I didn't mind the Wavebird, but the C stick just drove me mad :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

jeez, it came back :eek:

I hope that you guys will be more spammy now :p

actually post, rather than being inactive :icon_cry:

someone make a jokes thread!! :)

wishus

I guess that would be a little bit to ask of you lot :lol:

Seriously though, you can have fun without making loads of sexual inuendos, right? :icon_wink:

To redo my point you (who fortunately are now a non-mod so we can argue happily and fairly with you
icon14.gif
) have it completely wrong! The only real issue with many of siv's jokes were that they were sexist, racist or blonde-ist. A non-sexist sexual innuendo will pass over the heads of anyone who should not understand it, and the only people who will be offended are those who are specifically looking to be offended. For example if I said that in the English town of Scunthorpe resides a very nasty person, only someone deliberately attempting to offend themselves could be offended and they would look completely ridiculous attempting to display their offence to a public audience!

It's like the urban legend about the man who was fired for explaining the Seinfeld "Dolores" joke to a female co-worker (the urban legend was that it was the sole reason, when in fact it was because he took the joke too far, staring at the female worker's "Dolores" section and printing out a picture from the internet).

Anyway, not to argue with actual mods' personal foibles (which is I think is not) but to suggest the way in which this new forum should evolve, non-sexist sexual innuendo should be specifically allowed because it is actually greatly offensive not to allow it! This is true ideological fascism by definition.

As this thread is titled, "First!", and this forum is brand-new can I request that we don't apply the rules of the P&P otherwise there is no point in having it!

DeletedUser

To redo my point you (who fortunately are now a non-mod so we can argue happily and fairly with you
icon14.gif
) have it completely wrong! The only real issue with many of siv's jokes were that they were sexist, racist or blonde-ist. A non-sexist sexual innuendo will pass over the heads of anyone who should not understand it, and the only people who will be offended are those who are specifically looking to be offended. For example if I said that in the English town of Scunthorpe resides a very nasty person, only someone deliberately attempting to offend themselves could be offended and they would look completely ridiculous attempting to display their offence to a public audience!

It's like the urban legend about the man who was fired for explaining the Seinfeld "Dolores" joke to a female co-worker (the urban legend was that it was the sole reason, when in fact it was because he took the joke too far, staring at the female worker's "Dolores" section and printing out a picture from the internet).

Anyway, not to argue with actual mods' personal foibles (which is I think is not) but to suggest the way in which this new forum should evolve, non-sexist sexual innuendo should be specifically allowed because it is actually greatly offensive not to allow it! This is true ideological fascism by definition.

As this thread is titled, "First!", and this forum is brand-new can I request that we don't apply the rules of the P&P otherwise there is no point in having it!

you're right, I'm not a mod anymore, and therefore you can argue with me all you like :)

I did not miss any point whatsoever, I made a point myself...

also, I don't even know who you are, therefore I did not really take the time to read your post (which is not on this page, near any of my posts), so was your point even valid to what I said?

I know that .siv.'s joke thread took things way too far, and bent the rules in so many ways, which is why it was deleted. What you are saying about making non-sexual inuendos allowed, they are allowed, as long as you are not making fun of people when using them. I don't see why people in this forum would have non-sexual inuendos go "over their head", as most of them seem to be well educated people, and not petty little children that have no idea what is going on outside their own bedroom.

Rules of the PnP must apply to this forum, as it is just a subforum of one of the forums already in place... If there were no rules, then what would be the point of moderating them, and therefore what would the point be of having the forum? Just use skype, and start a group chat, so that there is no moderation.

wishus

also, I don't even know who you are, therefore I did not really take the time to read your post (which is not on this page, near any of my posts), so was your point even valid to what I said?

Our original posts got Jirkied. Hence I lengthened my one-liner to the essay which was basically saying the same thing, but with long words.

DeletedUser

So is this new section so we world two players can talk about things other than tribalwars or did i miss read some thing here ?

thanks

-toby

DeletedUser

Ahh well i suppose it diverts some of the spam .

Thanks

-TobyB