after I deleted.. and those attacks were ALL to K57 - right on the frontline :)

Having SEVERAL tribes IS the point coz it means you had approximately 2.5 tribes which could be allocated to each of our members had you not have been so used to taking out just inactives. That circ that Karen wrote about needing extra sitters and support coz you were all so tired from defending against us when we were hitting davide still makes me giggle :)

You know what? At least Zain said the truth of it in the internal forums. You mass recruited like there was no tomorrow to gain numbers and territory and then focused on inactives.You may as well own up to it too and stop with the stupid excuses.

DeletedUser

Zain must have been speaking about his time in TWA! We did a fair amount of recruiting in RKN at first (as all tribes do). That slowed down to a trickle during the Legion war. Apoc -C and -D have never mass-recruited. In fact one of the reasons DS (former UA member) was forced to disband was due to our position on recruiting (particularly members of CKNHWK)

The southern tribes did recruit a significant number of refugees from the FEAR war. To be quite honest that was more to do with Apoc-W posturing, Apoc-N being defensive w.r.t. Cal-'s and Rattlesnake8's next erratic move (generally involving attacking other members of Apoc) and Apoc-F trying to play referee. 20/20 Hindsight suggests that Socolofi was right to worry and also suggests that we should have booted Apoc-W (well Cal- and Rattlesnake8 at least) a loooong time ago.

Zain is probably the most susceptible to the allure of the odd "strategic" recruit. Most of the rest of us let him get his way once and while to let him feel he's important ;-) Oh, and because we just want quiet lives (he can be quite persistent you know!)

Anyway, back to your point: I'm fed up of your constant efforts to pat yourself on the back so, to let's put this one to bed. Here's goes...

MSBella is the best player in the game. She's a far better player than anyone in Apoc. She is so good that she could have beat the whole of Apoc with one arm tied behind her back. I now realise that the only reason she quit is because beating Apoc was such a foregone conclusion that actually doing so would have been terminally boring.

Feel free to cut and paste that into your sig. I believe Swordnuke (who clearly doesn't get sarcasm) my have an old sig that you might like.

DeletedUser67005

Swordy's sig is funny though. It just depends how you look at it... :)

DeletedUser

Zain must have been speaking about his time in TWA! We did a fair amount of recruiting in RKN at first (as all tribes do). That slowed down to a trickle during the Legion war. Apoc -C and -D have never mass-recruited. In fact one of the reasons DS (former UA member) was forced to disband was due to our position on recruiting (particularly members of CKNHWK)

The southern tribes did recruit a significant number of refugees from the FEAR war. To be quite honest that was more to do with Apoc-W posturing, Apoc-N being defensive w.r.t. Cal-'s and Rattlesnake8's next erratic move (generally involving attacking other members of Apoc) and Apoc-F trying to play referee. 20/20 Hindsight suggests that Socolofi was right to worry and also suggests that we should have booted Apoc-W (well Cal- and Rattlesnake8 at least) a loooong time ago.

Zain is probably the most susceptible to the allure of the odd "strategic" recruit. Most of the rest of us let him get his way once and while to let him feel he's important ;-) Oh, and because we just want quiet lives (he can be quite persistent you know!)

Anyway, back to your point: I'm fed up of your constant efforts to pat yourself on the back so, to let's put this one to bed. Here's goes...

MSBella is the best player in the game. She's a far better player than anyone in Apoc. She is so good that she could have beat the whole of Apoc with one arm tied behind her back. I now realise that the only reason she quit is because beating Apoc was such a foregone conclusion that actually doing so would have been terminally boring.

Feel free to cut and paste that into your sig. I believe Swordnuke (who clearly doesn't get sarcasm) my have an old sig that you might like.

Please Andrew, you had so many tribes and you are STILL recruiting. Recruiting even 1 player right now into your massive family just does not make sense.

I'm happy with what I achieved here but it had nothing to do with you recognising that. Frankly, I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.. (except for ffs of course <3) so I will keep my siggy as is :)

PS You should be thanking us for bringing this dull forum to life though. You now actually have someone to talk to ;)