Flag's defensive bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Just wondering whether the Flag's defensive bonus was added to the wall's bonus to defense, or if the defense was calculated after the wall's bonus has been calculated. Has anyone had experience attacking someone with that flag enabled, so they could tell me? It makes a difference as to how much of a bonus that flag truly is. If it's calculated after the wall bonus, that makes it a much, much more dangerous flag.

DeletedUser

I dunno but it blew the shit out of my troops when it shouldn't have. Scared me quite a bit, decided to turtle.

DeletedUser

It's a valid question, Virus. No need to be sarcastic.

If it's added to the wall's defense percentage bonus, the defense is increased by a maximum of 117%.

If it's factored in after the wall's defensive bonus, the defense is increased by 107%, and then the new number (207% of the original value of the defense) is increased by an additional 10%.

To make this clearer, Assuming a defensive strength of... let's say 500. This is increased by 117% by the original method, thereby becoming 1085. Using the second method, it would be increased to 1000, and then 1100. It's an increase of a percent and a half. That may not seem huge, but it makes a substantive difference in battles.

DeletedUser

I was being serious :icon_rolleyes:

I'm sorry i can't help with your question, you have confused the shit out of me. Hopefully someone can clear this up for you.

DeletedUser

The defense flag is calculated after the wall bonus has been calculated.

DeletedUser

You use the Simulator to figure it out. The simulator has flag levels in it. level 20 wall has a defense strength of 107, and lvl 19 has a strength of 99. If the flag bonus was calculated with the wall then having a flag bonus and a lvl 19 wall should be equivalent to having a lvl 20 wall but it does not. You will lose less troops if someone where to attack you with having a lvl 19 wall and 8% flag lvl then if you were to have a lvl 20 wall with no flag lvl.

Also another way to figure it out is to test what will happen if a person with a 10% attacking flag where to attack a person with a 10% defense flag. Then test it out with both of them not having a flag. If the casualties where the same, which they are after testing it then that means it is calculated after the wall if it was calculated with the wall then the offensive flag would be stronger than the defense flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.