Flags

Sir Romit

Reaction score
I'm currently playing Casual world 11.

I went to the flag overview screen and seen this - Receiving flags through progress has been disabled on this world.

I was told "they say it was giving player an advantage of future worlds...".

I would like to know how it was giving a player an advantage on future worlds?

Rick James

Reaction score
Yeah it's a bit moronic. Flags are a progression reward for use in the present and future. But apparently its unfair to progress in an aging world

They sure as hell didnt remove buying that "unfair advantage".

Tl:dr,
Apparently buying flags good, earning flags bad

Sir Romit

Reaction score
Yeah it's a bit moronic. Flags are a progression reward for use in the present and future. But apparently its unfair to progress in an aging world

They sure as hell didnt remove buying that "unfair advantage".

Tl:dr,
Apparently buying flags good, earning flags bad

Yes indeed. In my opinion flags are like experience. Like you said "Flags are a progression reward for use in the present and future."

Experience is a progression reward for use in future worlds as well. You gain experience from every world you play, that will hopefully reward you in a future world.

What's next? Are they going to start penalising players based on their experience?

To me TW isn't a game that's just played on one world. It's a game that culminates over multiple worlds where you gain experience, friendships and mortal enemies...lol

But unfortunately, that's not the real world. It's all about the money.

Rick James

Reaction score
Next TW update:
Yeah you've played more than 1 world, therefore this world you only produce 3/4th the resources as everyone else. Coins cost x2.

No notice, no announcement, nothing. Just "Here's a change because we want you to buy stuff and earn nothing"

auracraft

Reaction score
Im gonna guess that the reason is that in late game, you get 100x more flags a week than in early game
in early game, it takes up to 4 weeks before you have 1 snob = 1 grey flag
in late game, you make new ones every day, so it would be unlimited free flags

Last edited:

Virajin

Reaction score
There have been cases where worlds needed to be closed by force because players would simply not try to win the world anymore.
For example, the first tribe would hover at 63% of 65% to just farm flags, holding other players hostage in that world.
Overall this is not a nice experience for most remaining players in that world just so that a few can farm hundreds or thousands of flags.
This should even the playing field a bit more for most players. Also, if you are not happy with the timing of the deactivation, you could ask to increase the time before the blocker hits.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Some players delayed a world to flag farm, instead of punishing them the TW decided to punish the whole community as well as new players who have no flag by giving unrealistic restrictions on flag farming.