First Impressions

DeletedUser

So I'm new to Tribalwars but not to MMOs in general and I have to tell you I'm not impressed so far. I have contacted several players in my area all who seem too putout to reply or just plain inactive/banned. Pretty much the second I leave peacetime I'm targeted, scouted and now attacked.

I've mailed my attacker after getting scouted informing him I was new to the game and still learning and if he'd cut me some slack I'd appreciate it. Nope, I log in this morning and he's still attacking me. Didn't bother to reply, man, players like this really tire me. I've run accross them far too often in other games.

So now I've mailed his tribal diplomat, still waiting an answer to see what she says.

I'm also wondering, can I abandon my village with incoming attacks?

Quintus Fabius Maximus

If you're being genuine; afraid that's the game. You can restart yes and start again. Or start on a new world perhaps? When do you start, just make sure you're the best in your area..

DeletedUser

Hmm, well tbh I expected more from a MMO then a free for all slugfest. I don't mind war but the attitude of the playerbase I'm met seems hostile and unwelcoming. I hate to come crying to the forums but what else can one do when nobody bothers to respond to my messages ingame?

Meh, it was an experience, what more can I say. If I'm capped I won't return, there are better games I can invest my time in. I guess it's true in that the community can and does make or break an MMO.

Thx for replying.

DeletedUser114562

Sadly that's why this game is losing so many players, because there's no respect for the new, people want to have the power over others, makes them feel better even if it's not a fair fight, their approach is "if other bullied me, I shall bully others", most of the community is composed by veterans that are understanding, and decent human beings, the other part are just frustrated people that want to be among the veterans.

Best advice I could give you is try try and find a good tribe, on a fresh world where others don't have that much advantage over you, except some knowledge that you might be able to gather as time goes by and stand a fair chance in a good tribe, or try some of the other worlds that are more friendly to new players, such as casual world.

And yes, you can start over/abandon your village even if there are attacks incoming, but you might just end up near another bully just other part of the map. Note that this world (72) was open 4-5 months ago, therefor your enemies will have a HUGE advantage over you. Try joining world 74 that opens on 25.03.2014.

I would suggest you to take a look at the guide library and try to pick few things before starting over, to have a better chance with the new start. Here's a link to the guides library :
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?197546-Guide-Library

EDIT : The most fun and enjoying aspect of this game, and the only way you could actually enjoy this game is by finding a good tribe that offers great, helpful and understanding team mates, without a good tribe, the experience is not that enjoyable. Like you said, it's a MMO game, the concept of team and team-work should be familiar to you.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you're new to the game and didn't know better then I will inform you.

Yes, sometimes it can be unfair as people will pick on new players and if you don't know this game you might get creamed. Just focus on troop production and farming so while your under BP you will have a small amount of D when you first start, and you can keep farming more and more allowing you to upgrade while keeping your barracks going 24/7.

'Fraid to say but this game can be harsh and unwelcoming to new players, as if you don't learn right away you will get farmed until you restart.

For any game you play, view a strategy guide first. Always helps.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice, I'll give the guides a look-see. I didn't expect this to be farmville but what got me down how willing the players in my area are to snub me.

DeletedUser

I'd have to agree with pureluck here, w74 opens tomorrow and joining a new world where everyone is on a level pegging is your best option.

DeletedUser107233

i concur with high and pure here, i have been playing the game for ages now and everyone on an even keel brings out the best in new players, if you start the new world razing be willing to join a tribe that will help guide you through.

you can send me a message ingame also if you need some help

DeletedUser

Thanks for the advice, I'll give the guides a look-see. I didn't expect this to be farmville but what got me down how willing the players in my area are to snub me.

Not trying to be rude at all, but: You will suck at first. You'll be horrible and will lose often. If you really want to succeed at TW, my advice is to just be persistent. You'll figure it out if you give yourself the time.

TW is a surprisingly forgiving game, and if you make a mistake you can usually recover and still do well. Learning TW also takes a bit longer than most people expect, and gets extremely precise at the higher levels. So persistence, and the ability to not get frustrated with mistakes, are important. You will make mistakes, and you will lose - everyone does at some point. Don't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107233

i am going onto my 8th year in the game and i am still learning some aspects of the game, Wolf is right just give it time and i am also sure you will meet alot of good friends on here